WFAN been killing Saleh

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Can we wait until the team plays games and see how it and Saleh performs?  This kind of commentary (WFAN) is why some of us (and the Jets) opposed the Jets being on Hard Knocks.  

Bingo.  Just opening yourself up to the awful, hot take driven sports media.  It's entertaining to watch as a fan, but the overanalyzing with a negative bias is inevitable.  From a public perspective, absolutely nothing good can come of it.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, jbt said:

gotta dump on the jets in some way

my understanding of WFAN is they don't broadcast the Jets games, their competition does, therefore they are anti-Jets and whatever little coverage they offer will be negative no matter what 

they only talk about the Jets when they are a national story like this i.e. when they have to 

I'm not a big "attack the source" type in debates but WFAN are not in the NY Jets business 

• Upvote 2

It sounds simple, but one of the things I'll look at this season that I put on the coaching staff is to see how much improvement there is over stupid penalties. For years, the Jets have been among the leaders in unforced errors that kill drives (or keep them alive on the other side of the ball). If Saleh and co can clean that up a bit, it's going to make a huge impact. D I S C I P L I N E

• Upvote 3

Saleh is the weakest link. Can Rogers and the defense carry him? We will soon find out.  

But the truth is, we shouldn’t need to find out. We should know our coach squeezes every ounce of talent out of the team. That’s what good coaches do. Not that he needs a HOF QB and a top 5 D to cover for the “nice” coach who all the players love.  They love him, not because he’s a winner, but he’s a nice guy.  

We have a nice guy, but bad coach. I would happily take the opposite. 

• Upvote 1

These local talking heads just need to STFU and let the play on the field dictate how the HC coaches this rebuilt team.  Damn, look at that bookkeeper HC down in Miami...you don't hear the local talking heads down here in South Florida bashing that guy...ever listen to him talk...never mind how he looks.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I have no doubt he is in command of the defense but my impression is that like Rex he leaves the O mostly alone.   Rodgers and Hackett are running that show.  It will be a grand success or a big fail no in between.

My issue with what has happened with the team is the pandering to rodgers on bringing in certain players.  Now I realize this was probably a must and part of the whole make sure he is happy and going to come here but I'm simply not a big fan of most of the green bay refuges.

No one can convince me that Cobb is a better alternative to a younger more high upside guy or even an older et who is better.

Lazard I'm not a huge fan of, he is not bad but for the price and committeemen to him....

Billy Turner has looked quite bad.

That is true of a lot of coaches.   Sean McVay had nothing to do with the defense, especially with Wade in there.

Mike Tomlin took over as a 4-3 guy, and let the DC continue to run the 3-4 for years. 

I agree on Cobb, but for this year it is what it is, and the team's success better not hinge on who our #4 WR is

Imagine the Jets lost 27-0 to the Panthers.  The criticism would be endless with many in the media hitting the panic button.  The team is undisciplined.  The depth is weak.  The Rodgers experiment is going to fail spectacularly.

Instead the Jets won 27-0 so they need to find something to manufacture negativity.  Saleh appears too weak in his 3 minutes of air time on Hard Knocks.  Yeah, let's run with that.  Sounds legit.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Seems to be now multiple hosts saying Saleh “doesn’t look in command” in Hard knocks. They say he looks like a cheerleader unsure of what to think of this team, being totally dependent on Rodgers. They even point to his crow speech how he was reading off his iPad. Personally I don’t know if i agree with this take but it is certain the jury is still kind of out on Saleh. I do respect the culture he has worked to build. His defensive scheme seems to be sticking finally.

What’s everyone else thoughts on Saleh after 2 seasons up to now? Is this criticism fair?

Why am I not surprised that you are one of the last people that spend their time listening to WFAN?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Why am I not surprised that you are one of the last people that spend their time listening to WFAN?

Ratings would say otherwise. My post clearly states I dont agree with the take btw. 

TBH alot more Saleh cricism on here then I expected. 

Seems to be now multiple hosts saying Saleh “doesn’t look in command” in Hard knocks. They say he looks like a cheerleader unsure of what to think of this team, being totally dependent on Rodgers. They even point to his crow speech how he was reading off his iPad. Personally I don’t know if i agree with this take but it is certain the jury is still kind of out on Saleh. I do respect the culture he has worked to build. His defensive scheme seems to be sticking finally.

What’s everyone else thoughts on Saleh after 2 seasons up to now? Is this criticism fair?

