WFAN been killing Saleh

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

Wasn't long ago fans were demanding a 'ceo' type HC who coaches the whole team, not just this or that. Which means we wanted a HC who wanders the hallways looking for someone to shake hands with.

But it seems every time he addresses the team in those mtg rooms it's just a bunch of rah-rah, nothing definitive. Rex was actually better at it.

what if, maybe just maybe, the jets don't allow the cameras to fim when Saleh is giving real advice.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, tfine said:

How quickly we forget. The fact that Rex left the O mostly alone couldn’t be further from the truth….the whole “ground and pound” was forced down our throats. He would prefer to win games 13-10 with the Defense playing lights out. Let the defense win games and have the offense not mess it up. He is the reason why we took the likes of Kyle Wilson and Quinten Coples over Gronk and Alshon Jeffery.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yeah the extent of rex caring about the O was to abuse theme very camp and gloat over it and yes yell ground and pound.  As for the actual players and coaching and such he did not give a fig.

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Not a fan of Saleh and he has a lot to prove this year but let's be fair also. I'm sure one of the Ahole talking heads screaming about this is Sal Licata. The guy is a moron. 

Absolutely!  The new wave of WFAN hosts are an embarrassment.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Saleh's style is not really my kind of thing, but I'll happily kiss his baldy head if he brings us success and a Vince Lombardi.

I prefer my football coaches more Parcellsian or Rexish, but I'll convert to the cult of Saleh if he delivers us wins.

Those two were quite different in style. Parcells was a taskmaster, an old school disciplinarian. Rex was a rah-rah guy.

33 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I think we should wait to see how Saleh looks in the remaining 4 episodes of HK and if he doesn't step it up, fire him and the staff before he reads speeches from notes and continues his rah rah style during the regular season.  Replace him with HK star Rex Ryan.  Now let's get a God damn snack! /s

Literally LOL'd.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

His style is seemingly why Rodgers was open to coming here. I’d rather have a happy, motivated Rodgers and a beta head coach than an alpha coach and no quarterback.

Obviously in a perfect world you’d want the alpha head coach and a franchise qb packaged, but that wasn’t in the cards.

What have you done, Braden Mann?!  

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

7-10 with that QB and injuries is pretty good.

but playoffs are expected this year

Hard to judge a HCs ability to coach when in his first year he had no talent to work with and a rookie QB.  His 2nd season was better until QB issues and injuries dragged the team down.  He was 7-3 before the injuries and QB issues took over.  He can coach

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

His style is seemingly why Rodgers was open to coming here. I’d rather have a happy, motivated Rodgers and a beta head coach than an alpha coach and no quarterback.

Obviously in a perfect world you’d want the alpha head coach and a franchise qb packaged, but that wasn’t in the cards.

this right here

Rodgers probably wouldnt be here with a Parcells or Belichick type coach.

remember what Brady said when he went to TB. he was having fun for the 1st time . Rodger looks like he is having fun.

and honestly i dont want Saleh involved with the offense. you got a HOF QB with the OC he won 2 MVPs with. let them do what they do.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

People rarely read my posts anymore since pretzel gate. They just react. 

And I love it....

I loved "pretzel-gate".  The Jets SOJ'd us last year so at least that thread gave us some serious entertainment!  Pretty sure I still read (as well as react to) your posts, btw.

• Upvote 1

First off WFAN is full of a bunch of load mouths these days….sports talk radio is now who can have the most loud and outrageous takes…Robert Saleh has a different coaching style. You don’t have to be the hard ass disciplinarian to be successful. Look at Joe Judge. Also who wouldn’t lean on Aaron Rodgers? The guy in one of the best to ever do it. The offense stunk last year and what’s he supposed to do tell ARod “it’s my way or the highway?” That is such an incredibly dumb take.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

There’s very little to dispute with the roster and the media needs something to push a negative narrative on - everything can’t be sunshine for the team… enter Robert Saleh bashing.

