Saints poach Jets……

Larz

All jokes aside the jets have a director of analytics, Brian Shields, a manager of analytics, Jeremiah Whitmore, and Stuart was the coordinator.  

The Jets analytics department must be highly regarded for this yoog jump to happen. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

All jokes aside the jets have a director of analytics, Brian Shields, a manager of analytics, Jeremiah Whitmore, and Stuart was the coordinator.  

The Jets analytics department must be highly regarded for this yoog jump to happen. 

I don't see how they wouldn't be given how incredibly successful the team has been. 

• Haha 2

Joe Douglas:  "So Zach Stewart what does our analytics department think of our Qb situation?"

Zach Stewart:  "Well Joe, James Morgan was trash from day one but our numbers said that before he was drafted.  Zac Wilson was a dreadful pick but our analytics said that as well.  Trading big assets for a 40 year old QB with one foot our of the league coming off his worst year since is rookie year and paying him a cap killing ungodly amount of money is an analytics nightmare to the extreme.  Should I give a run down of our offensive tackle situation sir?"

Joe Douglas:  ..................... "Hello New Orleans?  Yeah we got a guy for ya."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Get rid of all the analytic geeks . Please .

Disagree.  

I am glad they are around.  Analytics isn’t perfect.  But if they hadn’t shown up, we might still be watching 4th and a couple of feet result in punts 95% of the time.  

• Upvote 3
  • Ugh 1

4 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Disagree.  

I am glad they are around.  Analytics isn’t perfect.  But if they hadn’t shown up, we might still be watching 4th and a couple of feet result in punts 95% of the time.  

Mike Maccagnan was firmly against any and all analytics.  

This statement alone should give any anti-analytics guys pause. 

16 hours ago, Larz said:

A Director, a Manager, and a Coordinator....

Sounds like they were just handing out titles one day. Who's the Supervisor, the Commander, and the Chief?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

A Director, a Manager, and a Coordinator....

Sounds like they were just handing out titles one day. Who's the Supervisor, the Commander, and the Chief?

Title inflation is a universal phenomenon — so many managers and directors at my company don’t manage or direct anyone or anything.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Title inflation is a universal phenomenon — so many managers and directors at my company don’t manage or direct anyone or anything.

Funny.  I supervise a bunch, but I am only a "team lead" cause they don't want change the PD and we go along with it because none of us want to get involved in the onerous appraisal process around here.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Funny.  I supervise a bunch, but I am only a "team lead" cause they don't want change the PD and we go along with it because none of us want to get involved in the onerous appraisal process around here.

Being a dotted line supervisor is the best. No expense report approvals, no annual appraisals, no HR admin work.