Young Jets Agree: 'The Expectation Is High with Aaron Rodgers'

On the Jets app.  

New Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers made an immediate impression on not only his new teammates but his new head coach, too.

"I've never been around a quarterback quite like him, personally, and all his experience, his communication," Robert Saleh said. "Every play talking to the receivers, talking to the backs, his demeanor in the meetings, all that stuff. He is practically another coach out there. He's pretty impressive."

"How vocal he is in good way and how positive he is with the group and how much he wants to share his knowledge — it's impressive," Saleh said. "He's coming to win. You can just feel it in his voice and you can see it in his eyes, the way he's going about his business."

Rodgers, a four-time NFL MVP, four-time first-team All-Pro and 10-time Pro Bowler, participated in the offseason workout program, acclimating to his new teammates such as WR Garrett Wilson, the league's NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year last season.

Everyone's going out to put work in with a smile on their face knowing that it's a lot of learning to do," said Wilson, whose 83 receptions and 1,103 yards in 2022 led the Jets and set franchise rookie records. "The expectation is high with Aaron. We all know that and that's what we want. So for us, it's all the excitement to get to work and the excitement to perfect our game every day. He pushes us to that, for sure."

Following 18 years in Green Bay and after being introduced as the Green & White's new signal-caller, Rodgers quickly embraced the bright lights of New York City and especially Madison Square Garden. He went to a Rangers-Devils playoff game with a group of teammates and attended a Knicks playoff game with CB Sauce Gardner.

"Being able to be around a veteran guy like him, a down-to-earth guy — I didn't know he was that funny," Gardner said. "Just being able to spend some time with him, it was great, man. Everybody knew who he was."

Gardner said No. 8 plans to help No. 1 in Year 2 as teams try to attack the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year this season.

"He was telling me he has the secret gems he can give me," Sauce said. "Just hearing that from him made me respect him even more."

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'll take "things no one actually needed to say out loud to know was true", Alex.

Of course 'The Expectation Is High with Aaron Rodgers', lol.

Oddly, the most aggressively-cheerful voices during the long, dark, 12-year night for this franchise are the most pessimistic now. It’s like they think getting a QB by any other means but the draft “doesn’t count.”

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Oddly, the most aggressively-cheerful voices during the long, dark, 12-year night for this franchise are the most pessimistic now. It’s like they think getting a QB by any other means but the draft “doesn’t count.”

They just don't get that Rodgers is the QB of the present AND the future.  4 years from now when he's finally got his rematch game against the Packers they'll understand.

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'll take "things no one actually needed to say out loud to know was true", Alex.

Of course 'The Expectation Is High with Aaron Rodgers', lol.

What specifically are your expectations?

34 minutes ago, Larz said:

What specifically are your expectations?

• Competitive every week, no/very few blowout losses.
  • Top 15 Offense in Scoring.
  • Make the Playoffs, break the streak.  
  • Win one Playoff game.

Or TLDR:  High Expectations

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:
  • Competitive every week, no/very few blowout losses.
  • Top 15 Offense in Scoring.
  • Make the Playoffs, break the streak.  
  • Win one Playoff game.

Or TLDR:  High Expectations

Those aren’t high expectations my friend.  

I’m at AFCCG

On 7/5/2023 at 10:27 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

They just don't get that Rodgers is the QB of the present AND the future.  4 years from now when he's finally got his rematch game against the Packers they'll understand.

Lol good one .  It will be minor miracle if a Rodgers is around after this year.   4 years you really expecting him to play .   Whatever drugs you’re taken pass them on down. 

Lol good one .  It will be minor miracle if a Rodgers is around after this year.   4 years you really expecting him to play .   Whatever drugs you’re taken pass them on down. 
I'm hoping for a great year this year... Slightly less great but still admirable next year ...

Then retirement.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

You don’t understand jokes do you 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Well he said that he’s not here for just one year because of what the jets gave up for him. 

8 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

do you intend to enjoy this season my friend?

Yes.  I'm super excited for the season.  I like this team a lot. 

All I'm saying is I don't believe the Jets have done enough to beat the top teams in the league.  And, for the life of me, can't understand why they haven't.

If you have this small window with Rodgers why not just go for it and support hi with everything you can?  That's the only question I've been asking and haven't found a reasonable answer.

The only logical reason I can come up with it - is JD doesn't believe this is a team that can win it all so he's choosing not to go all in.

2 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

For some reason I thought the Raiders fan stopped posting here. I stand corrected…

Anyway does this guy have an account on message boards for every nfl team or does he only like to mix it up with Jets fans? Curious! @Raideraholic 

He disappeared for several months after predicting the 2022 Raiders would be SB contenders only to end up finishing with a worse record than the Jets.

Now he's back predicting big things for the Jimmy G-led 2023 Raiders because he can't help himself.  Rinse and repeat.

Keep in mind that the Raiders haven't won a playoff game in over 20 years, thus making this annual exercise even more hilariously futile.

• Haha 2

On 7/5/2023 at 8:37 PM, FidelioJet said:

Anything less than this would make the Rodgers trade a disaster.  

You hope. Even if that's a stupid comment and an attempt to validate your persistent negativity. It would be no disaster at all if we made the playoffs and got to the AFCCG. It would in fact be an accomplishment, given the teams we would have to beat to get there. Your comment is a "disaster."

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

You hope. Even if that's a stupid comment and an attempt to validate your persistent negativity. It would be no disaster at all if we made the playoffs and got to the AFCCG. It would in fact be an accomplishment, given the teams we would have to beat to get there. Your comment is a "disaster."

Fidelio:  Your 2022 JN Captain.  

• Haha 2