Prediction: AVT will eventually be the Jets LT...

The Jets are pretty much set at the other premium positions...

Franchise QB, lock down CB, elite WR, disruptive DT/DE...

Big question mark at critical LT position...

Mekhi "Blue Moon" Becton will prove to be JD's second biggest fail...

Duane Brown is old and gets dinged up...

Rodgers needs a dependable LT or he won't survive...

The Jets will have no choice but to move AVT to LT...

And AVT is talented enough to be successful at it...

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jbt said:

could come to that.  left to right: AVT Tomlinson Tippman McGovern Becton (or Mitchell)

Week 1 starters 

LT Brown, RT Mitchell, C McGovern, RG AVT, LG Tomlison

Backups 

LT AVT,  RT Turner/Becton, C Pittman, RG Colon, LG Schweitzer 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

I disagree.  I don't think that will ever happen.  The Jets think his best position is OG.

AVT seems to agree.  In his radio interview with DiPietro & Rothenberg last week, he said that he was happy to help the team out of a pickle by playing other positions on the OL, but he prefers to settle in at Guard.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hour-2-aaron-rodgers-alijah-vera-tucker-cj-mosley/id928624712?i=1000621887451

• Upvote 2

I think one of these young OTs will be our LT in the future. I assume this is Browns last year with us (I could be wrong). But that we slide AVT to LG after this year as well. I actually think there should be pressure on Tomlinson to start at LG. Not sure why he’s being given the LG job. Hopefully Tippman can start and look good this year at C. Where we’d have 2 young guys next to our LT. Making his job easier. Surely one of Becton, Mitchell or Warren can look good next to AVT and Tipp

He's probably the best LT on the team.  It might make sense to move the rookie to guard this year.   I still think all Becton needs is to put on 20 lbs to get his strength back and become the starting LT.   He looks a little thin to me. 

3 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

The Jets are pretty much set at the other premium positions...

Franchise QB, lock down CB, elite WR, disruptive DT/DE...

Big question mark at critical LT position...

Mekhi "Blue Moon" Becton will prove to be JD's second biggest fail...

Duane Brown is old and gets dinged up...

Rodgers needs a dependable LT or he won't survive...

The Jets will have no choice but to move AVT to LT...

And AVT is talented enough to be successful at it...

Respectfully disagree.  

AVT has the talent to be a LT, but I don't think he will dominate.  At OG, we have a perennial All Pro.  At LT, we do not.

I think we have to have some patience.  Duane Brown will fill the role this year.  JD has the off season to solve LT for next year.

This is a repeat of what the Jets did with Jason Fabini.  Take a good RT and make a JAG LT.  Hurt both positions and Fabini's career.  

The OT positions are unsettled, to say the least.  But we just had our first padded practice.  DB is still on PUP.  Becton has been away from the game for more than a year.  Let's go through a few more practices and a game with the Browns.   It's a little early to push the panic button.

34 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Doubtful. I don’t think you take a player who’s excellent at one position and put him where he’s only good. It’s great avt can play tackle but he shouldn’t be one unless there are injuries, etc.

I'm not advocating moving him, but right now he's our best O lineman...the others are just meh.  

I am putting it out there, Becton is balling out and winning the left tackle job. Jets have to admit not picking up the 5th year option was a mistake and try to work something out.

Can you franchise someone after not picking up the 5th year option? I think you can because that is the situation the Giants were in with Daniel Jones.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am putting it out there, Becton is balling out and winning the left tackle job. Jets have to admit not picking up the 5th year option was a mistake and try to work something out.

Can you franchise someone after not picking up the 5th year option? I think you can because that is the situation the Giants were in with Daniel Jones.

Connor Hughes was posting about how Lawson was eating Becton’s lunch today.

McDonald got him for a sack as well

And that’s with Becton on a limited pitch count.

At this point I think Becton being traded is a real possibility. I have no idea why people are acting like this is some outlandish idea.

He already essentially blamed the coaching staff and front office for his 2nd knee injury, he’s been persistent about being strictly a LT and he’s been 3rd in the pecking order so far, Duane Brown is pretty much guaranteed the starting spot and he’s going to be back to practicing within the week, the Jets just drafted Mitchell and Warren in back to back drafts…the list goes on.

12 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Connor Hughes was posting about how Lawson was eating Becton’s lunch today.

