Becton on his transformation

1 minute ago, Larz said:

I knew people here would get hung up on that.  I’m not sure how his agent is involved in his training, but you did catch where the team he was talking about was not the jets, right ? 

there is bad blood between becton and Saleh.  Becton feels like the jets did him dirty when he said his knee was hurting and they told him to suck it up and he wound up needing a full reconstruction. 

this is his last year here. This years team really needs him in shape and healthy. So he fired his trainer and the new one is making a difference.  That’s a good thing 

Yeah, he was referring to his training team/agent etc. not the Jets, even though he hates the Jets.

He's gone after this year. Hope he stays healthy and looks like a monster for Rodgers' benefit.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I have to agree with this. I kind of hated that response. That said, who you surround yourself with has a huge impact. 

Becton is surrounded by everyone he encounters all the time thanks to gravitational pull.

@The Crusher has the same problem hence why he has 5 kids that are always around.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Lol, whatever. 'I'm a professional athlete millionaire. I've got trainers, chefs, and an entire professional sports organization at my disposal as a first round pick. However, it took me 4 off-seasons, multiple season ending injuries, and people at jetnation providing me with hard truths to figure out that I needed to lose weight, and get in shape'... 

Color me inspired...

fwiw this is Becton's second offseason with the Jets.

edit: I was wrong about this.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

No, it's not. He was drafted in 2020. 2020 (rookie camp), 2021, 2022, 2023 (this year, year 4).

I don't consider rookies to be involved in a full NFL offseason.

But am I going crazy? I thought he has only been here 2 seasons. His first season he got injured late in the season. His second season he got injured in preseason for the year. Where did the third season go in my brain?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

But am I going crazy? I thought he has only been here 2 seasons. His first season he got injured late in the season. His second season he got injured in preseason for the year. Where did the third season go in my brain?

Becton ate it

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The knee debacle cost him 2 years more or less. It was his fault being out of shape last year, but I’m of the opinion that the initial surgery and rehab were substandard and it lead to the need for a full reconstruction ultimately.  

my own knees feel so much better when I’m lighter. He lost something like 50 lbs?   Nothing better for the knees. 

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, Larz said:

This years team really needs him in shape and healthy. So he fired his trainer and the new one is making a difference.  That’s a good thing 

You know what else would be good?

Less social media attention-whoring by Becton.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Larz said:

The knee debacle cost him 2 years more or less. It was his fault being out of shape last year, but I’m of the opinion that the initial surgery and rehab were substandard and it lead to the need for a full reconstruction ultimately.  

my own knees feel so much better when I’m lighter. He lost something like 50 lbs?   Nothing better for the knees. 

it was early Y2 he first injured the knee. For some reason I thought it was the end of his rookie season. That's where I was confused.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I have to agree with this. I kind of hated that response. That said, who you surround yourself with has a huge impact. 

I think that is more the statement.  Part of the growth for humans is recognizing faults.  And 'correcting' faults, in many ways, does not occur unless you surround yourself with people who are already where you want to go.  So kudos should go to Becton.  I really do not get why the entire fan-base is down on this guy.  At the end of the day, his play will determine whether he has a career in this league.  He has done everything right for his body.  If it still can't manage the rigors of a 17+ game season, then it wasn't meant to be. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

2020 he played as a rookie. Missed some time but started like 75% of the season and looked good, albeit out of shape.

2021 he got injured in Week 1 against Panthers. Was supposed to be a 6-8 week injury. He missed the whole season.

2022 he got injured in training camp. Missed the whole season.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That said, who you surround yourself with has a huge impact. 

Agree 💯 but ultimately it’s who YOU surround yourself with. Everything falls back on you in 99% of the situations you find yourself in. Good or bad 

Unfortunately we only here I when it comes to the good

• Upvote 1