A humble millionaire

Bronx

Just now, Hal said:

That’s cold.   I thought you could see the value of Aaron Rodgers, the veteran mentor for Zach.

He can mentor QB3. I think we all agree Zach is currently broken and needs a reset. We just disagree on the likelihood of him ever getting “fixed.” But we should both agree he should have a red shirt year. 1 concussion away from seeing the field is bad for that process.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, there’s “being sensible” and then there’s living in a bed bug infested garbage mattress. For gods sake live a little Gardner.

He spent 2 years at ECU, 1 in Pullman, Washington and another 2 in Jacksonville.  He doesn’t know any better.

@AVM @JiF

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, there’s “being sensible” and then there’s living in a bed bug infested garbage mattress. For gods sake live a little Gardner.

Agree if we assume the typical mattress by a garbage bin, but perhaps it was Mike Leach's mattress that he was throwing away and Gardner picked it up at the curb after it was "discarded", and the whole sleeping on a mattress he found in the garbage is an embellishment. 

PS upon investigation - because it seemed less frugal to transport a dumpster mattress around the country -- the statement is untrue. It seems that upon transferring to Washington State, Gardner slept on a mattress and box spring he found by a dumpster. He also had a $5 coffee table. I presume that upon leaving Washington State for the NFL, he replaced the mattress.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Bought my first new mattress 2 years ago. Went with a Purple Mattress, f*cking game changer lol highly recommend

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

He can mentor QB3. I think we all agree Zach is currently broken and needs a reset. We just disagree on the likelihood of him ever getting “fixed.” But we should both agree he should have a red shirt year. 1 concussion away from seeing the field is bad for that process.

Jesu Christo man.. talk about beating a dead horse. Do you really think you can compare the talent lvl of these two? Your just a fan boi.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Love the idea that if he drove like a 2021 Camry he’d be on the brink of homelessness

Plus there are 2011 cars and then there are 2011 cars.

Is it 2011 sportscar that a shrewd collector would value, or is Minshew driving a dented 2011 Silverado that leaks oil everywhere, has food/coffee stains on the upholstery, an unpainted replacement liftgate, with 2 areas showing foam stuffing popping out of the seat, chicken feathers and/or cat litter in the rear cab, a couple dashboard warning lights that are always on, and a deployed passenger airbag that was never put back?

I'm thinking the latter. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Really the only people vehemently disagreeing are @jgb, @Jetsfan80 and @Fantasy Island

I would love Minshew though .. always been stable solid option.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bronx said:

He is not a NY Jet, but it is worth sharing.

Screenshot_20230728_061902_Twitter.thumb.jpg.1f617607fc863a3e642e8e6108d8d5bb.jpg

Still driving the same car and sleeping on an old mattress literally does nothing to make him smart or protect his future. The best mattress in the world is $5K. A really good car is $50k. Against $8.5 million that is just stupid not smart. Not buying a $5 million house or yacht, not buying several Bentley's or making poor high $ investments are smart. Sleeping on a ratty mattress when you are a millionaire is excessive and idiotic. Flat out.

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyLV said:

Still driving the same car and sleeping on an old mattress literally does nothing to make him smart or protect his future. The best mattress in the world is $5K. A really good car is $50k. Against $8.5 million that is just stupid not smart. Not buying a $5 million house or yacht, not buying several Bentley's or making poor high $ investments are smart. Sleeping on a ratty mattress when you are a millionaire is excessive and idiotic. Flat out.

image.thumb.jpeg.c7a964365c3a1eb10a35aee5e9fb7b89.jpeg