If they actually said something this stupid, why me need to post it? 
And ask it’s a fair comment.  

Somehow I doubt anyone said this off of one episode.  

24 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

These local talking heads just need to STFU and let the play on the field dictate how the HC coaches this rebuilt team.  Damn, look at that bookkeeper HC down in Miami...you don't hear the local talking heads down here in South Florida bashing that guy...ever listen to him talk...never mind how he looks.

This sounds like a ratings bonanza for them.

25 minutes ago, DarthVitreous said:

Saleh is the weakest link. Can Rogers and the defense carry him? We will soon find out.  

But the truth is, we shouldn’t need to find out. We should know our coach squeezes every ounce of talent out of the team. That’s what good coaches do. Not that he needs a HOF QB and a top 5 D to cover for the “nice” coach who all the players love.  They love him, not because he’s a winner, but he’s a nice guy.  

We have a nice guy, but bad coach. I would happily take the opposite. 

Yeah, please list all of the HCs in your head who would have won with last seasons QBs?  Because no one would have.  

• Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, Barton said:

Sales has done nothing to show he is a legit head coach. Does he even have input the offensive game plan for the week? He still acts like a defensive coordinator on the sidelines. 

And the remark has nothing to do with what you think of his coaching.  

• Upvote 1

I don’t get the hatred you get for bringing up a topic.

At the end of the day, who cares what others say.  Let that be a rallying cry for the Jets.

Here’s what I’m confident in:

Saleh/Ulbrich in charge of the defense

Rodgers/Hackett in charge of the offense.

Saleh deserves a chance with a real QB.  Yes, he’s a player’s coach with plenty to prove but he helped nab a guy like Rodgers and helped convince him to give back an unprecedented $35M in pursuit of a championship.  He’s also made (promising) bets on guys like Adams & Sherwood, built a nasty D Line, helped build a culture where the Jets are a destination …

Lets give him a chance and ignore the often lazy & sh*tty commentary from the so called experts.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LSJF said:

He turned around the defense quickly, one season of almost being last to almost being first, that with shi**est offense in the NFL...I think he's learning like your buddy JD....Clock management a question...he doesn't hesitate to eject the malcontents  ... I didn't like that he allowed the players to wear their Mike White tee shirts..that was crap..

Eff WFAN, Sal is a loudmouth, Francesca(on his podcast) kills the coaches...

We will see how he does going against coaches like Bellecheat and Andy Reid...

He turned around the defense after getting a potential goat at corner and then a really good one in free agency.  And, as others have pointed out, the jets were scoring so few points that the other teams didn’t have to try that hard.  There might be some truth to it. 
 I’m not a fan of these new age coaches either.  And saleh needs to take a bigger interest in the offense.  This was especially true when milfy was coordinator but really no less true with hackrod running the show.  I think the other newer coaches like shanahan understand the whole game.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I have no doubt he is in command of the defense but my impression is that like Rex he leaves the O mostly alone.   Rodgers and Hackett are running that show.  It will be a grand success or a big fail no in between.

My issue with what has happened with the team is the pandering to rodgers on bringing in certain players.  Now I realize this was probably a must and part of the whole make sure he is happy and going to come here but I'm simply not a big fan of most of the green bay refuges.

No one can convince me that Cobb is a better alternative to a younger more high upside guy or even an older et who is better.

Lazard I'm not a huge fan of, he is not bad but for the price and committeemen to him....

Saleh doesn’t coach either unit.  The defense is his scheme and his DC runs it, calls the plays etc.  

We’re 3 years in and people don’t seem to get he’s not a DC or OC.  

• Upvote 4

I don't care what wfan thinks. They are stirring the pot to get people to call in. 

I have questions about Saleh's coaching but I don't care that he wants to pump up the team with speeches. If he's reading speeches to make sure he gets it right for the camera, like who cares? I care a lot more about how the team looks when it hits the field week one. The more fluff the team creates for Hard Knocks, the less they have to fight over letting them show anything of substance. 

• Post of the Week 1

How quickly we forget. The fact that Rex left the O mostly alone couldn’t be further from the truth….the whole “ground and pound” was forced down our throats. He would prefer to win games 13-10 with the Defense playing lights out. Let the defense win games and have the offense not mess it up. He is the reason why we took the likes of Kyle Wilson and Quinten Coples over Gronk and Alshon Jeffery.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1