Jump to content

WFAN been killing Saleh


Recommended Posts

Seems to be now multiple hosts saying Saleh “doesn’t look in command” in Hard knocks. They say he looks like a cheerleader unsure of what to think of this team, being totally dependent on Rodgers. They even point to his crow speech how he was reading off his iPad. Personally I don’t know if i agree with this take but it is certain the jury is still kind of out on Saleh. I do respect the culture he has worked to build. His defensive scheme seems to be sticking finally.
 

What’s everyone else thoughts on Saleh after 2 seasons up to now? Is this criticism fair?

  • Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 7
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no doubt he is in command of the defense but my impression is that like Rex he leaves the O mostly alone.   Rodgers and Hackett are running that show.  It will be a grand success or a big fail no in between.

My issue with what has happened with the team is the pandering to rodgers on bringing in certain players.  Now I realize this was probably a must and part of the whole make sure he is happy and going to come here but I'm simply not a big fan of most of the green bay refuges.

No one can convince me that Cobb is a better alternative to a younger more high upside guy or even an older et who is better.

Lazard I'm not a huge fan of, he is not bad but for the price and committeemen to him....

Billy Turner has looked quite bad.

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's always reminded me of Dan Quinn blowing the Super Bowl.  Emotional cheerleader on the sideline celebrating big plays not thinking about the next play.  The game against the lions last year showcased this.  Saleh is my biggest worry about this upcoming year.

  • Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Seems to be now multiple hosts saying Saleh “doesn’t look in command” in Hard knocks. They say he looks like a cheerleader unsure of what to think of this team, being totally dependent on Rodgers. They even point to his crow speech how he was reading off his iPad. Personally I don’t know if i agree with this take but it is certain the jury is still kind of out on Saleh. I do respect the culture he has worked to build. His defensive scheme seems to be sticking finally.
 

What’s everyone else thoughts on Saleh after 2 seasons up to now? Is this criticism fair?

I sort of agree.  He will improve with Rodgers and I LOVE the fact he benched Zach, but he has made a lot of rookie mistakes and has been outcoached a few times   I don't think he is a difference maker. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

 His defensive scheme seems to be sticking finally.
 

 

He turned around the defense quickly, one season of almost being last to almost being first, that with shi**est offense in the NFL...I think he's learning like your buddy JD....Clock management a question...he doesn't hesitate to eject the malcontents  ... I didn't like that he allowed the players to wear their Mike White tee shirts..that was crap..

Eff WFAN, Sal is a loudmouth, Francesca(on his podcast) kills the coaches...

We will see how he does going against coaches like Bellecheat and Andy Reid...

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Seems to be now multiple hosts saying Saleh “doesn’t look in command” in Hard knocks. They say he looks like a cheerleader unsure of what to think of this team, being totally dependent on Rodgers. They even point to his crow speech how he was reading off his iPad. Personally I don’t know if i agree with this take but it is certain the jury is still kind of out on Saleh. I do respect the culture he has worked to build. His defensive scheme seems to be sticking finally.
 

What’s everyone else thoughts on Saleh after 2 seasons up to now? Is this criticism fair?

Sexy AF! 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wasn't long ago fans were demanding a 'ceo' type HC who coaches the whole team, not just this or that. Which means we wanted a HC who wanders the hallways looking for someone to shake hands with.

But it seems every time he addresses the team in those mtg rooms it's just a bunch of rah-rah, nothing definitive. Rex was actually better at it.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a bunch of propaganda-style crap driven by WFAN with the intent only to infuse "FAN" conversation. This is to get people to call into their shows which is probably on the decline as the information age has had an impact on talk radio

This is a bunch of crap because the talking heads at WFAN need to talk about something.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Wasn't long ago fans were demanding a 'ceo' type HC who coaches the whole team, not just this or that. Which means we wanted a HC who wanders the hallways looking for someone to shake hands with.

But it seems every time he addresses the team in those mtg rooms it's just a bunch of rah-rah, nothing definitive. Rex was actually better at it.

We got a CEO HC who doesn't coach any of the team.  He's a shill for the fossil fuel industry.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

What a bunch of propaganda-style crap driven by WFAN with the intent only to infuse "FAN" conversation. This is to get people to call into their shows which is probably on the decline as the information age has had an impact on talk radio

This is a bunch of crap because the talking heads at WFAN need to talk about something.

This!!!  The question is why do people still fall for the scam???  Back when Mike & The Mad Dog were

creating the genre I could understand getting sucked in.  But now after 30+ years???  Wake up

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...