RB's only have them selves to blame for cheap contracts - Greed and stupidity

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Or 

You can concede the point 

again 

Why do you keep doing this?  We’re having a discussion and you just bow out with a lame “I’m right just say it” post.

You’re pretty bad at message boarding.  

Nick Chubb was drafted the same year as Barkley and is also very good.  

He renegotiated early. He’s signed through 2024 with the potential to make 46 million as the 35th pick.  He’s not complaining.  

Barkley is scheduled to make 48 million through 2023.

He probably didn’t get the chance to renegotiate because he was…….hurt. He’s making the same money as Chubb in 5 years that Chubb will need 6 years to earn because of draft position.  I don’t see Barkley complaining about draft slot lol. 

MJD ranked Chubb 5th and Barkley 6th going into this year. 

Looks to me like Barkleys problem is the Giants didn’t want to extend a RB coming off of a major knee injury. 

it sucks but it is what it is 

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why do you keep doing this?  We’re having a discussion and you just bow out with a lame “I’m right just say it” post.

You’re pretty bad at message boarding.  

It’s not complicated and you’re wrong 🤷‍♂️

38 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Especially since teams can use it TWICE.

It’s not often that they do but they certainly can use it as leverage.  

If you must, must, must hang onto a guy, extend him early. Let him get close to contract expiry, you risk that he wants to test the market. Franchise tag sucks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 8:46 PM, Bugg said:

Simply I disagree. As the country has homogenized, there really aren't any big markets any more. Players go to the teams that will practically pay the most, which also means considering state and local taxes. A steakhouse in NYC or LA or Nashville or Vegas or Tampa or Wisconsin is the same thing.  In fact, when players consider among and between state and local tax rates, that matters way more than market size when picking a team. Just happened with Hopkins picking Titans over Pats.'

If there wasn't a cap, TV revenue would still be shared. So if one idiot owner wants to overpay players, why should anyone care. 

There is pretty much zero evidence the cap makes anyone equally competitive. Well-run teams seem to be in the playoffs most seasons, badly ones still suck. 

Would much prefer to never read another single story about salaries or holdouts or caps. 

@Maxman Both state and local taxes mentioned

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

@Maxman Both state and local taxes mentioned

Thanks. Make sure to also tag me if people post articles from the drudge report and start threads calling out red and blue states.

Also, you don't have to tag me in every post. Or PM me.

You've been a great poster here for a long time. My thing is, I think you should just let this go.

Let's talk Jets and enjoy the season. The politics thing gets dicey and the line definitely isn't straight. We do the best that we can.

Thanks for understanding.

• Upvote 1