Looks like the Jets will have throwbacks this year (80s uniform)

The Jets current uniforms are basically the 80’s uniforms, except they have better hats now. The logo is similarly boring. Are we really that nostalgic for two stripes on the shoulder? 

These are where it’s at…

image.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 2
  • Ugh 11

24 minutes ago, slats said:

The Jets current uniforms are basically the 80’s uniforms, except they have better hats now. The logo is similarly boring. Are we really that nostalgic for two stripes on the shoulder? 

These are where it’s at…

image.jpeg

Exactly. The current unis are just a half-assed version of the 80s unis. The real throwback at this point is the Namath era look.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, slats said:

These are where it’s at…

image.jpeg

Agree that the current uniforms are basically a modernized version of the 80s uniform.

Disagree (big time) on the Titans of New York look. Those are terrible.

The throwbacks should be the Namath era uniform.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Main Uniform should be Namath Era.

Throwbacks should be peak 80's Era.

Dump the Titans, dump the "modernized 80's" trash we wear now.

I agree. However I believe (and correct me if I am wrong on this) the Jets have to stick with the current uniforms for a few years before they can change them again.  If that is true, then use the Namath era uniform as the throwback.

45 minutes ago, slats said:

These are where it’s at…

image.jpeg

With all due respect, I don't think there is a uniform I've hated more than this one.

• Upvote 3