Camp updates 8/10

jbt

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

I still think it will be week 4 to 6 before he even plays a snap. It's what the recovery timeframe looks like.

But that is not the recovery timeline.  Breece has been 100% cleared by Doctors to play.  Coach Slaeh said he has zero restrictions.  We are just going to be a little careful to start camp.

Holding him out for 6 weeks would do nothing for Brece.  HE is recovered already.  Doctors do not clear you if you are not fully healed.

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

16 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

But that is not the recovery timeline.  Breece has been 100% cleared by Doctors to play.  Coach Slaeh said he has zero restrictions.  We are just going to be a little careful to start camp.

Holding him out for 6 weeks would do nothing for Brece.  HE is recovered already.  Doctors do not clear you if you are not fully healed.

Zero restrictions huh? Must have missed his name in all those full team period tweets from the beat guys. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, slats said:

I think what’s clear is that the Jets are being hyper cautious with injuries this year. Garrett Wilson missed a few days of camp for an “injury” that probably wouldn’t’ve removed him from a regular season game. Becton and Brown are both slow rolling to their own pace. Breece is coming back from an ACL. All reports along the way have been glowingly positive with him ahead of schedule the entire time. After all of the injuries last year, they want to do everything in their power to make sure no one important has any setbacks. Breece is one of the most important members of the team. 

Just means they are going to start slow

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I think we’re going to see teams doing more NBA-style load management with the 17 game schedule. Teams can afford to biff a game here and there to preserve their top guys.

They're already treating week 1/2 as preseason games.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

🫠  and against elite pass rusher Solomon Thomas.

What's Solly's season-high for sacks?  3.5?

Joe Douglas' inability to sort out the OT positions is insane. 

The man played the position.  He can get other positions right, but not OT?

JD should figure out who played RT for the Packers when Aaron Rodgers won MVP in 2020 & 2021 and do whatever it takes to get him in here. We've got the cap space now since arod took a pay cut. This isn't hard.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Browning Nagle ended Al Toon's career with the same kind of garbage throws

Yeah, but Nagle threw a beautiful spiral.  I was at a Hofstra training camp his first year.  QBs were warming up.  His velocity and tight spiral stood out.  I was like, here we go.  Ugh 😩.

4 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

Yeah, but Nagle threw a beautiful spiral.  I was at a Hofstra training camp his first year.  QBs were warming up.  His velocity and tight spiral stood out.  I was like, here we go.  Ugh 😩.

I don't know he put it where only he can catch it.  Not his fault the receiver hit the leg of the defender.  If he put it a bit higher and right on him the defender might have blasted him worse.   

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, slats said:

I think what’s clear is that the Jets are being hyper cautious with injuries this year. Garrett Wilson missed a few days of camp for an “injury” that probably wouldn’t’ve removed him from a regular season game. Becton and Brown are both slow rolling to their own pace. Breece is coming back from an ACL. All reports along the way have been glowingly positive with him ahead of schedule the entire time. After all of the injuries last year, they want to do everything in their power to make sure no one important has any setbacks. Breece is one of the most important members of the team. 

Yes, hyper cautious with a long term view.  And that's exactly why he's going to be eased in and not "full go" from Week 1.

Knight, Carter, and Abanikanda are going to hold the fort in the first half of the season while Breece is on a pitch count.  It's also the reason why the Jets have shown any sort of interest in Cook.  If Breece was ready for a full load from the get go, they wouldn't even be considering it.

• Upvote 1

1) the OL has been shuffling around. It’s only practice/camp. They haven’t had many live reps it’s expected to be inconsistent. Once they start gelling I think they’ll be above average. 
2) Bam and Co are definitely capable of holding it down until Breece is 100% ready. Idc if he’s on the PUP for the first 4 games I’d rather be cautious. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, KRL said:

Here's my OLine take, the coach (Carter) may be going through his process
of putting players in positions to see if he can trust them (Mitchell,
Turner).  Or making players earn their spot (Becton), let it play out

Good point, he is a new coach with his own methods... hopefully he can whip this unit into shape...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

I don't know he put it where only he can catch it.  Not his fault the receiver hit the leg of the defender.  If he put it a bit higher and right on him the defender might have blasted him worse.   

Exactly.  It was a great pass by Zach.  With a corner on your hip, that is the spot to throw it to.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I am not going to argue about this.  This Monday, next Monday the latest, Hall will be out there and a full go.

Accept it Jet fans!  Our stud rb is healthy!

If anyone on this board is an ACL tear expert, it certainly is you. Thank you Joe W! Thank you!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, hawk said:

Inclement weather is a part of football, but this was probably the right call.  Too many players trying to make a name for themselves.  

Some guy in the second string gets a rep with the ones on a blitz, goes hard, can't stop or slides into a first string guy knee or something.

I get it's football and rain is a factor but no need to ask for a catastrophe.

Happy Cardcaptor Sakura GIF

5 hours ago, Skeptable said:

They are still practicing just not with Panthers? Why is it wasted?

I think a road practice without all their typical practice equipment they have on their field, without use of their meeting rooms, and their training facility is a drop off from being home.  Yes they will go through the motions and get some work in before they sit around for the day tomorrow which would have been a travel day. I see it as a loss of camp time but in the big scheme of things it wont be the end of the world.  Just would have preferred to stay back in FP if we were only going to have 1 practice in the middle of the week and then sit in a hotel room for next 3 days waiting to play

• Sympathy 1