Breece Hall

Do we have any update on him ? He was probably our best offensive player last year but I feel like he's kind of going under-the-radar this offseason (where all we seem to hear about is AR12 and his effect on our offense).  Breece only played 7 games last season so we still haven't seen that much of him.  But what a difference-maker he is (assuming he can regain last year's form).

• Sympathy 1

Although our schedule is really tough to start the season, I wouldnt be upset if we keep him on the pup list.  Its not that I dont think he could be ready - an ACL tear in October is much recovery wise then December, but he is so valuable to this team long term, that anything we can do to ensure he is fully healthy is smart in my opinion.

I think our RBs have shown enough to compensate for him being out of action for the first few weeks,  I just wish we had the Texans mixed in to start the year instead of Buffalo and Dallas.

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

He's ready, the team is going to work him back slowly. I think we start to see him do individual drills this week.

Interesting nugget, the RB on the roster we have now, Dye, who played yesterday, played pretty well, also tore his ACL, similar injury a couple of weeks AFTER Hall did last year. But he's back playing.

Saleh and the team has said all along they just want to make sure Hall is running on all cylinders, confidence wise and that they want to just slowly with him.

Interesting.  Surprised nobody brought this up before.  I guess they don’t care as much about dye long term. Which makes sense 

3 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

f*ck dalvin cook. first of all.....i think abanikanda can be better. second i'd really rather not be forced to root for a woman beating piece of human sh*t

None of that stuff is really confirmed yet. If true, I agree. But we've seen fake accusations before, brah. 

Jets have been playing his return really close to the vest I fell like. RB is one of those positions where you need to be eased back into full contact for 60 minutes.

Just a hunch… no basis, I don’t think we see him for a couple weeks, maybe a week 3 return against Pats.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Interesting.  Surprised nobody brought this up before.  I guess they don’t care as much about dye long term. Which makes sense 

Side note: Dye broke his fibula, with no ligament damage according to him in this interview from March. Given a 3 or 4 month recovery timeline.

https://www.google.com/search?q=travis+dye+injury&rlz=1CAJPEZ_enUS962&oq=Travis+Dye+injury&aqs=chrome.0.0i512l2j0i22i30l8.13869j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:c845338d,vid:CoIRPe7Abqk

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

f*ck dalvin cook. first of all.....i think abanikanda can be better. second i'd really rather not be forced to root for a woman beating piece of human sh*t

I don’t think abikanda is better than cook but he is outplaying Knight and Carter and probably will end up earning the starting gig

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

My prediction for game one:

Breeze Hall: Inactive

Michael Carter: 12 carries

Bam Knight: 7 carries

Izzy: 5 carries

Bam Knight won't be on this roster opening day if Saleh and JD are smart.  He's not good enough (neither is Carter tbqh, as we'll find out if Hall takes a long while to be ready for game action) to keep active, and not good enough a RB to keep over some of our depth at TE or WR.

I expect a full dose of Carter and Izzy week 1 if Hall is still out (and sadly, I agree with you Max, I think he will be out week 1).

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I love Hall as a player but I think it will be another year until he returns to peak form or something close.

(This is usually what happens.)

The Jets have told us as much:

Did any of this stuff come from the Jets? 

— were ready to draft Gibbs at #15

From the Lions trying to calm the frenzy about drafting a scat back #12 overall.

– drafted Izzy

Yes, all 5th round picks are made for need.  They drafted an EDGE in the 1st.  If I recall, that meant that Johnson was a bust, JFM and Lawson were being cut for cap space and Huff was being traded. They said Izzy was in their top 100 players   He was such a need that they traded down from 112 to 120 and then still took another player at 120, waiting until 143 to fill this "glaring need."   

— never ending Dalvin Cook speculation 

From Cook's agent.  Have you heard the Jets squawking about Cook?  Is there any doubt they could actually sign him if they felt he were a need?  They probably made him a reasonable offer and he is holding out for as much as possible and presumably trying skip as much camp as possible. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

A “clean” ACL injury is generally about eight months in the NFL nowadays. Opening day will be close to 11 months since Breece tore his. Every report has been about how perfect and ahead of schedule he’s been. They are being hyper vigilant with injuries this year, erring heavily towards the side of caution. But when the games start, I expect him out there. I have for months now. 

I agree with this, although I’m guessing they keep his touches limited through the BYE. I’d guess he doesn’t get “unleashed” until the second half of the season

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Bam Knight won't be on this roster opening day if Saleh and JD are smart.  He's not good enough (neither is Carter tbqh, as we'll find out if Hall takes a long while to be ready for game action) to keep active, and not good enough a RB to keep over some of our depth at TE or WR.

I expect a full dose of Carter and Izzy week 1 if Hall is still out (and sadly, I agree with you Max, I think he will be out week 1).

This is the most insane post in months and thats saying alot.  Bam and michael carter are really good backs and locks to make this roster. 

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

yeah except we've seen the pictures and the text messages he sent to her after. F*CK HIM

Not gonna get into the pictures thing..........but those have been faked too in the past. 

The text messages I might have to read again tbh. 

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is the most insane post in months and thats saying alot.  Bam and michael carter are really good backs and locks to make this roster. 

Only way Bam is in the roster is if Hall isn't ready week 1. They are not carrying 4 rbs. 

Carter, Knight, and Abanikanda will hold the fort while Breece is eased in. This has been the plan all along.

My hope was that Breece would be active from Week 1, but as we get closer and closer to the start of the season and Breece has yet to take a single snap in camp, I wouldn't be shocked if he starts the season on PUP.

It is what it is. I don't have an issue with the Jets taking a cautious, long term approach.

• Upvote 1