Transfer of Season Tickets?

Hello, this is a subject I know nothing about, and could use your help. I have been offered an older family member's tickets. They are apparently good seats.

My question is, is this a no-brainer? He has paid the PSL, so I will not ever need to pay a new one, or pay a transfer fee or anything like that, will I?

He says they are $2500 a year. I live on the west coast and will be able to go to one game per year, tops. Assuming I can get even $250 per ticket, I make a profit of $1500. And if the seats are as good as he says, I am positive that may turn into 5,6,700 or a LOT more, from what I see on Stubhub, etc. Does that $2500 a year sound right? Will that increase by much?

I don't mean to look a gifthorse in the mouth, but this relative isn't one to always read the fine print, or know all the rules, so, I  just want to do my homework.

If I can, I'd be happy to sell for fair prices here, without fees, if that's all legal/okay.

Thanks so much for your time and help.

2 hours ago, Dcronin said:
Where did I mention disposable income?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I just meant depending on someone's disposable income that deal sounds great... unless I misread it ? Were you just asking if the face value of ticket price was accurate?

Not everyone can afford it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie

Okay I talked to the Jets ticket office. This is apparently not a great thing for me to take on. I'd be basically getting season tickets for the purpose of making a profit. They said they'd "flag" my account if I did that...and maybe take back the tickets? Can they do that???

I live on the west coast, so I'd only be able to to make one, maybe two games tops. I'd need to sell the rest to cover the cost.

Sounds like they really really don't like that.

• Sympathy 1

Okay I talked to the Jets ticket office. This is apparently not a great thing for me to take on. I'd be basically getting season tickets for the purpose of making a profit. They said they'd "flag" my account if I did that...and maybe take back the tickets? Can they do that???
I live on the west coast, so I'd only be able to to make one, maybe two games tops. I'd need to sell the rest to cover the cost.
Had no idea they could do that

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

On 7/17/2023 at 2:38 PM, ChrebetYourLife said:

It sounds a lot like what my father in law used to do with Rangers tickets.  He used to buy season tickets and sell the regular season and just use the playoff tickets.  But that was probably 20+ years ago, before electronic tickets, when teams had no way of monitoring ticket transfers and sales.

Would seem like the best option would be to find a friend/relative in the NY/NJ area to split the tickets with, where maybe you would only look to sell two or three games a year.

On 7/17/2023 at 3:51 PM, ChrebetYourLife said:

Also --- how would they know how many games I went to, short of checking who is in the seats each game?

You have to transfer tickets that you sell, so they would know.

That said they won't care either way. Just don't talk to them about it anymore lol.

If you buy them this year you will make a profit. The games at the end will be tough to sell like the commanders. But variable pricing has them lower anyhow.

That said, this is the first year in the new stadium that you can sell for a profit. So enjoy it while it lasts.

If they have a home playoff game that ticket would be gold! Good luck.

These are all pretty good level headed responses. Thanks!!

quote post="5811107" timestamp="1689709994" name="Lith" userid="28279"] It sounds a lot like what my father in law used to do with Rangers tickets.  He used to buy season tickets and sell the regular season and just use the playoff tickets.  But that was probably 20+ years ago, before electronic tickets, when teams had no way of monitoring ticket transfers and sales.
Would seem like the best option would be to find a friend/relative in the NY/NJ area to split the tickets with, where maybe you would only look to sell two or three games a year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app