The Jets have waived QB Chris Streveler

That's not surprising.  He looked horrible Thursday night.  He looked better last year in preseason.  He played loose and free last year, and sparked the team with his running, and even his passing attempts looked better, although still not very good.  On Thursday night it looked like he had either been ordered not to run or was afraid to, and I think that perhaps many of us (and I'm 69 years old) could have looked better throwing the ball and been more accurate than he was.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am not that far behind you, but I would be lucky to look like this guy.

Football Photo Shoot GIF - Football Photo Shoot Fail - Discover & Share GIFs

LOL I think you're just being modest.  I used to have a pretty strong, accurate arm.  It's a shadow of what it used to be, but I couldn't get over how bad Streveler's arm looked on Thursday night.  I wonder maybe if he had an arm or shoulder injury.  He looked better throwing the ball last year.

He will hang around waiting for an NFL call before going back to the CFL I would guess.  Just wait for the inevitable injures that always occur.  I was going to ask where johs johnson was but seems he is in baltimore.

You'd think we would still need a camp arm for the rest of camp no?   I wonder if we will be bringing anyone in.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He will hang around waiting for an NFL call before going back to the CFL I would guess.  Just wait for the inevitable injures that always occur.  I was going to ask where johs johnson was but seems he is in baltimore.

You'd think we would still need a camp arm for the rest of camp no?   I wonder if we will be bringing anyone in.

Josh Johnson was playing in the NFC championship game last year lol

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

I wish the dude the best.  He seems like a gamer, just some people aren't built for it.

Hope he can win another grey cup.

I just wanted to see the guy get his NFL pension. I know he was close. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

About friggin' time, now bring in a REAL QB, someone who will fight to earn the backup slot and not be an anointed golden boy

I knew someone would say this. Highly doubtful that the Jets spend either the cap space or -more importantly- the roster spot, on a third QB who might be marginally better than what they have just to sit behind a starter who hasn’t missed a start in five years. They’ll probably bring in a camp arm to compete for the practice squad, though. 

• Upvote 1