Time to get nervous?

Larz

Ideally JD will resolve the Rodgers contract and sign McDonald and Tippmann today. That would presumably require large salary concessions from CJ and CD. 

5 major contract developments in one day.  

Is he taking the brinksmanship “wait him out and make him sweat” thing too far ?

players from outside the area are probably flying in today and physicals and the conditioning test are tomorrow. 

200.gif?cid=d9212ad949ffdakf1ucb5aluvuod

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Larz said:

Ideally JD will resolve the Rodgers contract and sign McDonald and Tippmann today. That would presumably require large salary concessions from CJ and CD. 

Is he taking the brinksmanship “wait him out and make him sweat” thing too far ?

players from outside the area are probably flying in today and physicals and the conditioning test are tomorrow. 

I guess you aren’t “all in” as a fan with this negativity. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I guess you aren’t “all in” as a fan with this negativity. 

JD would be crazy allowing CJ and Davis to step on the field. I guess a lot of it depends on how their contracts are guaranteed for injury. 

How much is CJ’s play calling/leadership worth? His actual on field contributions are worth $4m.

image.thumb.png.8921fdf0aa5cb9e3378dcdeb5aa4458a.png

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

hard to imagine the rookies won't be signed in the next couple of days. There isn't much to negotiate in the contracts anymore.

Offsets !  This team just can’t get the top pick in on time 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Corey Davis still being at 9+ M as a WR 3/4/5 is perhaps the most ridiculous thing to date in the Jets' offseason.

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He is wr2

Perhaps, but if so, than Lazard is WR3 at $11M so the point still holds.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

JD is on the knife edge of either pulling off a miraculous job of fitting a superstar QB into the cap without cutting anyone or having it blow up in his face and it become a cautionary tale of not biting off more than you can chew. 

I don’t understand how bonuses figure into the cap but the “cap room” situation is this. 

current cap room = 25 million 

teams like having at least 8 million in space during the year to sign street free agents to back fill for injuries. It would be nice to move at least 45 million of Rodgers 100 million cap number in’24 to ‘23. 

45+8-25= 28 million.  How is he going to clear 28 million today?   

any cap experts now and bonus /option year/backend/spread it out magic ?

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

JD is on the knife edge of either pulling off a miraculous job of fitting a superstar QB into the cap without cutting anyone or having it blow up in his face and it become a cautionary tale of not biting off more than you can chew. 

I don’t understand how bonuses figure into the cap but the “cap room” situation is this. 

teams like having at least 8 million in space during the year to sign street free agents to back fill for injuries. It would be nice to move at least 45 million of Rodgers 100 million cap number in’24 to ‘23. 

Highly doubt he's trying to have Rodgers cap hit in that 45mill range. More likely around 30

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Not gonna worry about it till someone misses actual time.

Everyone likes a good sausage, but few people like seeing it get made.

So just wait till the sausage is made and then enjoy it.

Great analogy.  I will steal that one for when the time comes. 

My favorite and I don't want to visit the packing plant.
85527100883-001?$Mi9Product_detail$

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Corey Davis still being at 9+ M as a WR 3/4/5 is perhaps the most ridiculous thing to date in the Jets' offseason.

We were having this discussion the other day: If Corey Davis plays all 17 games, who has better stats, Davis or Lazard?

The issue is, Davis' health is the big questionmark. I think from a talent perspective, he's worth the pay this year, especially if there is any significant injury to Wilson or Lazard

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Wolf Of Wall Street Reaction GIF by Jordan Belfortanthony bourdain drinking GIF by Ovation TV

Nothing to worry about. Partake in the drug of your choice and mellow out.

Breathe Chill Out GIF by CSDRMSBreathe Mental Health GIF by Pudgy Penguins

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Larz said:

Then it’s 70 next year 

Disgusted Steve Carell GIF

I thought it's been pretty documented that we likely will have to pay him dead money after 2 years. So let's say we give him 35 this year and 40 next year. Then have 2 year of dead money or 12.5mill each year.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Biggest variable is whether or not Rodgers will sign for more than two years, and what that might cost. But they’ll give him a hefty bonus with a small salary this year, and tack on a couple void years to spread it out at least for the life of the contract. There’s really not a lot to it. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Larz said:

McDonald should already have been signed because he was drafted a round too high.