New Bills stadium already 300 million over budget

Matt39

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Please do not look at the oil pipeline they are building in Canada.  Ouch

Is there any public funding for the Bills stadium or is it all private?

that is one of the most epic cost overruns in history.  tens of billions of dollars.

i think they found a animal's nest along the way (a couple of them) - and it cost like 100mm to remove them "appropriately"

The Sphere in LV has been another epic disaster (although nothing like the pipeline).  my guess is this stadium will be 500mm over budget when all is done

• Upvote 2

Every single damn time a large scale project is being constructed extraordinary, over runs occur. Bridges, tunnels, buildings, stadiums - I get that unforeseen things happen but holy sh*t how are the people who underbid and overpromise protected against this crap- $300 million?!

Subways and tunnels - $4 billion  over

what idiot is responsible for initially looking at the plans and estimating costs and then approving. Because this happens every time.

i’m sure the good people of Buffalo will be stuck footing the bill

17 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Thats fair.

was really not trying to be political but understand it came across that way

It’s part of the story though. It’s not really political, her husband is making big $ off of this. Honestly that much taxpayer money getting pumped into Buffalo seems shortsighted. 

2 hours ago, Jetpain said:

Any new stadium build in that area without a dome is terrible decision and extremely short sighted. 

Hell yeah, will not repeat sitting in freezing rain in December as I did last year!

2 Bills fans in the upstate in-law family group I went with went back to their cars at the half as they had enough suffering in the elements. LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

It’s part of the story though. It’s not really political, her husband is making big $ off of this. Honestly that much taxpayer money getting pumped into Buffalo seems shortsighted. 

you are totally wrong on this.   my guess is you just skimmed some partisan news source without doing a bit of thinking and analysis.

first of all he's just an employee of the company - and a GC so while senior his compensation is not hugely variable - nor very high at around 550k a year.

second, this is just one of a hundred facilities they have - so this has no material impact on their revenues.

third, they already have the business at the bills stadium, so this is no incremental revenues.

Fourth, the company isn't even part of the stadium deal/construction.

this is the biggest nothingburger.

it's comical how little people are willing to think for themselves.

and for the record I am not even remotely a fan of the governor and think she's terrible.  But I do have the ability to think for myself.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

you are totally wrong on this.   my guess is you just skimmed some partisan news source without doing a bit of thinking and analysis.

first of all he's just an employee of the company - and a GC so while senior his compensation is not hugely variable - nor very high at around 550k a year.

second, this is just one of a hundred facilities they have - so this has no material impact on their revenues.

third, they already have the business at the bills stadium, so this is no incremental revenues.

Fourth, the company isn't even part of the stadium deal/construction.

this is the biggest nothingburger.

it's comical how little people are willing to think for themselves.

and for the record I am not even remotely a fan of the governor and think she's terrible.  But I do have the ability to think for myself.

550k is not a high salary? Lol. You sound like you’re doing his bidding. To say there won’t be incremental revenue into his and her pockets is delusional.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

550k is not a high salary? Lol. You sound like you’re doing his bidding. To say there won’t be incremental revenue into his and her pockets is delusional.

for a General Council - no it's not a high salary.  frankly it's remarkably low given the revenues.  i would have expected $2MM.

you really didn't respond to any of the points.   just to say something is delusional isn't really a rebuttal - although having a response would require to think about the situation.

and this isn't political as I pretty much hate the governor.  

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

for a General Council - no it's not a high salary.  frankly it's remarkably low given the revenues.  i would have expected $2MM.

you really didn't respond to any of the points.   just to say something is delusional isn't really a rebuttal - although having a response would require to think about the situation.

and this isn't political as I pretty much hate the governor.  

According to data, it says that he's in the top 10% of salaries for "general counsel".