Jordan Addision cited for driving 85mph over the speed limit in St. Paul

34 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Don’t those things have govanors that kick in around that speed?

Probably all the kept him for going faster and all the kept him alive.  

Mfr estimated top speed: 190mph.

4 hours ago, Ron Rico said:
The fastest I ever got a car I was driving a Chrsyler Sebring on RT 70 somewhere between Dayton and Columbus Ohio. I hit 130 and took my foot off the gas pedal before I got silly, like Frodo with the Ring.

At 115 I chickened out and throttled down my 335i in the Arizona desert.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie

At 22 I flew to San Diego for some bullsh*t cause I volunteered for the excuse to be there. Ran into a college friend, had beers with his pals. The next day I hopped into the extended cab F250 they were driving to Anchorage.  The road eventually turns into the Alcan (Alaska Canadian highway).  No cars, no people, for hundreds of miles. We went whatever the governor allowed. 

Every 50 miles we had to pullover and squeegee the Jurassic insect paste from the window.

Naturally, I was reading Kerouac at the time.

Anyway, it wasn’t that fast but it’s the fastest I’ve been. 

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Holy crap ... What was it like knowing that if you hit a puddle or pebble you would be gone ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Its certainly not for the feint of heart.

Honestly a pebble or minor puddle wont do much to the bike at that speed and the road choice is important.

The tricky part is positioning your body. You have to lay down with your chest close to the tank, head between the handlebar grips and feet up on the rear turn signal bars while making sure to keep head position steady because the 130 mph flow of air can grab the helmet and pull your head up if you dont keep the correct angle. 

This was some years back. I still ride but keep it under 80 now.

• Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Cousins will straighten him out.  Hes a leader.

Just not a winner. 

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jets fans will bash addison all day for a speeding ticket yet pine for Dalvin cook who has twice beaten woman and maltreated puppies.

Just unreal.

Feels like two very different things to me. But go ahead and take another opportunity to knock Jet fans on a Jet message board like your some source of enlightenment.  Instead  of the contradictory clown we all come to kind of  love sorta sometimes maybe but not really. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, rbstern said:

Hmmm when I was 25 I got pulled over on 81 just south of Syracuse doing 140 as well.  Only at 8pm.  Had just bought a new car and was in a hurry to try the wings at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo.  I think this is something every young man does after buying a new car or trying his best friends Porsche.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

Hmmm when I was 25 I got pulled over on 81 just south of Syracuse doing 140 as well.  Only at 8pm.  Had just bought a new car and was in a hurry to try the wings at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo.  I think this is something every young man dipsh*t does after buying a new car or trying his best friends Porsche.

Fixed

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Dumb and poor decision , but nobody was hurt and the end of the day these  guy are  rich but still very very young. Nobody got hurt and that’s what’s important. 

Well yeah but we can be reasonably sure he's going to pull sh*t like this again, increasing the likelihood that someone WILL get hurt. 

• Upvote 1

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that basically everyone who buys a $350,000 Lambo or any other supercar is going to take it out and see what it can do.

If you dont you wasted your money.

I have a relative who owns a $1M Ford GT40 and at 140MPH it is just getting started.

He knows where and when to do this.

I dont know the specifics of this case but there are ways to do it where the only person at risk is the driver.

• Upvote 1

Practically speaking, there is nothing people do in their everyday lives that is more dangerous than driving too fast.

Automotive accidents are, by far, the leading cause of death for people in the US under the age of 55. And most of them are attributed to speeding and human error.

• Upvote 3