Tomlison nicked

Bronx

Okay it’s training camp so little nicks can be tolerated and keep players out.  But this sure better not be habit forming in the regular season.  Most teams play with nicked up players especially as the season wears on.  The surest way to solve these nicks is to start winning games.  It’s amazing how winning will change players attitudes about these minor injuries.

• Upvote 2

Obviously, you always want to be healthy as a team but when you get competent quarterback play, you don’t feel the injuries as much. As Jets fans, we are so used to feeling every injury because with sh!t quarterback play, you must be strong in every area. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Okay it’s training camp so little nicks can be tolerated and keep players out.  But this sure better not be habit forming in the regular season.  Most teams play with nicked up players especially as the season wears on.  The surest way to solve these nicks is to start winning games.  It’s amazing how winning will change players attitudes about these minor injuries.

Im not talking about his play which was subpar in 2022 but im pretty sure tomlinson has a pretty long streak of playing and is as "veteran" as it gets.  These guys just do not need to be playing in every practice all through august, especially since we started a week early.

Personally I hope we start dialing back reps for all vets aside from guys like Becton who need to play themself into shape.  Duane Brown too wont be back for 2 weeks and at that point he will need to get some padded reps prior to the opener. But there is not better football adage then "everyone will be treated fairly but not everyone will be treated the same".  Rookies dont get to miss a day - veterans should have their TC reps managed A LOT.  Lawson is a great example, we know he is gonna play limited snaps, is completely shredded (ie. in shape) so why exactly should he be risking injury playing a ton in TC.  Does he have something to prove at this point?  Does the coaching staff not know who he is?

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Im not talking about his play which was subpar in 2022 but im pretty sure tomlinson has a pretty long streak of playing and is as "veteran" as it gets.  These guys just do not need to be playing in every practice all through august, especially since we started a week early.

Personally I hope we start dialing back reps for all vets aside from guys like Becton who need to play themself into shape.  Duane Brown too wont be back for 2 weeks and at that point he will need to get some padded reps prior to the opener. But there is not better football adage then "everyone will be treated fairly but not everyone will be treated the same".  Rookies dont get to miss a day - veterans should have their TC reps managed A LOT.  Lawson is a great example, we know he is gonna play limited snaps, is completely shredded (ie. in shape) so why exactly should he be risking injury playing a ton in TC.  Does he have something to prove at this point?  Does the coaching staff not know who he is?

True enough and I’m not worried about the vets.  But the starters still need to get their team play in synch especially with all of the new guys.  I think winning will cure a lot of these in or ailments.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

True enough and I’m not worried about the vets.  But the starters still need to get their team play in synch especially with all of the new guys.  I think winning will cure a lot of these in or ailments.

Our opening schedule is really rough so I agree we need the vets to be on the same page but I think a lot of that can happen once we cut down to 53 and can practice with more specific intent.

One thing I do hope is that we focus on conditioning as much as possible, esp with the big guys.  Mike Lombardi, who is at best 50-50 with his takes did have a really interesting thing to say about the Pats and how they stress conditioning because in September teams are still working to get on the same page, its hot, and many teams arent in shape so you can steal a game just by being in shape in the 4th quarter when its hot.  Seems pretty logical to me and I would hope that we focus on that as much as possible.

54 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Our opening schedule is really rough so I agree we need the vets to be on the same page but I think a lot of that can happen once we cut down to 53 and can practice with more specific intent.

One thing I do hope is that we focus on conditioning as much as possible, esp with the big guys.  Mike Lombardi, who is at best 50-50 with his takes did have a really interesting thing to say about the Pats and how they stress conditioning because in September teams are still working to get on the same page, its hot, and many teams arent in shape so you can steal a game just by being in shape in the 4th quarter when its hot.  Seems pretty logical to me and I would hope that we focus on that as much as possible.

Agree. It’s funny because how many times have we seen how successful teams are those that can still bring it at the end.  We’ve seen it with the junction boys and just about any champion basketball team where the starters were playing for 45 minutes per game.  And Lombardi is right in teams being able to steal some early games.