Jets Season & Mental Toughness.

I was just watching Rich Eisen get giddy for the Jets season and saw your schedule for the first time. Honestly kind of brutal. 

You could very easily go into your Bye week with a good team and a losing record. Then you could drop a few more after that Bye, while winning the ones you definitely should win (which doesn’t always happen) Looking at that schedule, I’m just going to guarantee you’re in for some heart breaking losses.

Jets are a national spotlight team this year and they’re interesting for sure, even more so because the Pats are going to be 🐕 💩. I’m interested because I’d rather see you win than the Chiefs. I’d rather see Cinci win than you. I’d probably want to see you win more than the Bills just because LolBillsfans.

I’m going to say if you do make even a deep play off run it’s going to be because the team managed to hold it together. This is sort of a really intriguing facet now just because I know the history of the Jets since we soul-sliced the **** out of you “Thanksgiving night, 2012” — HBK voice.

The 2014 Brady/Revis Pats went through a gauntlet of great teams and great quarterbacks that gave them some losses but prepared them for Wilson and the Legion of Boom.

People forget the Giants were in a dog fight division the year they ended the Patriots Undefeated Season. Went into the playoffs battle-hardened AF. 

Plenty of examples of this, I’m sure.

You’re going to have a good team this year, and you’re also going to lose games. Possibly a lot more than you think, without necessarily losing the Division. Will be interesting to see, if that happens, if you just crumble and melt away or if you hold it together and come out the back end ready to rumble in the post season like gauntlet-schedule teams of the past.

Lions might have made some noise last year if they got their act together one game earlier.

Major leadership test for Rodgers to keep the team convinced if you end up in a hole, especially if it’s an ugly-partially-quarterback related one. 

Tom’s first few games with the Bucs definitely weren’t his best. You have a training camp, though.

Also, I’ll never respect Josh Allen as the solidified new King of the AFC East if he just lets a 40 year old Rodgers just roll in from the NFC and take his division like a *****, which I think is probably exactly what’s going to happen.

Anyway, bored, obviously.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

We are the dragon, stud Aaron says so…Bellechick is as relevant as a wet fart…. 
Miami Lol Phins everybody’s darling until the season begins…

Bills will be tough, paper tigers when it counts

Jets 14-3

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Another person having to put their 2 cents in on why the jets will suck... 

God, you would think that after 50 years of misery you would have people cheering for the team... But no another hot take of why you think they will lose... 

Way to go out on a limb... And make it about you

You can’t look at that schedule and tell me you’re going undefeated, or it’s not a sink or swim year for you.

First six games are rough. Pats are the easiest likely but even they’ll be able to scheme against you defensively. 

After your Bye you have Herbert or Herbert’s Chargers and you know he’s sick of looking from the outside in. 

You guys got games this year. Don’t see a lot of obvious W’s and I’m saying you’re going to be good.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, WickedAwesome said:

You can’t look at that schedule and tell me you’re going undefeated, or it’s not a sink or swim year for you.

First six games are rough. Pats are the easiest likely but even they’ll be able to scheme against you defensively. 

After your Bye you have Herbert or Herbert’s Chargers and you know he’s sick of looking from the outside in. 

You guys got games this year. Don’t see a lot of obvious W’s and I’m saying you’re going to be good.

Jets have a top 5 team with Aaron Rodgers period stop... They have the ability to win or lose any game... There is no dominant team in the AFC... So they will go as far as Aaron can lead them... 

Your patsy are going for top ten draft pick status... Good luck with Statue Mac Jones... And no CBs outside the 3rd best rookie cb in the draft. 

1 minute ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Jets have a top 5 team with Aaron Rodgers period stop... They have the ability to win or lose any game... There is no dominant team in the AFC... So they will go as far as Aaron can lead them... 

Your patsy are going for top ten draft pick status... Good luck with Statue Mac Jones... Or no CBs outside the 3rd best rookie cb in the draft. 

Oh, believe me, I know all about where the Patriots are going. I’ll be watching every week with popcorn as Mac Jones gets chased around the field making internet-forever girly-faces and I turn to my friend six times a game and say, “well he’s no Tom.”

I’m actually rooting for the Jets in some weird capacity this year. Rooting is a strong word, but we’ve been through a lot these last 30 years.

Only team I believe is legitimately contending (forgetting the Raiders and the Jaguars etc etc etc) in the AFC, that i’d rather see win, off the top of my head, is Cinci, because I like Burrow and want to see him catch Mahomes.

Anyway, say what you want, area of concern is totally legit. Teams like the one you have this season, with a potentially dog-fight schedule from nearly end to end, sinks teams mentally or makes them hard AF for the post season.

37 minutes ago, WickedAwesome said:

I was just watching Rich Eisen get giddy for the Jets season and saw your schedule for the first time. Honestly kind of brutal. 

You could very easily go into your Bye week with a good team and a losing record. Then you could drop a few more after that Bye, while winning the ones you definitely should win (which doesn’t always happen) Looking at that schedule, I’m just going to guarantee you’re in for some heart breaking losses.

Jets are a national spotlight team this year and they’re interesting for sure, even more so because the Pats are going to be 🐕 💩. I’m interested because I’d rather see you win than the Chiefs. I’d rather see Cinci win than you. I’d probably want to see you win more than the Bills just because LolBillsfans.

I’m going to say if you do make even a deep play off run it’s going to be because the team managed to hold it together. This is sort of a really intriguing facet now just because I know the history of the Jets since we soul-sliced the **** out of you “Thanksgiving night, 2012” — HBK voice.

The 2014 Brady/Revis Pats went through a gauntlet of great teams and great quarterbacks that gave them some losses but prepared them for Wilson and the Legion of Boom.

