3 year anniversary of franchise altering trade

6 minutes ago, Alka said:

Will Jamal Adams be playing this season?  This is the year that the Seahawks gets the last laugh on the Jets!!!  Wrong!  haha

If Adams misses Week 1 due to his current recovery from a torn quad, he'll have officially missed more games (26) than he's played in (25) in Seattle.  

Same would be true at the end of the season too if he ends up missing 9+ games.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Who the fukk drafts a safety when good QB's are available and your playing journeymen like Fitz???

FU McCagnon.

That is very true. I guess it's more that we're lucky JD managed to actually do something with the trash the Jets had

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, slats said:

But I’m really excited about this season! 

I am, but it's just ridiculous to point to that Seattle idiotic trade as proof as to why the Jets, bidding against no one, gave up so much.

I could be happy the player is here and excited for him to play - but at the same time look at what they gave up as entirely unnecessary

• Thumb Down 2
  • More Ugh 2

I mean as bad of a pick as Adams was(considering the holes on the team at the time - mainly at QB and especially with Mahomes being on the board), at least we were able to cash in on him the way we did.  Even if we drafted Mahomes, what kind of situation would he have walked into here?  No weapons, no OL, a "bleh" defense with not much to be excited about other than a young Leonard Williams, Marcus Maye, and a soon-to-be gone Demario Davis.  Maybe we take an OT or WR in 2018 but that 1st round doesn't look too stacked in those areas.  I think Mahomes would have really struggled here.  I'm sure over time he would have figured it out once we put some talent around him, but who knows if the Jets would have even waited that long(Darnold got 3 years; Wilson got about 1.5 years).

The mistake I look back on and wonder "what if" is winning those 2 late games in 2020/21.  As exciting as it is to have Rodgers here, I'd take a young emerging franchise QB without question.  Lawrence, G Wilson, Breece, AVT, Tippmann, Quinnen, Sauce, JJ, McDonald.  Not a bad core right there.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Adams misses Week 1 due to his current recovery from a torn quad, he'll have officially missed more games (26) than he's played in (25) in Seattle.  

Same would be true at the end of the season too if he ends up missing 9+ games.

That is significant, but equally significant is that he hasn't been a great player for them, even when he's in the game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bonkertons said:

I mean as bad of a pick as Adams was(considering the holes on the team at the time - mainly at QB and especially with Mahomes being on the board), at least we were able to cash in on him the way we did.  Even if we drafted Mahomes, what kind of situation would he have walked into here?  No weapons, no OL, a "bleh" defense with not much to be excited about other than a young Leonard Williams, Marcus Maye, and a soon-to-be gone Demario Davis.  Maybe we take an OT or WR in 2018 but that 1st round doesn't look too stacked in those areas.  I think Mahomes would have really struggled here.  I'm sure over time he would have figured it out once we put some talent around him, but who knows if the Jets would have even waited that long(Darnold got 3 years; Wilson got about 1.5 years).

The mistake I look back on and wonder "what if" is winning those 2 late games in 2020/21.  As exciting as it is to have Rodgers here, I'd take a young emerging franchise QB without question.  Lawrence, G Wilson, Breece, AVT, Tippmann, Quinnen, Sauce, JJ, McDonald.  Not a bad core right there.  

Okay, that’s a fair point but consider if Mac did pick a qb like Mahomes instead adams. It would mean he did recognize where the real holes were and would’ve done better at getting players to match the qb. But Mac was too focused on drafting defensive tackles and players that could be found in latter rounds.

Screenshot_20230725_130842_Google.thumb.jpg.f8812ccfff27e96ec6bcfe32587024c7.jpg

Best-Case Scenario: Showing no ill effects from his latest injury, Adams doesn't open camp on the PUP list and rounds back into form to start Seattle's season opener, allowing defensive coordinator Clint Hurtt to unleash the defensive weapon to a tune of 78 tackles, 7.5 sacks, and three interceptions, earning him his fourth All-Pro selection as a catalyst for one of the NFL's most improve defenses.

Worst-Case Scenario: Reporting to camp still in the midst of his rehab, Adams opens the season on the PUP list and misses Seattle's first five games before finally being activated and struggles to find his groove upon his return to the lineup, leading to diminished snaps in favor of Julian Love and creating serious questions about his future with the franchise.

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Coming off his worst year and about to turn 40.

One dumb move doesn't make another move smart.

And whose worst year, with very little offensive talent, would be better than any starting Jet QB in the past 10 years.  So there is that. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

And whose worst year, with very little offensive talent, would be better than any starting Jet QB in the past 10 years.  So there is that. 

The Jets having an awful history of QB play doesn’t make bidding against themselves, to the tune of 1st, 2nd 1st swap and more, a good move.  

49 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The Jets having an awful history of QB play doesn’t make bidding against themselves, to the tune of 1st, 2nd 1st swap and more, a good move. 

It will if we win a Super Bowl.  And we were not getting Aaron Rodgers for anything less than what we got him for.  The idea that some were tossing around (I saw as low as a single 3rd rounder) was ludicrous.  If you want a 4-time MVP, Super Bowl-winning, 1st-ballot HOF QB on your roster, even at this late of stage in life, when they still have stuff in the tank....you are going to pay.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Who the fukk drafts a safety when good QB's are available and your playing journeymen like Fitz???

FU McCagnon.

It only added more to it that Fitz wasn't even re-signed yet. It was just Geno, Petty, and Hackenberg rostered at the time iirc. They wouldn't even re-sign Fitzpatrick for about another 3 months after the draft.

It was a perfect lock & key scenario whether they eventually re-signed Fitz or not to start the '17 season out of the gate. 

A safety. A ****ing box safety. And with Chicago taking the only bust off the table, at least from an on-field standpoint he couldn't have missed. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

it's such a low bar

these "True but irrelevant" stats like "2 out of the last 3 MVP" or "Best Jets QB in 40 years" make us feel good in July but have nothing to do with what happens in September - and just wait until the mock drafts start and the Jets aren't in rd 1. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Nice. Threats of violence is always a good look. 
Combined with a personal attack and sexism. 
Championship post. 

I mean most here would have pointed out we don't have ovaries and moved on. Assuming you don't. ( pssssst the ovary punch threat was a movie reference)

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Following this franchise altering trade 

The Jets and seahawks have played 2x straight up

The first one was a 40-3 spanking and 33 had a sack, 7 tackles and 100 percent of the defensive snaps 

The second one was jan a 23-6 heartbreak where the Jets coaches trotted out Mike white with broken ribs at qb 

So many people are gloating over what? A seahawks franchise that owns our asses? 

• Haha 1