Becton is done

Not only in the sack, but in other plays where he was actually challenged, he does not have any faith whatsoever in that knee. In the sack in particular, if you play in slow motion, you can see that he actually limps with that leg, because he does not want to plant his weight on that side. On a different play he throws himself to the grass, and the CAR defender almost kinda just looks at that and just advances toward the QB. 

I have nothing against him as a person, wish him the best in life. But he is not a starter T in the NFL. left or right, he is not a starter. 

Put AVT at LT and forget about it for 10 years. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 12
  • WTF? 2
  • More Ugh 4
  • Haha 3

No what’s was more troubling was the fact that M Becton didn’t even start this game , when most big name starters don’t play in this game.   That was pretty red flag, and I think they were trying to showcase him against guys who will be doing something than playing football .     J

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 3
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

He hasn’t started throughout camp or last week against the Browns, tough guy.

You just concentrate your concern towards replacing Derek Carr with injury prone Derek Carr.

Well you not seeing that a problem , or a cause of concern.    If you think he should be starting Rt don’t you think  he should be playing there.     Or be out there with number1 if you’re counting on him to be starter on the offense line.      Someone looks like they are trying to build his confidence up , or trying to convince someone to trade him playing against scrubs.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

I’m anything but a Becton defender, guy.

I’ve routinely dogged the piss out of him for the last two years over what a fat, thin-skinned slob he’s been and I’m still not remotely convinced that he’s on the Week 1 roster and isn’t traded beforehand.

But he played well tonight and didn’t take himself off the field.

I can give props where they’re due.

Yea, I thought he was fine today as well. He got beat once. All OT's get beat, it happens. First real action in 2 years for god's sakes. Guys around here need to eat a Xanax..

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Larz said:

Saleh said he was proud of Becton 

thanks for self identifying as a hater lol

Not a hater.You will not find any posts from me hating Becton. If he rebounds, that will be great for my team, the Jets. 

if I am wrong in what I saw, that is great. But , clearly different to most or all in here, I saw Becton not being challenged, except for a few critical plays. And it is precisely in those plays, where you see a man that cannot anchor his weight in an entire side of his body. 

51 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Watch him when he is actually challenged by the defense. 

Again, nothing personal against the guy, he's just not the guy.

I watched him in camp avoid lateral movement drills.  

I agree with you.  He’s obviously mentally and physically not over the injury.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Not a hater.You will not find any posts from me hating Becton. If he rebounds, that will be great for my team, the Jets. 

if I am wrong in what I saw, that is great. But , clearly different to most of all in here, I saw Becton not being challenged, except for a few critical plays. And it is precisely in those plays, where you see a man that cannot anchor his weight in an entire side of his body. 

From the all 22 or the broadcast?  

I thought Tippmam was meh on the broadcast in the HOF game and when the all 22 came out it was a clinic. 

It seems like you saw what you were looking for 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Well you not seeing that a problem , or a cause of concern.    If you think he should be starting Rt don’t you think  he should be playing there.     Or be out there with number1 if you’re counting on him to be starter on the offense line.      Someone looks like they are trying to build his confidence up , or trying to convince someone to trade him playing against scrubs.

Raiders suck, run along chump!

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

From the all 22 or the broadcast?  

I thought Tippmam was meh on the broadcast in the HOF game and when the all 22 came out it was a clinic. 

It seems like you saw what you were looking for 🤷‍♂️

I liked Tippmann in the CLE game.

I was over the moon when we drafted Becton. I thought we finally had the next DBrickashaw 

Let's reconvene when we have both watched the all 22. I will admit it if I am wrong.

44 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’m anything but a Becton defender, guy.

I’ve routinely dogged the piss out of him for the last two years over what a fat, thin-skinned slob he’s been and I’m still not remotely convinced that he’s on the Week 1 roster and isn’t traded beforehand.

But he played well tonight and didn’t take himself off the field.

I can give props where they’re due.

^Agree.

• Upvote 1

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Just drove home from work and all the guy on ESPN radio was talking about was how good Zach and Becton looked. 

On NFL Network, Lyons disected the play.  The guard and Becton wern't on the same page, leaving a clear path. 

• Upvote 3