Add the Bills to the Rodgers “Shut Your Mouth” Revenge Tour!

https://nypost.com/2023/08/02/aaron-rodgers-cheated-at-pebble-beach-golf-tournament-josh-allen/

The rivalry between Aaron Rodgers and Josh Allen is starting to heat up — but it’s not on the football field.

After Rodgers won the Pro-Am portion of the Pebble Beach golf tournament in February with a controversial handicap, the Bills’ superstar quarterback aired out his grievances with Rodgers on the “Pardon My Take” podcast Wednesday.

“He did [cheat],” Allen said. “I love Aaron, but he did. Not just me, [he sandbagged] the world. He may have gotten just seven or eight strokes too many at Pebble Beach. Or nine. Not from me, that’s what other sources are saying. I’m not saying that.”

“I think Aaron Rodgers should be in jail,” PFT Commenter of Barstool Sports said.

“I will say a lot of the golfers maybe thought that too,” Allen responded.

Rodgers, who won the tournament alongside his partner Ben Silverman by one shot, was thrilled by his performance after the victory.

“I think Josh and I won,” Mitchell, who finished fourth on the professional side of the tournament, said about the Pro-Am. “Aaron Rodgers doesn’t count. His handicap was crap.”

Rodgers didn’t shy away from gloating.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

https://nypost.com/2023/08/02/aaron-rodgers-cheated-at-pebble-beach-golf-tournament-josh-allen/

The rivalry between Aaron Rodgers and Josh Allen is starting to heat up — but it’s not on the football field.

After Rodgers won the Pro-Am portion of the Pebble Beach golf tournament in February with a controversial handicap, the Bills’ superstar quarterback aired out his grievances with Rodgers on the “Pardon My Take” podcast Wednesday.

“He did [cheat],” Allen said. “I love Aaron, but he did. Not just me, [he sandbagged] the world. He may have gotten just seven or eight strokes too many at Pebble Beach. Or nine. Not from me, that’s what other sources are saying. I’m not saying that.”

“I think Aaron Rodgers should be in jail,” PFT Commenter of Barstool Sports said.

Rodgers, who won the tournament alongside his partner Ben Silverman by one shot, was thrilled by his performance after the victory.

“I think Josh and I won,” Mitchell, who finished fourth on the professional side of the tournament, said about the Pro-Am. “Aaron Rodgers doesn’t count. His handicap was crap.”

Nice going, Josh.  Rodgers is looking forward to the next contest, I'm sure.  Beefalo is dead meat. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Warfish said:

Sounds like good natured ribbing between star QB's to me.

Obviously. Still doesn’t mean competition doesn’t carry  over onto the field. It’s a big rivalry, and neither team lacks desire to win. But every little extra push can make a difference.

• Upvote 2

As a golfer I have to agree that fudging a handicap is a big no no. Etiquette and honor are yoog in golf. Your entire reputation can be ruined by one bad ball mark. 

With that said I will enjoy his pathological competitiveness leading this team to new heights even if it is just to spite the Packers lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I'll be quite honest, I just don't think this puff-piece story makes any difference whatsoever.  

I don't think AR, in that vital moment in a close Jets-Bills game, is going to think "that young little bastard mocked my golf game, AAARRRRRGH!!!!!" and in a fit of rage over golf handicaps, will lead us to last second victory.

As opposed to just wanting to win because:

1.  It’s opening day

2.  911 game

3.  Home opener & his 1st game as a Jet 

4.  Our biggest obstacle to winning the division .  

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

As opposed to just wanting to win because:

1.  It’s opening day

2.  911 game

3.  Home opener & his 1st game as a Jet 

4.  Our biggest obstacle to winning the division .  

I'd say all of those are much bigger factors, yes.

As opposed to a silly joke story about golf scores....

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Larz said:

As a golfer I have to agree that fudging a handicap is a big no no. Etiquette and honor are yoog in golf. Your entire reputation can be ruined by one bad ball mark. 

With that said I will enjoy his pathological competitiveness leading this team to new heights even if it is just to spite the Packers lol. 

Everyone in the clubhouse knows which guy cheats on his score. It's kind of pathetic.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

No… maybe something like this.

Aaron Rodgers steps into the huddle and a team familiar with failure, looks to their new leader with uncertainty in their eyes. In an effort to have them loosen up and focus Rodgers says “There’s been an awful lot of chirping from our opponent the last few years. I for one would like to silence them.  Let’s drive this ball down the field and close out this game with a win ! My handicap is on the line”

Totally off topic but who are you going to replace max and his Mets hat with?  What a sh*t show of a season for the Mets but I didn't agree with signing the 40 year old's anyway.

7 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Totally off topic but who are you going to replace max and his Mets hat with?  What a sh*t show of a season for the Mets but I didn't agree with signing the 40 year old's anyway.

Thanks for the reminder. I need to convert back to my vintage Emerson Boozer photo!

What an absolute travesty this season turned out to be. The mismanagement of the roster is an embarrassment. Uncertain if Cohen’s zeal for a winner was responsible or Eppler & scouts. Our farm system is in rough shape. Other than Alvarez, what do we have to show? Baty is a big ? & Vientos has shown nothing. Pitching is absolutely desolate.

Hoping to see Mauricio come up soon and see how that talent plays in pro game. 

5 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

@southparkcpa and @JiF

How can we root for a sandbagged like this?

18 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'll be quite honest, I just don't think this puff-piece story makes any difference whatsoever.  

I don't think AR, in that vital moment in a close Jets-Bills game, is going to think "that young little bastard mocked my golf game, AAARRRRRGH!!!!!" and in a fit of rage over golf handicaps, will lead us to last second victory.

Didn’t really mock him either. He essentially said he’s too damn good for the handicap they gave him.