Jets Camp Updates Aug 5: Pre HOF Induction version

Lith

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

/Probably light day reviewing what went wrong on Thursday..

Execution by defense stopping Browns running game and check down throws to RBs wasn’t good.

Offensively, running game wasn’t good and too many dropped passes IMO

I was more concerned by the offense.   Couldn't get into a rhythm all game long.  I thought the D was ok in the first half, but we let DTR shred us in the second half.  On the other hand, most of the guys who got shredded will not be on the roster come 9/1.   A lot to work on over on the next month.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Probably light day reviewing what went wrong on Thursday.

Execution by defense stopping Browns running game and check down throws to RBs wasn’t good.

Offensively, running game wasn’t good and too many dropped passes IMO

Thursday was more about looking at individual players than the “groups”. I don’t think they’re concerned about scheme vulnerabilities or breakdowns right now.

The position coach might take player X aside and work with him on what he did wrong on a certain play, but otherwise, they’re going to stay their course.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

I was more concerned by the offense.   Couldn't get into a rhythm all game long.  I thought the D was ok in the first half, but we let DTR shred us in the second half.  On the other hand, most of the guys who got shredded will not be on the roster come 9/1.   A lot to work on over on the next month.

Kelly & Felton were avg. 4.2 & 6.5 rushing yards per attempt. DTR was a player I was hoping Jets would have selected but AR wouldn’t have liked that because of his relationship with Zach.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Thursday was more about looking at individual players than the “groups”. I don’t think they’re concerned about scheme vulnerabilities or breakdowns right now.

The position coach might take player X aside and work with him on what he did wrong on a certain play, but otherwise, they’re going to stay their course.

Reasonable take.

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Kelly & Felton were avg. 4.2 & 6.5 rushing yards per attempt. DTR was a player I was hoping Jets would have selected but AR wouldn’t have liked that because of his relationship with Zach.

2nd half D sucked.  But first half we also forced two TOs, which we struggled to do last year.  Was hoping to see better from both sides of the ball, but we are two weeks into camp.  Not going to overreact though.  Weren't we undefeated in preseason last year, and what did it mean.

• Upvote 1