Kuntz developing blocker

hmhertz

13 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

and with his height & leaps great redzone target. Kick blocking machine.

Flies downfield in kick coverage, with the speed, he has a rocket up his a**.

Has the speed, cone #s arm length to be a pass rushing force off the edge

he is gonna play olb for us now too?? lol

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

and with his height & leaps great redzone target. Kick blocking machine.

Flies downfield in kick coverage, with the speed, he has a rocket up his a**.

Has the speed, cone #s arm length to be a pass rushing force off the edge

Great to see that from a kid with so much potential who never really had that much exp blocking. Looks like a quick study or maybe he's just enough of a great athlete to mke things like this much easier. looking forward to seeing more from him as camp goes on.

• Upvote 3

It wouldn't be pre-season without a classic hmhertz crush on a longshot prospect.

But, actually very impressed with what I have seen from Kuntz so far. His athletic abilities are top-level, and his blocking has been a really pleasant surprise.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, slats said:

Jets should continue to not throw him the football. Keep him under the radar. This is the type of project you want to hold onto. 

Speaking of guys who “got away”, Pinnock looks outstanding for the NYG.

Keeping Ashtyn Davis and Hamsah over him was so stupid.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

They kept Tony Adams over him, let’s see how that works out. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Prepare yourself for Davis to make the team. Which other true FS do we have other than Tony Adams? They’re hard to find. 

7 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

They kept Adams and Davis.  Davis has gotten very little run on D, but has been a core special teamer.  They did not keep Nasrildeen over him.  They cut them both at the same time and I bet they wanted to get them both back on the practice squad.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

They kept Adams and Davis.  Davis has gotten very little run on D, but has been a core special teamer.  They did not keep Nasrildeen over him.  They cut them both at the same time and I bet they wanted to get them both back on the practice squad.

The draft pick is long gone. What matters more is today, is his roster spot again worthy of a pure special teams role? Each year they bring in another group of new young blood that uses special teams to justify a roster spot while they get weaned onto the field on offense or defense. As I've not noticed anything written about Davis at safety this summer, he's going to have to rely upon the incompetence of others as much as anything if he's on the final 53. Shame his instincts on D aren't (or haven't been) there; he sure is fast. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The draft pick is long gone. What matters more is today, is his roster spot again worthy of a pure special teams role? Each year they bring in another group of new young blood that uses special teams to justify a roster spot while they get weaned onto the field on offense or defense. As I've not noticed anything written about Davis at safety this summer, he's going to have to rely upon the incompetence of others as much as anything if he's on the final 53. Shame his instincts on D aren't (or haven't been) there; he sure is fast. 

None of this really relates to what I said.  They kept Davis over Pinnock.  I was a big fan of rhe Pinnock selection, but they didnt keep Nasrildeen over him.  Just Davis and Adams.  They never gave Davis much run on D but Adams didn't get much either and they obviously love him..  

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

None of this really relates to what I said.  They kept Davis over Pinnock.  I was a big fan of rhe Pinnock selection, but they didnt keep Nasrildeen over him.  Just Davis and Adams.  They never gave Davis much run on D but Adams didn't get much either and they obviously love him..  

Nas was kept as a LB prospect.   Pinnock is a safety.   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Just saying he made it through last year but with each passing year he’s got less & less of a handle on that roster spot. Even less so with his salary bump (something that wasn’t a factor with him or Davis last year). 

I think he’s a long shot to make it, absent showing he could contribute even a little on defense.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Just saying he made it through last year but with each passing year he’s got less & less of a handle on that roster spot. Even less so with his salary bump (something that wasn’t a factor with him or Davis last year). 

I think he’s a long shot to make it, absent showing he could contribute even a little on defense.

Agreed.  Amos seems like a solid option but they should expect the 4th s to play specials

53 minutes ago, wediditjoe said:

How does he even make the team with Uzo, Conklin, and Ruckert? Can we auto add him to the PS or another team could claim him? Not sure of the rules there.

He'll probably end up on the Patriots and be the next Danny Woodhead, except even better.

• Upvote 1