If the Rodgers era is as fruitful as we are all hoping, will you call it a day?

We have all waited for our turn to stand atop the NFL as champions. Once Aaron (hopefully) brings us three (two is ok too, lets not get greedy) championships over the course of his 5 years here, what will your fandom look like? I was asked this recently. Many of us weren't alive when they won it way back when. We have only 2010 to live off of. If we win the big one, do you step back from being a die hard? Do you allow yourself to be happy with the achievement and kind of just... follow along instead of the strong inclination towards obsessing that we all have here?

Do tell. Share. Mock. Just don't call me kev. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Would I be happy with the achievement.  One SB win.  Absolutely.  But I don't see it changing my fandom.

I can only speak to the way I have reacted as a Georgia grad to the last two seasons.  Hadn't won the big one in 40+ years.  Some close calls, but always found a way to come up small in a big spot.  Then we won two years ago.  And last year, I still built my Saturdays around the Dawgs.  When I thought we were going to lose to OSU in the playoff, I was less disappointed knowing I had already seen 1, but I can't say winning changed my level of fandom in any way.

Go Dawgs!!!

We’ll all be too busy gatekeeping new posters and witch hunting “bandwagon jumpers” to do much of anything else.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

I will deal with it in exactly the same way I’ve dealt with every instance of overwhelming joy and triumph in my life, by you know what never mind I will be back later ****

Does it involve gas station skin mags and a steel wool glove?

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, pointman said:

We have all waited for our turn to stand atop the NFL as champions. Once Aaron (hopefully) brings us three (two is ok too, lets not get greedy) championships over the course of his 5 years here, what will your fandom look like? I was asked this recently. Many of us weren't alive when they won it way back when. We have only 2010 to live off of. If we win the big one, do you step back from being a die hard? Do you allow yourself to be happy with the achievement and kind of just... follow along instead of the strong inclination towards obsessing that we all have here?

2010 doesnt hold a candle to 1998.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, pointman said:

I feel like.i will be just as big a fan as now.

• Upvote 1

When you’re a jet you’re a jet all the way.  Whether they make/win a Super Bowl in the next two seasons doesn’t really change much.  I don’t see them going on a multi year dominating run like the patsies did. They might get four more seasons assuming qwill, sauce, Wilson et al stick around and be that group that gives the team a refuse to lose attitude.  I think there’s just too much money available to elite players that it’s just too easy for them to move on when their contracts are up. Of course Douglas may be able to have additional great drafts like 2022’s and if that’s the case the jets could go on a multi year run.

• Upvote 1

Honest answer — I think aging and having kids as changed my fandom more than any on field outcome ever could.

When I was a kid through my twenties I was obsessed and would have done anything for a Super Bowl. Getting older now and getting more perspective — this is a hobby. It’s part of why I just want the team to be competitive. Following a team that is dogsh*t year in and test out is a waste of time. Generally content to have my heart broken in January if the team is good enough to be playing real games then.

If we ever do win it all I think it’ll be special — but won’t really change too much on a go forward.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

So I guess the idea is we're supposed to put ourselves in the shoes of the athlete who wins it all and walks off into the sunset? This is a very strange idea, I must say. Makes me cringe pretty hard.

Why on earth would a fan suffer through a lifetime of crappy teams to root for and then "step away" when the team finally became good? This makes no sense to me and I think I'm going to need a beer to reduce my blood pressure after just trying to understand.

• Haha 4