Jets Part Ways With Nasirildeen and Hall, add Pair of Veteran Linebackers

Written by Glenn NaughtonHamsah-Nasirildeen.jpg

Suddenly alarmingly low at linebacker after several injuries depleted an already thin unit, the Jets have parted ways with a pair of unproven players in exchange for some veteran camp bodies.

We've signed LB Nick Vigil and LB Sam Eguavoen.

Additionally, we've released LB Hamsah Nasirildeen and LB Maalik Hall.

📰https://t.co/dkw9WZFOcu pic.twitter.com/xSbN79WB3u

— New York Jets (@nyjets) August 6, 2023

Hamsah Nasirildeen, who was already on the roster bubble and undrafted rookie free agent Maalik Hall were shown the door as the Jets brought in Nick Vigil and Sam Eguavoen, formerly of the Arizona Cardianls and Miami Dolphins respectively.

Vigil is the more seasoned of the two, having played in 89 career games (53 starts) with the Cardinals, Vikings, Chargers and Bengals.  Meanwhile Eguavoen started 7 games over four seasons with the Dolphins.  he started 7 games and picked up 71 tackles and 16 QB hits for Miami.

The Jets got solid performances out of 53-man roster hopefuls Chazz Surratt and undrafted rookie Claudin Chereuls, but reinforcements were still needed and have now arrived.

The post Jets Part Ways With Nasirildeen and Hall, add Pair of Veteran Linebackers appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1

Some veteran depth ain't a bad thing, even if neither of these guys are here to replace Sherwood.  As much as I actually like Sherwood, it was pretty clear that having nothing but unproven late-drafted kids backing him up was going to be dangerous.  They're obviously not going to cut Barnes right after drafting him(and by all accounts they're very high on him), so Nas seemed like the obvious choice to get bounced.  Wouldn't be surprised if Vigil sticks on the 53. 

6 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Some veteran depth ain't a bad thing, even if neither of these guys are here to replace Sherwood.  As much as I actually like Sherwood, it was pretty clear that having nothing but unproven late-drafted kids backing him up was going to be dangerous.  They're obviously not going to cut Barnes right after drafting him(and by all accounts they're very high on him), so Nas seemed like the obvious choice to get bounced.  Wouldn't be surprised if Vigil sticks on the 53. 

Zaire Barnes scouting report.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/zaire-barnes-olb-western-michigan-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/

52 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Thanks.  You have any others you want to send me?

Lol, sorry if I forced this on you.  I honestly forgot we drafted him and looked up the details for myself.  Figured I'd post it for anyone else in the same boat that I was.  

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Lol, sorry if I forced this on you.  I honestly forgot we drafted him and looked up the details for myself.  Figured I'd post it for anyone else in the same boat as I was.  

lol no my apologies.  I don't know why I interpreted your post as "look how sh*tty this guy is".  My years of being a Jet fan always has me assuming the negative....hopefully that ends this year finally

200w.gif

• Upvote 2