WFAN been killing Saleh

2 hours ago, LSJF said:

I've never heard this, i'm not buying that as a reason...Rex got Revis and he was considered a Def genius, Bellechick got Brady and was considered the GOAT... I'm not completely sold on Saleh, but he is winning me over,, we will see how he coaches this year and if he's learned anything... Time for him to out coach others

there were some posts that indicated the other teams didn't have to try as hard (or at least use more than vanilla plays) because the jet offense couldn't score points.  as for saleh, this season will be a huge test.  it's one thing to be anointed a championship team, it's something entirely different to keep this team playing at a high level for all 17 games and then into the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

there were some posts that indicated the other teams didn't have to try as hard (or at least use more than vanilla plays) because the jet offense couldn't score points.  as for saleh, this season will be a huge test.  it's one thing to be anointed a championship team, it's something entirely different to keep this team playing at a high level for all 17 games and then into the playoffs.

yeah thats what happens when you have the assest (like the most ass) qb in the league starting for you

I am not a believer in Saleh. I would be thrilled if I am wrong. 

I just can’t understand why people have so much faith in Saleh. What I’ve seen over the past 2 years was mostly unwatchable football.  Some of the worst, and I’ve been a fan for many, many years. 

Honest question, why does anybody have faith in him?  I want to believe. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Seems to be now multiple hosts saying Saleh “doesn’t look in command” in Hard knocks. They say he looks like a cheerleader unsure of what to think of this team, being totally dependent on Rodgers. They even point to his crow speech how he was reading off his iPad.

What’s everyone else thoughts on Saleh after 2 seasons up to now? Is this criticism fair?

he dared to have notes ready to address his roster...how weak; you can criticize Saleh for in-game decisions last season, but this other thing is ridiculous

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Kind of a stretch no? The defense collapsed against the Lions, Jags, and Seahawks from what I remember. 

The defense collapsed against the Jaguars?! Did you even watch that game? Lions had a great offense no? How many points did they score? Sheesh. 

I’m not quite sure what to make of saleh yet.

his manner as a head coach seems to be the exact opposite of what I thought he wa as dc of the 9er’s.

I thought we were getting this fired up in your face football guy.

what he has been is a slogan catch phrase machine and maybe that is by design.

truly I am really confused by him so far.

obviously I want him to succeed but I just don’t know

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, JetsRay said:

What a bunch of propaganda-style crap driven by WFAN with the intent only to infuse "FAN" conversation. This is to get people to call into their shows which is probably on the decline as the information age has had an impact on talk radio

This is a bunch of crap because the talking heads at WFAN need to talk about something.

Have you ever said anything critical of the Jets????  Cheerleading and reality are 2 different things.  There is some truth to what they said.  

With #8, we should see a difference. But to say Saleh hasn't self imploded more than a few times is living in denial.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, DarthVitreous said:

I am not a believer in Saleh. I would be thrilled if I am wrong. 

I just can’t understand why people have so much faith in Saleh. What I’ve seen over the past 2 years was mostly unwatchable football.  Some of the worst, and I’ve been a fan for many, many years. 

Honest question, why does anybody have faith in him?  I want to believe. 

Smoke screen until wins say other wise. He screams, cheers and looks the part. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Seems to be now multiple hosts saying Saleh “doesn’t look in command” in Hard knocks. They say he looks like a cheerleader unsure of what to think of this team, being totally dependent on Rodgers. They even point to his crow speech how he was reading off his iPad. Personally I don’t know if i agree with this take but it is certain the jury is still kind of out on Saleh. I do respect the culture he has worked to build. His defensive scheme seems to be sticking finally.

What’s everyone else thoughts on Saleh after 2 seasons up to now? Is this criticism fair?

I am not a fan of Saleh at all. 

First, he is a "system" guy meaning he wants players to conform to his system rather than adapting the offense and defense to the strengths of the players they have. And he does it to an extreme such as the rotation on the DL.

Second, he prioritized his friendship with the worst OC we have ever had over the development of his QB, even after the season was over.

He dismisses players on personality and treats every one the same. If Parcells was good at anything it was how he tailored the message and coaching to each individual player.

I personally also find his personality phony. He is as much a politician in some ways as he is a head coach.

I am ULTRA excited about the Jets season but I think Saleh and the Rodgers trade is not going to work as so many think it will.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Facts said:

Been saying since the beginning that Saleh is fools gold.

You can always tell a flim-flam man by their catchy quotes and hype-verbiage.

Yeah, sucks when your HC sounds pretty much like ever other HC.  
Because that’s what determines the ability to coach or not

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

According to the "experts" at WFAN, HC must be the alpha male, not the star QB, in order to win big...