It also creates a nice split and place of argument locally because on the other side you have the Giants, who have what everybody considers a good head coach and coaching staff heading into year 2, but a roster that you can poke holes in. Now you have the two fanbases arguing from their sides of the fence…

In the end, none of these guys actually mean half the things they say and it’s all for the ratings

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Seems to be now multiple hosts saying Saleh “doesn’t look in command” in Hard knocks. They say he looks like a cheerleader unsure of what to think of this team, being totally dependent on Rodgers. They even point to his crow speech how he was reading off his iPad. Personally I don’t know if i agree with this take but it is certain the jury is still kind of out on Saleh. I do respect the culture he has worked to build. His defensive scheme seems to be sticking finally.

What’s everyone else thoughts on Saleh after 2 seasons up to now? Is this criticism fair?

Results talk and bullsh*t walks.

If he wins this year, he'll get extended along with JD.

If he doesn't, they're both gone.

Lets the results drive the future, not WFAN.

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

No offense Kevin, but there are so many questionable things in this post.

1. Who give a crap what WFAN hosts say or think?  

2. Hard Knocks has had one single solitaryepisode and Saleh has been on for what - 5 minutes?  How can you judge him by that.

3. Hark Knocks is entertainment - a TV show.  We are not going to see Xs and Os and true coaching.  

4.You knew HK was going to make Rodgers the story.   Do you really expect a show on Saleh's effectiveness as a coach? If you or anyone else expected a documentary on Saleh and the coaching staff, you will be disappointed. What did we see in past shows from other coaches that made us sure they were good?  Rex Ryan talking about snacks?  Gruden knocking?  Come on

5. I didn't realize that public speaking without referencing notes was a necessary criteria for being a good NFL coach.  I gave speeches and presentations my entire career and I teach college courses and I refer to notes.  It's not uncommon.  In any event, I watched the speech /story again just now and he is NOT reading, for whatever that is worth.

6. Can we wait until the team plays games and see how it and Saleh performs?  This kind of commentary (WFAN) is why some of us (and the Jets) opposed the Jets being on Hard Knocks.  

You’ve been on top of your game recently. I don’t always agree with you, but you make good solid arguments to back up your opinion. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

He turned around the defense after getting a potential goat at corner and then a really good one in free agency.  And, as others have pointed out, the jets were scoring so few points that the other teams didn’t have to try that hard.  

I've never heard this, i'm not buying that as a reason...Rex got Revis and he was considered a Def genius, Bellechick got Brady and was considered the GOAT... I'm not completely sold on Saleh, but he is winning me over,, we will see how he coaches this year and if he's learned anything... Time for him to out coach others

4 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Saleh's style is not really my kind of thing, but I'll happily kiss his baldy head if he brings us success and a Vince Lombardi.

I prefer my football coaches more Parcellsian or Rexish, but I'll convert to the cult of Saleh if he delivers us wins.

I was going to write my own response to the authors thread, but after reading your post, you basically wrote exactly what I was going to write. Saleh's style doesn't do anything for me, but he seems to have the respect of the players, and it's his philosophy regarding continuing to build the defensive line.  I don't think anyone can doubt the ferocity of the D line, and whether you like it or not, Saleh gets most of the credit for implementing that part of the defense.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Seems to be now multiple hosts saying Saleh “doesn’t look in command” in Hard knocks. They say he looks like a cheerleader unsure of what to think of this team, being totally dependent on Rodgers. They even point to his crow speech how he was reading off his iPad. Personally I don’t know if i agree with this take but it is certain the jury is still kind of out on Saleh. I do respect the culture he has worked to build. His defensive scheme seems to be sticking finally.

What’s everyone else thoughts on Saleh after 2 seasons up to now? Is this criticism fair?

The two clowns show? Sal Licata and BT. Please they talk such gibberish.

WFAN?  WFAN???

I doubt the collective group of these "sportscasters" can even spell WFAN.  If you add up the college GPA of all of these morons it would total less than the number of Jets wins in 2022.

Here's a challenge to this group of geniuses.  Get in a room and in three hours create one grammatically correct, coherent, logical sentence.  It won't happen.

Photo of last board of directors meeting at WFAN.

Stooges.jpeg