I don't like joint practices...

I'm torn on them.

On 1 hand I like them, bc at this stage the guys start fighting a lot and fights start happening more frequent. Want to keep that team chemistry positive. Not an offense vs defense hatred from hitting each other for 2 months straight.

On the other hand. Always seems someone gets injured in these practices.

11 minutes ago, PS17 said:

You don’t like anything, to be fair 

Total nonsense.  Only a member of the sunshine squad would say such a thing.

You know, the guys that love every thing about a team that has missed the playoffs for like 13 years.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I know they are 'the thing' these days and we have two coming up but there are often fights (which is okay) but also fringe players that have the chance to try and make a name for themselves and not by bashing their own team mates.  More injury risk if you ask me and either you protect the best players and they do not get enough camp reps or you put them at a bit more risk.

I just don't like them, ...come at me bros.

It's better then more preseason games... Allows big contact without the game pressure 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I know they are 'the thing' these days and we have two coming up but there are often fights (which is okay) but also fringe players that have the chance to try and make a name for themselves and not by bashing their own team mates.  More injury risk if you ask me and either you protect the best players and they do not get enough camp reps or you put them at a bit more risk.

Has a Jets player ever suffered a significant injury (missing regular season games) due to an inappropriate play in any pre-season joint practice session?

If we're discussing risk, we should do it like insurance companies do, with the data in hand, showing that joint practices have statistically higher odds of resulting in serious injury to players than normal non-joint practices or preseason games.  

Otherwise, 

OIP.LUjgK3fZZwJnJbR2XFUqVQHaEd?pid=ImgDe

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It’s the closest thing for your starting QB to see live bullets with out risking injury to the QB.  Teams don’t want to play their QB’s in preseason as much.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

asisde from them being much more beneficial that preseason games and that you could argue is the best prep any team can go through. Injuries suck. 

1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

I'm a fan of the joint practices.

It allows the teams to ramp up intensity and competitiveness in a controlled environment.  We're in an era where there are less preseason games, the starters get less playing time during the preseason, there are fewer organized offseason activities, etc.  Let these guys get some exposure to different players, schemes, operations, etc. while still having the QBs in red jerseys and not being in "full contact" mode.

Basically this. The starters get to go faster

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Has a Jets player ever suffered a significant injury (missing regular season games) due to an inappropriate play in any pre-season joint practice session?

If we're discussing risk, we should do it like insurance companies do, with the data in hand, showing that joint practices have statistically higher odds of resulting in serious injury to players than normal non-joint practices or preseason games.  

Otherwise, 

OIP.LUjgK3fZZwJnJbR2XFUqVQHaEd?pid=ImgDe

WAR > BEER

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

he could have gotten hurt at any practice.  this isn't really a fair point.

Numerous players and coaches have commented over the years that joint practices tend to lead to more fights and injuries. 

I have no idea if there is any data on the subject to back that up, but this has been a common NFL sentiment voiced over the years.