McDonald got him for a sack as well

And that’s with Becton on a limited pitch count.

At this point I think Becton being traded is a real possibility. I have no idea why people are acting like this is some outlandish idea.

He already essentially blamed the coaching staff and front office for his 2nd knee injury, he’s been persistent about being strictly a LT and he’s been 3rd in the pecking order so far, Duane Brown is pretty much guaranteed the starting spot and he’s going to be back to practicing within the week, the Jets just drafted Mitchell and Warren in back to back drafts…the list goes on.

Geez I put it all out there and you knocked it down with facts in like 30 seconds. Show some respect lol.

The biggest reason I believe he could be traded is this regime doesn't let players F around and not find out. It is the culture they are building. Eli Moore could have been a beast in this offense but they didn't trust him so they gave him away. You can make the exact same case that they feel the same way about Becton.

That being said, he is winning the LT job, going to the Pro Bowl and will make the hall of fame. Putting it out there again.

11 hours ago, Bronx said:

Week 1 starters 

LT Brown, RT Mitchell, C McGovern, RG AVT, LG Tomlison

Backups 

LT AVT,  RT Turner/Becton, C Pittman, RG Colon, LG Schweitzer 

Presuming “Pittman” is Tippmann here.

So after getting drafted in the 4th round, Warren isn’t even making the roster? Cold, man.

Also it’s unrealistic that AVT is higher than the 4th string LT this season behind Brown, Becton, and Turner (assuming there isn’t a summer transaction for Becton). 

Accepting that there’s no chance the guards aren’t locked in as above, same as open8ng day last year, there isn’t much I’m rooting for to end up this way at LT RT C. More like you’ve outlined the worst case scenario,  it the best case one.

• I’m fine with Brown starting at LT but, player likability aside, it’s in the team’s interest for Becton to beat him out, not for him to rot as a 3rd string RT and 3rd-5th string LT.
  • Ideally Tippmann looks good enough to start so the team improves at center instead of re-fielding the merely ok McGovern, whom no one else wanted as a starter either.
  • RT it’s unlikely to figure the best overall run + pass blocking RT of the lot will be Mitchell, as much as I’m in favor of him taking a giant leap forward (and staying healthy).
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think one of these young OTs will be our LT in the future. I assume this is Browns last year with us (I could be wrong). But that we slide AVT to LG after this year as well. I actually think there should be pressure on Tomlinson to start at LG. Not sure why he’s being given the LG job. Hopefully Tippman can start and look good this year at C. Where we’d have 2 young guys next to our LT. Making his job easier. Surely one of Becton, Mitchell or Warren can look good next to AVT and Tipp

Who would pressure Tomlinson?  Schweitzer must be a better C than OG since he's competing with both Tippman and McGovern.  Colon or maybe Turrner are the only other ones on the roster who could come close to pressuring Tomlinson.  Also, there's Tomlinson's contract.  They couldn't cut him and he makes too much to sit.  He also had his best years in SF under Carter.  I think (hope) he will be fine.

He was bad last year, no doubt about it, but I believe it was an aberration, a result of the constant parade of different players on the OL which caused communication issues and prevented the OL from ever getting into sync, and Brown being injured and not fully healthy.

1 hour ago, JKlecko said:

Who would pressure Tomlinson?  Schweitzer must be a better C than OG since he's competing with both Tippman and McGovern.  Colon or maybe Turrner are the only other ones on the roster who could come close to pressuring Tomlinson.  Also, there's Tomlinson's contract.  They couldn't cut him and he makes too much to sit.  He also had his best years in SF under Carter.  I think (hope) he will be fine.

He was bad last year, no doubt about it, but I believe it was an aberration, a result of the constant parade of different players on the OL which caused communication issues and prevented the OL from ever getting into sync, and Brown being injured and not fully healthy.

Makes too much to bench is a mentality to lose. I can careless what Tomlinson makes. We're trying to win football games and he wasnt good last year. I have no clue why he's getting in essence a free pass to be our starting LG. We have depth on the IOL and with how he looked last year a guy battling for a starting C spot or even OT spot very well can be better than him.

16 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Anyone who thinks AVT will be playing LT will have to answer to this broad. She takes no prisoners. 
LT Brown or Becton if Brown isn’t ready 

LG Lake 

C McGovern

RG AVT

RT Becton - Mitchell if Becton has to slide over to LT if Brown is not ready

• Haha 1