Congrats Darrelle Revis

doitny

54 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Would have been nice if they mentioned Rex during his game interview instead of talking about Bill Belichick.

Did you watch his HOF speech? Rex Ryan was the first person he thanked for pretty much using him in a way that created the lore of Revis Island

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Lith said:

This was part of his legacy.  He was one of the best to ever do what he did, but for him, but it seemed like he valued the contract and maximizing his brand ahead of the relationship with his team and its fans.  Which was his right.  Part of the cost though is that now, in retirement, he is not really beloved by any fan base.  That was the choice he made.

I doubt he really cares.

Wow, that’s well put! Congratulations to Darrel. You deserve it. Fatass! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lith said:

This was part of his legacy.  He was one of the best to ever do what he did, but for him, but it seemed like he valued the contract and maximizing his brand ahead of the relationship with his team and its fans.  Which was his right.  Part of the cost though is that now, in retirement, he is not really beloved by any fan base.  That was the choice he made.

I doubt he really cares.

It was his career and he made the choice to maximize his payday.   I would've done the same if I was him.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It was his career and he made the choice to maximize his payday.   I would've done the same if I was him.

Not sure I would have done the same, but I agree.  It was his career and he made his choice.  Seems like his connection is to his hometown moreso than any NFL fanbase.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'll leave it to pro-labor-pro-holdout guys like @jgb, happy Patriots Fans, and selected others to celebrate this one.

He was an exceptional CB, that is unquestionable.  One of the best to ever play the game when at his peak.

Beyond that... 

Once you go down that road, no one ever measures up. Revis unlike Klecko never admitted and was convicted of a felony.

Maybe best to put the emotion aside and judge players for who they are as players, hm?

• Upvote 1