Rest in Peace Uncle Tony

Maxman

Never was fortunate enough to meet this man but it sounds as if he was a person who had an incredible amount of gratitude and hospitality. If you have those two things in abundance, you are bound to have an enjoyable life filled with many friends from all walks of life. 

I pray he is now enjoying the fruits of such a selfless life. Rest in Peace Uncle Tony.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Uncle Tony, a Jets legend, passed away on Tuesday. It was sudden and unexpected.

Many of the old timers here know Tony from the tailgates back in the day. He would throw these huge tailgates and he paid for them all himself he refused to take any money.

He was very good friends with Tony Siragusa, they would get both of their RV's together and have Heineken sponsor these huge tailgates. What a blast.

Tony is my wife's uncle @JetFanByMarriage. When I got season tickets in 1988 they were Tony's seats.

He upgraded to the front row club in the old stadium. And he would take his staff from classic Harley-Davidson to games for free. He would get all these perks, field passes etc and just give them away.

An amazing man who was a great business man and generous.

Rest in peace Uncle Tony.

Will you be able to make back for the funeral?

Sounds as if he’d want you taking in all the festivities as his proxy. I’m sure, if able, he would have made the trip with you if he could.

Who were his favorite players?

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Uncle Tony, a Jets legend, passed away on Tuesday. It was sudden and unexpected.

Many of the old timers here know Tony from the tailgates back in the day. He would throw these huge tailgates and he paid for them all himself he refused to take any money.

He was very good friends with Tony Siragusa, they would get both of their RV's together and have Heineken sponsor these huge tailgates. What a blast.

Tony is my wife's uncle @JetFanByMarriage. When I got season tickets in 1988 they were Tony's seats.

He upgraded to the front row club in the old stadium. And he would take his staff from classic Harley-Davidson to games for free. He would get all these perks, field passes etc and just give them away.

Nice, rich AND generous are the hallmarks of great man rip

RIP....so sad, especially when you consider the misery the man endured all these years by our losing team...and to pass so unexpectedly right before we are about to be good again...sick joke, methinks.  Cheers to a great man, he will be sorely missed.  Sorry for your loss, Maxman.

8 minutes ago, MaybeOneDay said:

RIP....so sad, especially when you consider the misery the man endured all these years by our losing team...and to pass so unexpectedly right before we are about to be good again...sick joke, methinks.  Cheers to a great man, he will be sorely missed.  Sorry for your loss, Maxman.

Guess that's why paradoxically it's all about enjoying the ride and not the final destination as Tony sounds like he couldn't have enjoyed his gracious, unselfish ride with fellow Jets fans any better then he did. Take note everyone as these are the days to live like Tony!  Sorry for Jets Nation's loss...  RIP Tony

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

Sorry for your loss, Max