Who is going to see Klecko and Revis get inducted?

Got my floor ticket. Debating about going to the HOF game. Tickets over $100. Just don't know if that's worth it especially with AR not playing. Looking forward to the induction ceremony. The one thing I couldn't get a clear answer on is if their memorabilia and jersey and all that stuff will be on display before the ceremony. The HOF bust will not until at least Sunday if not Monday from what I'm told

1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

With so many Jets going in all the time it’s time to be picky about Jet HoFers.  

It’s also funny to see so many people happy about supposedly more power being taken away from the owners and given to the players in recent years, but then begrudge one of the greatest corners of all-time for wanting to be paid what he was worth.

Revis is a prick, but you could easily argue that he’s the greatest all-around player in this sorry ass teams history.

Hell, if we’re being honest, few people under 60 could even hope to dispute it while maintaining a straight face.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, billo83 said:

Got my floor ticket. Debating about going to the HOF game. Tickets over $100. Just don't know if that's worth it especially with AR not playing. Looking forward to the induction ceremony. The one thing I couldn't get a clear answer on is if their memorabilia and jersey and all that stuff will be on display before the ceremony. The HOF bust will not until at least Sunday if not Monday from what I'm told

Tickets to the special autograph signing ceremony or $500! That’s crazy

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Tickets to the special autograph signing ceremony or $500! That’s crazy

Everything is a money grab. Good thing I was at Leigh university for the jets /redskins  scrimmage in july 87 and got Kleckos autograph for free 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

I will be there with my son. I know Tailgate Joe is going @joebabyny.

Just curious if anyone else from here is going?

Yes... absolutely. I will be there with my signed Klecko jersey. As we get closer to the date, I'll text you my cell. Perhaps we can meet for a photo.  My GF is from Canton se we are staying at her sister's house.  I'll arrive Friday afternoon and head out Sunday more than likely.  I bought the floor passes @$175 each.  Talk about a money grab.

I am not going to game as I don't want to arrive Thursday.  AND..   Jets will be in Charlotte following weekend so I will e at that game with the Charlotte Jets fan club. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Revis is acting like a jackass . Too much time spent as a Pat .

And Namath was a womanizing drunk who threatened to retire multiple times during his career and leave the Jets in the lurch (he actually did retire once then unretired a few months later). Klecko is a convicted felon. Curtis Martin admitted he never loved football (in his induction speech, no less). Boy this is fun.

People aren’t perfect we can acknowledge that and still celebrate what makes them great. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Yes... absolutely. I will be there with my signed Klecko jersey. As we get closer to the date, I'll text you my cell. Perhaps we can meet for a photo.  My GF is from Canton se we are staying at her sister's house.  I'll arrive Friday afternoon and head out Sunday more than likely.  I bought the floor passes @$175 each.  Talk about a money grab.

I am not going to game as I don't want to arrive Thursday.  AND..   Jets will be in Charlotte following weekend so I will e at that game with the Charlotte Jets fan club. 

Awesome, sounds good!

5 hours ago, jgb said:

And Namath was a womanizing drunk who threatened to retire multiple times during his career and leave the Jets in the lurch (he actually did retire once then unretired a few months later). Klecko is a convicted felon. Curtis Martin admitted he never loved football (in his induction speech, no less). Boy this is fun.

People aren’t perfect we can acknowledge that and still celebrate what makes them great. 

Namath was loved for being a womanizing drunk.  If Rodger was commish instead of Pete Rozell, Bachelors 3 would be the official gambling site of the NFL.  

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Namath was loved for being a womanizing drunk.  If Rodger was commish instead of Pete Rozell, Bachelors 3 would be the official gambling site of the NFL.  

Purity tests belong in medicine factories, not in sports. 

8 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Revis is acting like a jackass . Too much time spent as a Pat .

No one else made him an offer, including the team he wanted to play for the Jets.  So when he got a $20M offer with a SB contending team he should have turned it down.  Because he should hate other teams and pass the offer by

Because that’s what you and all those who cry over him playing for the Pats at that number would have done

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

No one else made him an offer, including the team he wanted to play for the Jets.  So when he got a $20M offer with a SB contending team he should have turned it down.  Because he should hate other teams and pass the offer by

Because that’s what you and all those who cry over him playing for the Pats at that number would have done

And no one here would ever demand a raise if they felt they were worth more than their salary.

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

Well, it is true that in sports the difference between an ahole and a lovable rogue is winning (See: ‘86 Mets). If those Rex teams made a SB and Revis got a pick to ice away the game, I’m sure people would be a lot less opinionated about his antics.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

Well, it is true that in sports the difference between an ahole and a lovable rogue is winning (See: ‘86 Mets). If those Rex teams made a SB and Revis got a pick to ice away the game, I’m sure people would be a lot less opinionated about his antics.

One of the interesting Revis things to me was his time in KC.  He joined them late in 2017, when Mahomes was a rookie.  By most accounts he was rounding into pretty good by the playoffs.  Sutton had a mid-pack D that year, but from when Revis started playing they were giving up way less points.  They face the Titans in the playoffs and the play I remember was down at the goal Mariota rolled out and tried to dunk one into the endzone.  Revis batted it hard.  Mariota catches it and strolls into the endzone.  So close to being a hero.  They had been up big, but ended up losing by one point.  I have to admit that I was rooting for him, but I tend to root for AFL teams. 

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

One of the interesting Revis things to me was his time in KC.  He joined them late in 2017, when Mahomes was a rookie.  By most accounts he was rounding into pretty good by the playoffs.  Sutton had a mid-pack D that year, but from when Revis started playing they were giving up way less points.  They face the Titans in the playoffs and the play I remember was down at the goal Mariota rolled out and tried to dunk one into the endzone.  Revis batted it hard.  Mariota catches it and strolls into the endzone.  So close to being a hero.  They had been up big, but ended up losing by one point.  I have to admit that I was rooting for him, but I tend to root for AFL teams. 

The older I get, the less I care when the Jets suck. I almost don’t care at all any more. Love it when they’re great (at least I did 12 years ago but maybe that has changed also) but when they suck? Whatever, got more important things to worry about.

That definitely drives how I feel about holdouts and the like. The NFL is a really interesting closed economic system.