Dalvin Cook

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

The Office Reaction GIF

I was down on Cook after the information about drops and fumbles but I have to think that Rodgers has given some sort of feedback on this as someone that played in his division so I’m going to just trust the team.  That’s a pretty good feeling 

I look at it as another play maker that the opposing defense has to contend with.  You can never have enough play makers.

• Upvote 4

Don't let him leave without a contract. 

This would be a homerun move. A top 5 running back, arguably, to allow Breece to come back to health slowly. Breece comes back and we will have a backfield of Cook and Breece for the second half of the season into the playoffs. That would be incredible 

• Upvote 3

I think its obvious he wants to be a Jet. Its just a matter of getting the numbers right.  Not sure why anyone would be opposed to this as long as its a short term deal, especially with Breece coming back from torn ligaments and propensity of RBs getting hurt through the year. 

You can never have enough allstar RBs. Its also obvious that the Jets feel this way too because they have been rumored to be sniffing around all the FA RBs and even got leaked that they wanted to draft Gibbs (Still mind blowing if true).

And with Rodgers pay cut and Mosley and Davis pay cut coming soon (How could they not if Rodgers just took a 35 Million dollar one), they have no reason not to sign him. 

This is how you build an allstar team.

And its not like it costs the Jets any future assests, compensation or draft picks. So the opposition just doesn't make sense to me.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

This is the wrong move.

this team wants to run more than it passes. Ball control offense with a strong defense. While Rodgers is the best qb we’ve ever had, he hasn’t had a 300 yard game in his last 20ish games. He’s not going to have mahomes / Herbert type numbers. This team will be so much better with a Chubb / hunt type combo. Force teams to fear the run, which in turn will allow Rodgers to take advantage of coverages and allow for explosive passing plays when the opportunities present themselves. Dalvin and breece would have the potential to produce the best rushing numbers in the league. Both backs would also help each other stay fresh as both guys would likely be more productive and stay healthy by keeping their work loads in check.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Falco21 said:

Don't let him leave without a contract. 

This would be a homerun move. A top 5 running back, arguably, to allow Breece to come back to health slowly. Breece comes back and we will have a backfield of Cook and Breece for the second half of the season into the playoffs. That would be incredible 

That's the real question.  Is he a top 5 running back?  MN throws the football and is very successful throwing the football.  Cook is the only running back on that team and they ranked 28th in rushing attempts and 27th in rushing yards.   His game numbers last year were extremely inconsistent.   On top of it MN has shown no interest in signing him. 

He was clearly a beast in 2020 and had a good year last year on a team that had a great passing O and a bottom 3rd of the league rushing attack.  

This is a price to reward calculation that's not a clear cut slam dunk.  

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

That's the real question.  Is he a top 5 running back?  MN throws the football and is very successful throwing the football.  Cook is the only running back on that team and they ranked 28th in rushing attempts and 27th in rushing yards.   His game numbers last year were extremely inconsistent.   On top of it MN has shown no interest in signing him. 

He was clearly a beast in 2020 and had a good year last year on a team that had a great passing O and a bottom 3rd of the league rushing attack.  

I get your points, but I also think he is a top 5 back when he is given the same amount of carries as other top 5 backs.

In his career, he averages 4.7 YPC. Last year, he had 1,173 yards, which was 6th most in the NFL. He had 264 attempts, which is 45 less carries than the average of the top 5 guys in the NFL. Factor in his 4.7 YPC and add the additional 45 carries, he would have finished as the 4th ranked running back in the league, based on yards. Further, his 4.7 YPC is as high as the average of the top 5 guys in the league.

I am, by no means, crowning him as the top back in the league, but in my belief, he is definitely a top 5 back and him paired with Breece would be lethal. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Larz said:

The Office Reaction GIF

I was down on Cook after the information about drops and fumbles but I have to think that Rodgers has given some sort of feedback on this as someone that played in his division so I’m going to just trust the team.  That’s a pretty good feeling 

I still feel this way. If the Jets sign Cook, it will not surprise me if he’s no better than their third leading rusher while still leading all RBs in fumbles. Replace, “MCarter tfl,” in these camp reports with, “DCook tfl.” 

I hope that if he’s coming in, he’s coming in to work out and not being treated like a player they’re confident they can bank on, too. I do not think he has much left in the tank at all. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Falco21 said:

I get your points, but I also think he is a top 5 back when he is given the same amount of carries as other top 5 backs.

In his career, he averages 4.7 YPC. Last year, he had 1,173 yards, which was 6th most in the NFL. He had 264 attempts, which is 45 less carries than the average of the top 5 guys in the NFL. Factor in his 4.7 YPC and add the additional 45 carries, he would have finished as the 4th ranked running back in the league, based on yards. Further, his 4.7 YPC is as high as the average of the top 5 guys in the league.

I am, by no means, crowning him as the top back in the league, but in my belief, he is definitely a top 5 back and him paired with Breece would be lethal. 

I don't think he's top 5.  I think Jacobs, Barkley, Chubb, McCafrey and Henry are clearly the top 5.  I would probably consider both Harris and Etienne better and if healthy Kamara.  You also have guys like Miles Sanders, Tony Pollard, even Ken Walker who might have more value.  

Again, I'm not saying he's not real good and wouldn't be a good fit.  I just think his best days are probably behind him and I wouldn't want to over pay to get him.  

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Biggs said:

So what... He could be top 20 for all I care... as long as he can spell Breece and be an emergency backup why does it matter.

• Upvote 1