Dolphins | Team close to deal with Harrington

Smizzy

Dolphins | Team close to deal with Harrington

Sun, 2 Apr 2006 08:39:22 -0700

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports Detroit Lions QB Joey Harrington prefer the Miami Dolphins over the Cincinnati Bengals or Denver Broncos, according to a source close to Harrington. The Dolphins offered Harrington a two-year contract, but the financial terms were unavailable. A trade still needs to be worked out between the Dolphins and Lions, who is looking for a sixth-round draft choice in exchange for Harrington. The Dolphins don't have a fifth- or sixth-round draft choice, but they do own three seventh-round picks and the team could offer a future draft pick.

:Typotux:

Why would he go to the Dolphins? Is he resigned to be being the career backup/journeyman? This tells me he has no desire to be a #1.

I wouldnt say he has no desire to be a #1.. There isn't one team in the league right now that he cant start for so he has no choice but to be a backup..And going to Miami gives him a good chance to start the season as a starter cause Culpepper may not be ready...Either way he would be a backup no matter where he signed.

I wouldnt say he has no desire to be a #1.. There isn't one team in the league right now that he cant start for so he has no choice but to be a backup..And going to Miami gives him a good chance to start the season as a starter cause Culpepper may not be ready...Either way he would be a backup no matter where he signed.

Not that I want him, but he has as good a shot as any to start for the New York football Jets. Who's our starter?

Archived