Anyone there ever hear of Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning?...

And the hosts get paid for this drivel...

Sean Payton?  Tomlin?  Carrol? Siriani?  Campbell?  

Best yet those who think Rex wasn’t the same way

We can go on.

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I have no doubt he is in command of the defense but my impression is that like Rex he leaves the O mostly alone.   Rodgers and Hackett are running that show.  It will be a grand success or a big fail no in between.

My issue with what has happened with the team is the pandering to rodgers on bringing in certain players.  Now I realize this was probably a must and part of the whole make sure he is happy and going to come here but I'm simply not a big fan of most of the green bay refuges.

No one can convince me that Cobb is a better alternative to a younger more high upside guy or even an older et who is better.

Lazard I'm not a huge fan of, he is not bad but for the price and committeemen to him....

Billy Turner has looked quite bad.

That is nice of you to include Hackett in that group.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Kind of a stretch no? The defense collapsed against the Lions, Jags, and Seahawks from what I remember. 

Were they 7-3?  STs cost them the Lions game.  Defense gave up 19 points vs the Jags.  
Of course going 3 and out over and over again, losing the field position game doesn’t change a game.  

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We’ll probably didn’t hurt that Davis went down & Moore was a non person after his blow up.

Or that Wilson is so good 😊 

At the same time there wasn’t another receiver on the field anybody has to worry about. All eyes in him, every play. Still baffles me. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Saleh's style is not really my kind of thing, but I'll happily kiss his baldy head if he brings us success and a Vince Lombardi.

I prefer my football coaches more Parcellsian or Rexish, but I'll convert to the cult of Saleh if he delivers us wins.

That old style doesn’t resonate with 19-yo pros. We are not them.

8 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Seems to be now multiple hosts saying Saleh “doesn’t look in command” in Hard knocks. They say he looks like a cheerleader unsure of what to think of this team, being totally dependent on Rodgers. They even point to his crow speech how he was reading off his iPad. Personally I don’t know if i agree with this take but it is certain the jury is still kind of out on Saleh. I do respect the culture he has worked to build. His defensive scheme seems to be sticking finally.

Hire Rodgers and fire Saleh after winning the Super Bowl. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, sucks when your HC sounds pretty much like ever other HC.  
Because that’s what determines the ability to coach or not

Ok let’s go by record then.

Oh… that sucks too…

Ok let’s go by most recent results.

Oh… he’s on a 6 game losing streak…

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Saleh's style is not really my kind of thing, but I'll happily kiss his baldy head if he brings us success and a Vince Lombardi.

I prefer my football coaches more Parcellsian or Rexish, but I'll convert to the cult of Saleh if he delivers us wins.

REX and Parcells have little in common.  Parcells authored 3 books, i read 2 of them. He was totally involved and ran the team with an iron fist.  REX????  Old style defense that most OCs figured out,had 2 winning seasons as a HC. He was not that good but all things considered.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Just WIN baby!

10 hours ago, Facts said:

Ok let’s go by record then.

Oh… that sucks too…

Ok let’s go by most recent results.

Oh… he’s on a 6 game losing streak…

And without context, pretty useless. 
Two years of a rebuild that begins with a roster that was torn down and then a  roster torn down through injuries.  
He can coach, the ridiculous how many games has “he” won without the context of no one could or would have won with that lineup is pointless.  

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Those two were quite different in style. Parcells was a taskmaster, an old school disciplinarian. Rex was a rah-rah guy.

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

REX and Parcells have little in common.  Parcells authored 3 books, i read 2 of them. He was totally involved and ran the team with an iron fist.  REX????  Old style defense that most OCs figured out,had 2 winning seasons as a HC. He was not that good but all things considered.  

Yeah, I know they were different.  But they were both really strong personalities who brought instant credibility to the football team.  Parcells took the Kotite team and had me believing they were winning the Superbowl the next season. Rex did similar with a team that was worn down by Mangini's style and turned them into legit SB contenders in his first year, and with an overmatched rookie QB into the bargain.

Neither lasted long as Jets' coaches, but they both raised the bar for the team and made the Jets instantly credible again.

Saleh's Jets are getting there, but that's more about the strength of the roster than Saleh's great coaching, I feel.  Parcells could sign a veteran cast-off and have him playing at a high level as a starter the following week.  Rex could have rolled out me opposite Revis at CB and still schemed up a top-flight D.  Saleh's scheme seems to need 10 top-end Dlinemen to work.

As I said, his style is really not to my taste.  Too many pseudo-philosophical speeches that do nothing for me personally.  But, hey, as I also said - if it leads to wins and a Superbowl trophy, I'll happily be converted.