Hello Zeke

NY Jets ‘in on’ free agent RB Ezekiel Elliott

With Dalvin Cook still lingering on the free agent market, the New York Jets are reportedly showing interest in Ezekiel Elliott.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2023/08/07/ny-jets-free-agent-rb-ezekiel-elliott/

Look Zeke is def declined but can he fill in till hall gerts back and not completely suck? Yeah Probably, and will get come at a discount? Yeah probably. I do not think this article premise is correct, as I beleive that Joe has gauged interested from all FA RB's and probably sees a path for Z to join the join the jets. Not that is so inclined that he wants him over anyone else, just business, if he were to come and we did not have a better optioin, I am pretty sure Joe has a number for him and thinks that with Zeke we can win more games wiht out him.

All that being said, Zeke being healthy and not fumbling once last year, sure as hell are the positive points! Im still in cook camp but this is not the worst thing. This is def a @slats type of pick up I think, but i dont think we need to wait forever on cook. I rather get a guy in here not that can add to the RB room

• Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 7

18 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Running back is a strength of this team.  0 need to add to the room.

This front office should be putting all resources into finding olinemen and forget about the rb position.  We are stacked there.

I believe none of these reports.  Joe D is too smart to waste time on rbs right now.

hall hurt, remaining backs were not able to be consistent last year. even if strength i like to be stronger.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

really oh man i read the room wrong I thouhgt you be all about zeke and that 4 mil a year deal

Lol, no way. I’d wait and see who gets cut, with my eyes on a couple specific players. I have no interest in a veteran back. 

25 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

This is most likely Zeke's agent trying to drum up interest. 

But it's possibly the Jets trying to get Dalvin Cook to make up his mind.

In the unlikely event the Jets are truly interested in Zeke, it would mean they are DONE with Michael Carter.

2 % 3 spot on. 3 though, done with MC? They signed that mutt James Robinson last season, can never have enough depth, especially where the player gets beat up often.

5 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

hall hurt, remaining backs were not able to be consistent last year. even if strength i like to be stronger.

This. After Breece went down week 7, our current stable of backs just couldn't get it done. I know we drafted that little speedster like in the 17 round or whatever, but I already KNOW our current backs won't cut it while Breece heals up. WE NEED ANOTHER TOP BACK.

i wouldn't hate Zeke on this team. I am going to vote NO, on running our home run hitting RB into the LOS from inside the 5 yard line...coming off a repaired knee. And spare me Bam Knight....we are trying to win a SB...not develop RB's.

Zeke's TD's from last year.

image.thumb.png.cd753c6d4e393788e3789763f415731a.png

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.  

The Jets are in serious need of a high quality RB...

It's actually one of the major holes on this roster right now.  I don't know what Zeke has left - he just turned 28 though so I can see another year of relatively high level play.  

I'm lying if I said I wasn't a fan of the eat with a spoon thing he does. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.  

It's actually one of the major holes on this roster right now.  I don't know what Zeke has left - he just turned 28 though so I can see another year of relatively high level play.  

you think they are going to get a high quality RB when Breece is so close to coming back?

i take it you assume that Breece isn't going to have a good 2H of the year

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.  

Zeke looks like he is running through quick sand while wearing lead boots, but lets sign him because he has a name.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

you think they are going to get a high quality RB when Breece is so close to coming back?

i take it you assume that Breece isn't going to have a good 2H of the year

Expecting Breece to come back and play at the level we saw last year would be highly risky in a year when you believe you're making a run.

Trusting that knee to withstand an NFL season - is like trusting Becton to withstand an NFL season.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

Tire…..kicked 

Howe writes, “The Patriots have remained highly interested in Ezekiel Elliott, and the Cowboys are also in the mix to re-sign the 28-year-old, according to league sources. The New York Jets have also been in on Elliott.”

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Expecting Breece to come back and play at the level we saw last year would be highly risky in a year when you believe you're making a run.

Trusting that knee to withstand an NFL season - is like trusting Becton to withstand an NFL season.  

becton doesn't equal breece - only in your clouded view

i think breece has a good 2h.  

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Zeke looks like he is running through quick sand while wearing lead boots, but lets sign him because he has a name.

Just because he's a name doesn't mean he's bad.  Not sure why Jet fans are so scared of having good players.

He turned 28 last week...

This does not look like quick sand to me....

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

becton doesn't equal breece - only in your clouded view

i think breece has a good 2h.  

Knee injuries are a thing - and there's plenty of history to support an ACL on a RB can be devastating.   It hasn't even been a year.

Maybe he does have a good second half.  I sure hope he does. They have a brutal schedule to start the season - and need to rack up some wins or they're going to miss the playoffs.

I'm not comparing Breece and Becton - just that trusting/expecting either of them to be productive this year would be a major mistake by our GM.

14 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i wouldn't hate Zeke on this team. I am going to vote NO, on running our home run hitting RB into the LOS from inside the 5 yard line...coming off a repaired knee. And spare me Bam Knight....we are trying to win a SB...not develop RB's.

Zeke's TD's from last year.

image.thumb.png.cd753c6d4e393788e3789763f415731a.png

I wouldn't hate it...his inside would compliment Izzy's outside...and Zeke is a really good goal line back...allows us to bring back Breece slowly, not rush him.  As long as he can physically give us 6 solid weeks (by the way we face a gauntlet those first 6 weeks and will need to pound the rock to keep it away from all those great QB's we face)...I'm OK with it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

not afraid of good players, just don't want over the hill running backs. RB is a young mans game. Give the ball to young explosive backs instead of guys falling off a cliff. This would be a terrible move IMO.

I just think the RB's decline argument has gotten a bit out of control.   Yes, most RB's are done when they hit 30.  They lose the quick twitch and are done.  From what I just saw, Zeke still looked plenty explosive to me...

I'm not talking about signing a three year contract - but get him for a year and he's still going to be significantly better than anything we have on the roster other than Breece.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

30 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

that was last year with Zach " load the box cause he cant complete a pass " Wilson at QB.

there will be no loading the box with Rodgers. the RBs are fine.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I just think the RB's decline argument has gotten a bit out of control.   Yes, most RB's are done when they hit 30.  They lose the quick twitch and are done.  From what I just saw, Zeke still looked plenty explosive to me...

I'm not talking about signing a three year contract - but get him for a year and he's still going to be significantly better than anything we have on the roster other than Breece.

what do you make of the difference in YPC between Pollard and Zeke behind the same o-line? how abouts Zeke's YPC trend? Not 100% sure how to describe it but one might go with decline.

zeke.png.997b6d055fa13f25bd78dc1ab84065dd.png

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

what do you make of the difference in YPC between Pollard and Zeke behind the same o-line? how abouts Zeke's YPC trend?

zeke.png.997b6d055fa13f25bd78dc1ab84065dd.png

Eh...he got injured in week 4.

and was tough enough to work through it ---- and then have people like you blindly point to stats.

Elliott hurt the same knee early in the season, taking a hit during a win against the Carolina Panthers in Week 4. Credit Elliott's toughness. The injury turned out to be a partially torn PCL, which Elliott revealed after the season