Sauce in a world all in his own

Again, nice chart!

Comment 1: So all three Jets corners (Michael Carter, Reed, Sauce) are really good. Carter is in the 'SOLID' range, while Sauce/Reed are 'LOCKDOWN'! Good job Joe Douglas.

Comment 2: James Bradberry is better than I thought. The only other corner in Sauce's universe.

Question: I looked for Derek Stingley (the corner taken by Huston one pick ahead of Sauce) but couldn't find him on the chart. Any clue?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Feels like a massive gaffe. Stingley has physical tools and may end up being a good corner but taking a good player at 3 when an elite (potentially transcendent) player at the same position goes 4 is a tough look.

Generational even!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

the point is PFF literally makes up data so anything reported off it is sus. Obviously Sauce is really good but no one should ever trust PFF data for anything.

Was this reported somewhere?

Yards per target seems like a pretty black and white calculation.

I do find it odd that they recently ranked the Dolphins with the best DLine in the AFC even though they individually rated 2 of those Linemen as sub par quality starters.  Plus they failed to consider Bradley Chubb at Edge is hit or miss year in alternating years.

It’s inconsistent that their analysis above has Jalen Ramsey in the middle of the pack yet they graded him individually right up there with Sauce.

Inconsistent?  Yes

Biased?  Potentially

Flawed?  The above says yes plus we know certain positions like OL have a high degree of subjectivity.

Some employees bad at their job?  Definitely, remember Quinnens joke of a grade after he dominated against the Pack.

Valuable Insights?  At times, with context..

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Was this reported somewhere?

Yards per target seems like a pretty black and white calculation.

I do find it odd that they recently ranked the Dolphins with the best DLine in the AFC even though they individually rated 2 of those Linemen as sub par quality starters.  Plus they failed to consider Bradley Chubb at Edge is hit or miss year in alternating years.

It’s inconsistent that their analysis above has Jalen Ramsey in the middle of the pack yet they graded him individually right up there with Sauce.

Inconsistent?  Yes

Biased?  Potentially

Flawed?  The above says yes plus we know certain positions like OL have a high degree of subjectivity.

Some employees bad at their job?  Definitely, remember Quinnens joke of a grade after he dominated against the Pack.

Valuable Insights?  At times, with context..

Last year they had a guy who graded a Jets game admit that he didn't watch the game. He wasn't fired or forced to resign. Conclude from that what you will.

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

If Gardener becomes as great as everyone here thinks he will, get ready for Revis #2 next Summer when he threatens to hold out and demands a new contract 2 years early.

Ok I’m ready. Now what?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Last year they had a guy who graded a Jets game admit that he didn't watch the game. He wasn't fired or forced to resign. Conclude from that what you will.

Whoa I didn’t hear about that. Wow lol 

4 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

If Gardener becomes as great as everyone here thinks he will, get ready for Revis #2 next Summer when he threatens to hold out and demands a new contract 2 years early.

I highly doubt that will happen based on all the positive off field stuff I've viewed on him.  He is not what I expected him to be, in a good way!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

If he continues to be ridiculously good and comes back after whatever hold out it takes for him to get paid healthy in great shape again ready to go? Go get yours Sauce. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2023 at 11:48 AM, rangerous said:

No doubt sauce is really good. He’ll get better and it won’t be long before the other teams stop testing his side of the field.  I think he’s a little handsy at times and that will make him vulnerable as to how the refs call the game. Last season it seems like the refs let the boys play.

Yup, and his 'style' would normally drive us nuts...almost never turns his head to find the ball....rather stares right at the WR the whole time. When the WR raises his hands to make the catch, Sauce swats at his hands. Sauces gets up in the WR's face as much as possible. This used to be a penalty (face guarding) and makes it hard sometimes for the WR to see the ball during the last .05 seconds when the catch has to be made! But it works for Sauce, and I bet we'll see other DBs trying to copy his technique.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Feels like a massive gaffe. Stingley has physical tools and may end up being a good corner but taking a good player at 3 when an elite (potentially transcendent) player at the same position goes 4 is a tough look.

especially with his limited college experience and injury history...it was a total fail no matter if the kid does become above an average player. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Book Falling For You GIF by Xbox

Sauce Fell  right in JD’s lap! I like JD but not a lot of thought required on that pick.

Far better to have an actual elite player fall into our laps and a GM willing to pull the trigger than to have people argue we got the “best player in the draft”‘for years under Macc when it simply wasn’t close to true.  

• Upvote 3

On 7/8/2023 at 10:03 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Far better to have an actual elite player fall into our laps and a GM willing to pull the trigger than to have people argue we got the “best player in the draft”‘for years under Macc when it simply wasn’t close to true.  

All a team picking after the Macc-era Jets had to do to ensure the player they wanted was available, was leak to the press that they thought another guy was “the best player in the draft.”

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2023 at 12:30 PM, 32EBoozer said:

Book Falling For You GIF by Xbox

Sauce Fell  right in JD’s lap! I like JD but not a lot of thought required on that pick.

And if Zach was a hit we would hear “consensus #2 QB in the draft and we needed a QB, didn’t require any thought.”

We have seen Jets **** up no brainers for years. GM gets credit for the hits and blame for the misses.

• Upvote 1