OT: Where Do You Think Patrick Mahomes Currently Ranks Among The All-Time Greatest QBs?

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

For me for sure to 10. And he’s in that area around top 5 for me. I think when his career is over he’ll be 2nd at worst and maybe even 1st.

I agree.  He does have an opportunity to be the GOAT.  Hopefully, he stays healthy and we get to watch his brilliance for many more years.

Would not mind seeing and hearing a lot less from his Wife and Brother.

• Upvote 4

I think mahommes, barring injury, can be the goat.  He has a feel for the game equal to Brady and also has other attributes that make him better.  The thing is he may not want to play until he’s forty. As good as Brady was, his last few season were mainly compiling.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Do you think he's in that group right now?  Is he top 10 of all time?  Top 5?

What do you think his ceiling is?  Is GOAT on the table?  Or maybe TB12 has set the bar too high to be reached?

Incomplete. Needs 1-3 more titles to get there, but as far as gifted pretty damn special. 

• Upvote 2

What do you think his ceiling is?  Is GOAT on the table?  Or maybe TB12 has set the bar too high to be reached?
Currently ?? Probably around 20tu best all time .. give him some time.. might be top 3.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:
He’s clearly top 10 all time. He has two MVPs and two Super Bowl MVPs. He has legitimately been “the best in the world” for a period of time, something few guys can truly say.
How high you rank him depends on how highly you value longevity — but he’s in the GOAT conversation for me.

Not taking anything away from him ... He's just there YET... And he has light years to travel to reach Montana or Brady.

Edited by Dunnie

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Not taking anything away from him ... He's just there YET... And he has light years to travel to reach Montana or Brady.

Like I said it’s subjective based on your criteria.

But Mahomes has been in the league for 5 years — in that time period he has two Super Bowls and Super Bowl MVPs, two MVPs, another AFC Championship — he’s never missed the AFC Title game. He’s pretty much been the universally accepted best QB in the world during that span.

He doesn’t have the accolades to match Brady yet but if you’re throwing out names that are part of the discussion he’s one of them.

Like I said it’s subjective based on your criteria.
But Mahomes has been in the league for 5 years — in that time period he has two Super Bowls and Super Bowl MVPs, two MVPs, another AFC Championship — he’s never missed the AFC Title game. He’s pretty much been the universally accepted best QB in the world during that span.
He doesn’t have the accolades to match Brady yet but if you’re throwing out names that are part of the discussion he’s one of them.
Are you ancient enough to have seen Montana play in his prime ?

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Rodgers held the mantle for a while but Mahomes is the GOAT.

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Are you ancient enough to have seen Montana play in his prime ?

Cannot say that I am — I just use Brady as the reference point because he’s pretty much generally accepted as the GOAT these days.

I don’t really put a ton of energy into GOAT discussions between guys I didn’t see play, particularly because it’s hard to account for era so I don’t have strong feelings about Montana one way or another.

• Upvote 1

Cannot say that I am — I just use Brady as the reference point because he’s pretty much generally accepted as the GOAT these days.
I don’t really put a ton of energy into GOAT discussions between guys I didn’t see play, particularly because it’s hard to account for era so I don’t have strong feelings about Montana one way or another.
Makes sense .. I think that's part of it .. I can tell you that the game was infinitely more difficult for QBs in the 80s.

Maholmes has the right trajectory and pace to reach those two guys .. but he needs to do a lot more.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I watched him play.

He played on one of the greatest TEAMS in NFL history from Owner GM HC and roster.

He was amazing not tying to take anything away, he was Joe cool, pinpoint accurate, balls of steel.

I’lol say one very possible controversial thing Tom Brady wouldn’t have survived the 80’s having to take the hits Montana took and just the overall brutality off the game.  His career may have been great for a shorter period of time but no way in Hell does he play till he is 40+.  

Oh and if he played in the 80’s he probably wouldn’t have been built up by Balco’s finest.

Cheating scum bag.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Makes sense .. I think that's part of it .. I can tell you that the game was infinitely more difficult for QBs in the 80s.

Maholmes has the right trajectory and pace to reach those two guys .. but he needs to do a lot more.

The problem I'm having with Mahomes and any QB GOAT discussion is when Tampa hit him in the mouth a few times in SB LV it completely altered his game.  The Milano hit that cut Mike White in two that we all "oohed and aahed" about for weeks on this board was closer to normal for guys who played in the 60's, 70's, 80's.  It's almost like two different games...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Why do people say this like it matters? How is a failure to advance to the Super Bowl — losing earlier — better than losing in the Super Bowl.

Same with Michael Jordan argument.  Lebron carrying bad teams to finals and losing is somehow a knock on him, but Jordan losing before finals doesn’t seem to matter.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2
  • More Ugh 1

He’s building his case but let me know how he does once Andy Reid retires. That guy makes all QBs play well over their heads. Not to mention Maholmes uses speed/agility often, so if that goes away, how great will he be? Time will tell. 

47 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Montana was my favorite. .. but he sits at no. 2 far below Brady.

Maholmes needs a LOT more to be in the conversation.

That's the problem with a true GOAT conversation.  Brady > Montana because he played so much longer.   But, there is no way Brady lasts nearly as long if he takes the punishment QBs got in the 70s, 80s, 90s.  

To me, it is really best of an era.  Joe was #1 in his. Brady was #1 in his.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I’lol say one very possible controversial thing Tom Brady wouldn’t have survived the 80’s having to take the hits Montana took and just the overall brutality off the game.  His career may have been great for a shorter period of time but no way in Hell does he play till he is 40+.  

I don’t think I this is controversial at all. I bet Brady would admit this himself.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Absolutely no question about it.  If TB12 played in Montana's era, his career very likely would've been a lot shorter and who knows how injuries would've affected things.

14 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don’t think I this is controversial at all. I bet Brady would admit this himself.

Not sure if Brady would admit it (maybe he would but I don't know) but I agree that it's not controversial at all

• Upvote 1