JJ got big shout out from QW

7 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Kid is going to have a break out year! Limited snaps last year and balled out. This year according to me he bigger, stronger, faster and smarter. Going to be great when he works out and balls this year with pressure and sacks. 

I put the over under at 8

Ill take the under but yes, i expect him to be significantly better then last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Kid is going to have a break out year! Limited snaps last year and balled out. This year according to me he bigger, stronger, faster and smarter. Going to be great when he works out and balls this year with pressure and sacks. 

Link?

• Haha 2

I hope so.   Nice speed rush.  Great motor and he really knows how to hold and edge in the run game.  
Doesn't look bendy but he’s a guy who could developed very nicely.  With his age at draft I hope we see the jump this year.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Hal said:

I hope so.   Nice speed rush.  Great motor and he really knows how to hold and edge in the run game.  
Doesn't look bendy but he’s a guy who could developed very nicely.  With his age at draft I hope we see the jump this year.  

For me he's a somewhat more athletic Bryan Thomas. 

8 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

Him and Clemons both should benefit with more playing time. With a year now under their belts..Looking for solid,steady good/ could be great pieces to this D.Team!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I expect to see Clemons mostly on the inside this year.  I suspect that's why he put on that extra weight.  

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I will put the over under at 6.   I think the team will have at least 60 for the year.  Last year, the Jets were #7 in the NFL with 45 sacks.  This year, Q with 14 sacks, Carl Lawson with 10 sacks, JJ with 6 sacks, Bryce Huff with 4 sacks, McDonald with 4 sacks, JFM with 3 sacks, Clemons with 4 sacks, Quinton Jefferson, Al Woods and Solomon Thomas with a combined 7 sacks, and a combined 8 from the linebacking group and defensive backfield.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I would love to see him break out.  But honestly, from where are the extra reps going to come?

From who is he going to take reps?  Add McDonald into the mix, Huff is too effective in his limited role, Saleh loves Lawson...

Maybe if you move JFM inside more?

Yeah I hope camp sheds some light on this cause hard to think Lawson is coming off more. But that makes the most sense. Who knows. But he needs more snaps

1 hour ago, Alka said:

I will put the over under at 6.   I think the team will have at least 60 for the year.  Last year, the Jets were #7 in the NFL with 45 sacks.  This year, Q with 14 sacks, Carl Lawson with 10 sacks, JJ with 6 sacks, Bryce Huff with 4 sacks, McDonald with 4 sacks, JFM with 3 sacks, Clemons with 4 sacks, Quinton Jefferson, Al Woods and Solomon Thomas with a combined 7 sacks, and a combined 8 from the linebacking group and defensive backfield.

I would love to see 60 sure, but 6 on JJ seems fair but I think he is line to really show up this year, I was think more like 8 so I'll take the over

4 hours ago, Alka said:

Birdman Rubbing Hands GIF

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I would love to see 60 sure, but 6 on JJ seems fair but I think he is line to really show up this year, I was think more like 8 so I'll take the over

While I love your optimism, let's not forget the rotation of the defensive line.  I mean, you gotta play JJ, Huff, Clemons, McDonald, Lawson.  That's 5 edge rushers for 2 spots.  If JJ plays even 1/2 of all the snaps, 8 would be a huge number for him.  And what about JFM?  Will he be moved inside only as a tackle, or will he get snaps on the edge also?

I hope it happens, but I just gotta be conservative and stick with my 6 sacks.

46 minutes ago, Alka said:

While I love your optimism, let's not forget the rotation of the defensive line.  I mean, you gotta play JJ, Huff, Clemons, McDonald, Lawson.  That's 5 edge rushers for 2 spots.  If JJ plays even 1/2 of all the snaps, 8 would be a huge number for him.  And what about JFM?  Will he be moved inside only as a tackle, or will he get snaps on the edge also?

I hope it happens, but I just gotta be conservative and stick with my 6 sacks.

for sure. I alwasy thought JFM shoudl only play inside but yeah Im really curious how the snaps go. But I hope JJ gets his shot. 

• Upvote 1

With JJ’s ability to play the run, he should see a lot of first down play. So he will get his plays. 
Jets do a lot of DL rotation. Total sacks will be a misleading stat. More important is which 3rd downs he gets to play. 
I think he’s going to step up. 

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don’t think he has the explosiveness or bend to be a great edge rusher.

He’ll he a solid player but I’d be surprised if he ever worked out as a first round pick.

I agree. Think maybe he ends up Bryan Thomas ish. Good straight line speed, nice motor, solid football player overall, can be a contributor for a while, not an elite pass rusher. Think that’s part of why someone with McDonald’s traits was still a priority.

Would love to be wrong.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jethead said:

Eager to see Jermaine in year 2.

Q is really growing up. So pleased he is locked up for long term.

QW and Sauce need to be the anchors of the D.  Guys who could and should be here together for 5-10 years.  Just need ONE of Jermaine Johnson or Will McDonald to emerge as a legit stud DE and this team's floor should be Top 12 Defense every year for years to come.

And if BOTH JJ and McDonald turn out to be good then lookout.

• Upvote 2