People forget the Giants were in a dog fight division the year they ended the Patriots Undefeated Season. Went into the playoffs battle-hardened AF. 

You’re going to have a good team this year, and you’re also going to lose games. Possibly a lot more than you think, without necessarily losing the Division. Will be interesting to see, if that happens, if you just crumble and melt away or if you hold it together and come out the back end ready to rumble in the post season like gauntlet-schedule teams of the past.

Lions might have made some noise last year if they got their act together one game earlier.

Major leadership test for Rodgers to keep the team convinced if you end up in a hole, especially if it’s an ugly-partially-quarterback related one. 

Tom’s first few games with the Bucs definitely weren’t his best. You have a training camp, though.

Also, I’ll never respect Josh Allen as the solidified new King of the AFC East if he just lets a 40 year old Rodgers just roll in from the NFC and take his division like a *****, which I think is probably exactly what’s going to happen.

Which schedule did you see when you looked up the teams the Pats play? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Which schedule did you see when you looked up the teams the Pats play? 

I’m expecting an absolute train wreck, complete with Belichick facing a 2025 chopping block season, Mac Jones getting booed out of the building, and racing Miami’s annual second-half-of-the-season collapse to the bottom of the AFC East.

I might be wrong.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, WickedAwesome said:

I’m expecting an absolute train wreck, complete with Belichick facing a 2025 chopping block season, Mac Jones getting booed out of the building, and racing Miami’s annual second-half-of-the-season collapse to the bottom of the AFC East.

I might be wrong.

So with all playing the same schedule why will it be a]hard for the Jets to win more games than others?  
Because that doesn’t make sense

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So with all playing the same schedule why will it be a]hard for the Jets to win more games than others?  
Because that doesn’t make sense

Because I have zero delusions about the Patriots doing anything this year. Believe it or not, we’re borderline irrelevant. In fact, our irrelevance is the biggest story we have going in the league right now. YouTube “Belichick in the Hot Seat.” It’s basically our only story. They’ll be okay, but they’re going to struggle against the West much more than you will in all likelihood. 

We’re not contending. You signed Rodgers. Huge difference. Welcome to being nationally-discussed for a possible championship instead of only being discussed in your internal bubble of who should be fired immediately and who you should draft at #4.

• Haha 1

Basically I know even with a major improvement at Offensive Coordinator, the Pats are not putting up the points to contend with AFC West teams and I expect us to lose a lot of division games so maybe we’ll beat the Commanders and get a Derpy Dak Prescot game.

The Jets are theoretical Super Bowl contenders because you have a solid team around an offense that can score points with the Chiefs.

Even the Broncos should be much better offensively this year with Sean Peyton. 

Patriots are out and looking for a new quarterback next year.

Basically I know even with a major improvement at Offensive Coordinator, the Pats are not putting up the points to contend with AFC West teams and I expect us to lose a lot of division games so maybe we’ll beat the Commanders and get a Derpy Dak Prescot game.
The Jets are theoretical Super Bowl contenders because you have a solid team around an offense that can score points with the Chiefs.

Is this some sort of reverse jinx thing ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, WickedAwesome said:

Because I have zero delusions about the Patriots doing anything this year. Believe it or not, we’re borderline irrelevant. In fact, our irrelevance is the biggest story we have going in the league right now. YouTube “Belichick in the Hot Seat.” It’s basically our only story. They’ll be okay, but they’re going to struggle against the West much more than you will in all likelihood. 

We’re not contending. You signed Rodgers. Huge difference. Welcome to being nationally-discussed for a possible championship instead of only being discussed in your internal bubble of who should be fired immediately and who you should draft at #4.

I feel so bad for the Pats and their fanbase.  
After owning the AFC for 20 years they’ve become insignificant and now are turning on Belichick.

Sounds like Boston fans

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, WickedAwesome said:

Patriots sucking in a year when Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are coming out just seems like it was scripted.  The tanking in December is gonna be flat-out stupid this year.

2 hours ago, WickedAwesome said:

image.gif.05810a9f9a43bb55a6ba402ff07a441e.gif

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, WickedAwesome said:

Good and fair post.

• Upvote 1

My prediction is a 13-4 season.

And easily can see 2-3 of those 4 losses in the 1st 6 weeks (before our bye). So I think the media and us fans might start thinking we aren’t as good as we think. And then go on a roll with a lot of our easier games in those remaining 11 games. Going into the postseason HOT!!!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, WickedAwesome said:

I’m not worried about the schedule. Everyone in the division plays a very similar one. We get Philly and KC at home, Buffalo has to travel to those games. Miami plays KC in Europe, while the Jets are the only team in the division not taking a trip there this season. 

The first six weeks are pretty brutal, because the league doesn’t know if the Jets are for real or not, either, so they want all the marquee matchups early while there’s still interest. After those six, though, the rest of the schedule is fairly smooth sailing. Could be in for a rough start followed by a momentum building 11 games heading into the playoffs. 

First month of the season is usually very unpredictable as well, with new players, systems, coaches, etc., all figuring it out. Jets will be learning a new offense that their QB, at least, knows very well and the defense will be in its third year in the same system ready to play. I’m ready to go. 

• Upvote 3

Another person who’s focused on schedule.  Sure it can look daunting but only a few teams have shown to be good year in and year out.  If the jets split those early games and are 500 in the first quarter they will be in great shape.  And the first four games are kind of strange as teams are still learning each other.  Rodgers came from the nfc so, even though he’s been around, not many AFC teams have had to deal with his play. They may not be as prepared as they think.

The bottom line is the jets need to prepare and play each game for the full sixty minutes. They have some talent but they better not be stuck on their news paper clippings after a few wins.

12 hours ago, WickedAwesome said:

we have a TOUGH schedule - but so does the rest of the AFC East.