Randy Johnson, a NFL photographer

13 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

Company logo...still killing birds lolScreenshot_20230706_205819.jpeg

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

That’s awesome needs to be added to his wiki entry. I will so so tomorrow (in airport now)

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2023 at 10:00 AM, Warfish said:

Reminds me of former 80' rock star/90's Balladeer (and famous Canadian) Bryan Adams, who (mostly) gave up the rock star touring life to become a rather accomplished and award winning photographer.

maxresdefault.jpg

Didn't know that!  

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2023 at 9:53 AM, Integrity28 said:

Good stuff. Gotta have legit connects to land that photographer gig.

A kid I went to school with, his dad was a photographer for CBS. He was a nozzle (the kid and the dad). So I guess I concur. That, or he was lucky. 

6 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

We could go thru several centuries of baseball and that bird pitch may never be repeated...

Happens more than you think. From Wikipedia:

“The event was not unique in baseball history, but it became one of Johnson's most-remembered baseball moments.”

Interestingly, Dave Winfield was arrested for animal cruelty for killing a bird throwing a ball in a game (charges dropped). Here an interesting article about birds killed during MLB games:

https://kscequinox.com/2012/09/mlb-players-that-have-killed-a-bird-during-a-game/

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Happens more than you think. From Wikipedia:

“The event was not unique in baseball history, but it became one of Johnson's most-remembered baseball moments.”

Interestingly, Dave Winfield was arrested for animal cruelty for killing a bird throwing a ball in a game (charges dropped). Here an interesting article about birds killed during MLB games:

https://kscequinox.com/2012/09/mlb-players-that-have-killed-a-bird-during-a-game/

Good point.  I guess I was thinking about disintegrating a bird...

• Haha 2