Rodgers: “Jets gave up a lot, to play just one year would be a disservice”

3 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

He said 2 years ago that he wanted to play for another 4-5 years.  I think the recent outcome and environment in GB just really got to him.

I like that he said "I think I can play a number of years".   He didn't limit it to "this year and maybe next year".  That quote makes it seem like it's possible that he'll be around for more than 2 years.

29 minutes ago, Larz said:

@FidelioJet please remind me how having a season that starts with hard knocks, klecko and revis and the HOF game, 6 prime time games, the first fever Black Friday game, ends with a Lombardi trophy and that’s a bad thing? 

1. Hard Knocks - Massive distraction
  2. Klecko - Awesome!
  3. Revis - Not a Jet - Pat fans should be celebrating his induction
  4. HOF game - far too early for a team with a new offense and OC.  
  5. 6 Prime time games - Night games suck.  Sunday afternoon is the time to watch Football
  6. Black Friday game - see above
  7. Lombardi Trophy - This team is likely to fall short of a major Lombardi run due to JD lacking the willingness to do what's necessary to get the Jets over the hump and capable of beating beating the likes of the Chiefs and Bengals.

1 out 7 ain't bad!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 6
  • WTF? 2
  • Ugh 2
  • More Ugh 1

2. Klecko - Awesome!
  5. 6 Prime time games - Night games suck.  Sunday afternoon is the time to watch Football
  7. Lombardi Trophy - This team is likely to fall short of a major Lombardi run due to JD lacking the willingness to do what's necessary to get the Jets over the hump and capable of beating beating the likes of the Chiefs and Bengals.
1 out 7 ain't bad!
Dude .. tell me you have not imbibed a potion turning you into a Troll or something .. doesn't sound like the Fidelio I used to know.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

He said 2 years ago that he wanted to play for another 4-5 years.  I think the recent outcome and environment in GB just really got to him.

I’d guess that as long as the game is still fun for him, he’ll continue to play. And winning has a lot to do with how much fun you’re having. He does seem reinvigorated on the Jets, surrounded by a lot of young and hungry players who are looking to him to make it happen. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Dude .. tell me you have not imbibed a potion turning you into a Troll or something .. doesn't sound like the Fidelio I used to know.

I thought that's what we do here - turn every thread, regardless of the topic -  into a hate thread about one specific thing over and over again.

Seriously though, I was asked a question to explain why those things are bad - I was just trying to help him out with an answer. 

Other than just trying to help out @Larz ...I'm full on positive vibes only now that camp has started.

55 minutes ago, Larz said:

So if he wins the superbowl, he rides off into the mushroom fields, if not he comes back to try again 

Michael Jordan Agree GIF

If it happens and he does - EVERYONE should be ecstatic! Thank him and wish him well in his retirement

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:
  2. Klecko - Awesome!

1 out 7 ain't bad!

What’s the difference btwn Hard Knocks and 1JD? Both camera crews following around the players. Pretty sure they’re used to it by now, don’t think it’s a “massive distraction” at all lol

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

39 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:
  2. Klecko - Awesome!

1 out 7 ain't bad!

donald-trump-wrong.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:
  2. Klecko - Awesome!

1 out 7 ain't bad!

I also can't stand when the Jets play night games.  And that's aside from the fact that we usually get embarrassed when we play them.  

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:
  2. Klecko - Awesome!

1 out 7 ain't bad!

Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

You left out “all in”. The best trolls stay on brand 

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Make Fidelio Great Again!!!!

Or, perhaps more accurately, Make Fidelio Great! 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Of course he'd have to consider walking out on top but I think at the end of the day he'd have a hard time walking away from an opportunity to do it again if he felt the team was built for a repeat. I mean c'mon - talk about legacy.

True, but look at what happened with Tom Brady. I mean, I guess Todd Bowels had a lot to do with that, but I doubt he wants to go out on a low note.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Reading into Aaron’s words, I am hoping and praying that it’s a shorter deal, rather than a longer one.  

Furthermore, I never thought I’d see the day my favorite QB would be playing for my favorite team and talking about how much he loves it here, to the point that he feels like we extended his career.

It is still all very surreal. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

What’s the difference btwn Hard Knocks and 1JD? Both camera crews following around the players. Pretty sure they’re used to it by now, don’t think it’s a “massive distraction” at all lol

Oh. I agree.  I was just being devils advocate - as I thought that’s what he was asking.  These are professional athletes and been on the spotlight their entire lives. They’ll be fine. 

36 minutes ago, Hex said:

True, but look at what happened with Tom Brady. I mean, I guess Todd Bowels had a lot to do with that, but I doubt he wants to go out on a low note.

Ariens retiring was a massive blow to that team. It just proved that Bowles is not a good HC.