WFAN been killing Saleh

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

They are hired by weak owners.  All books on business acumen talk about hiring those who can do what you can't. Hire up.  

Woody can't hire well....   chris is worse.

A leaders hire A talent

B leaders hire C talent

• Upvote 1

The slogans and mantras are useless and only make him seem more like a fraud even if he isn’t

Still wonder if he’s too much of a player’s coach 

Have never seen him confront a player or challenge anybody over an idiotic play

Definitely has a more commanding presence than Adam Gase though LOL

Also have to wonder if he’s inferior to his peers from an X’s and O’s POV.  On the spectrum from Ray Handley and Rich Kotite to Vince Lombardi and Bill Walsh, he’s probably somewhere around the mid.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The slogans and mantras are useless and only make him seem more like a fraud even if he isn’t

Also have to wonder if he’s inferior to his peers from an X’s and O’s POV.  On the spectrum from Ray Handley and Rich Kotite to Vince Lombardi and Bill Walsh, he’s probably somewhere around the mid.

His X's and O's seemed fine vs the Bills.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I’ve been saying this since day 1.

You never see Belichick do this bluster BS. Doesn’t need to.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

On 8/14/2023 at 1:09 PM, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

No offense Kevin, but there are so many questionable things in this post.

1. Who give a crap what WFAN hosts say or think?  

2. Hard Knocks has had one single solitaryepisode and Saleh has been on for what - 5 minutes?  How can you judge him by that.

3. Hark Knocks is entertainment - a TV show.  We are not going to see Xs and Os and true coaching.  

4.You knew HK was going to make Rodgers the story.   Do you really expect a show on Saleh's effectiveness as a coach? If you or anyone else expected a documentary on Saleh and the coaching staff, you will be disappointed. What did we see in past shows from other coaches that made us sure they were good?  Rex Ryan talking about snacks?  Gruden knocking?  Come on

5. I didn't realize that public speaking without referencing notes was a necessary criteria for being a good NFL coach.  I gave speeches and presentations my entire career and I teach college courses and I refer to notes.  It's not uncommon.  In any event, I watched the speech /story again just now and he is NOT reading, for whatever that is worth.

6. Can we wait until the team plays games and see how it and Saleh performs?  This kind of commentary (WFAN) is why some of us (and the Jets) opposed the Jets being on Hard Knocks.  

There has to be some measure of anxiety and dissatisfaction at all times in here. Therapists call it a “warm blanket of discontent.” 

2 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

There has to be some measure of anxiety and dissatisfaction at all times in here. Therapists call it a “warm blanket of discontent.” 

Jets fans warrant this you cant suck for 50 years and expect fans to not be discontent.   We haven't drafted a real QB since K O’Brien. 

Thats 1983.   

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

So WFAN put this out there today:

https://x.com/wfan660/status/1692631199657975958?s=46&t=6QDKQZXBf6wnk1H5v4oM9A

Small problem.

Saleh was at practice yesterday.  He did a press conference and everything.  Do these guys even do one iota of fact checking before putting stuff like this out there?  Sports radio is so bad now dude.  WFAN being the absolute worst of the bunch.

Unreal that ESPN 1050 hasn’t done an ounce of introspection to figure out why they get trounced in the ratings by the FAN’s collection of dudes who, ten years ago, wouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a microphone at that station. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Unreal that ESPN 1050 hasn’t done an ounce of introspection to figure out why they get trounced in the ratings by the FAN’s collection of dudes who, ten years ago, wouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a microphone at that station. 

Speaking only for the afternoon slot, lagreca is good - he sometimes goes to the rant stuff for ratings but typically he is knowledable and likeable.

kay is a buffoon. Knows the Yankees period. Just come across not likeable.

rosenberg goes to politics too much and we all would probably agree that does not belong on sports radio.

so even a bad collection of tiki. Evan and that Sean guy who does not shut up will still beat them

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Small problem.

Saleh was at practice yesterday.  He did a press conference and everything.  Do these guys even do one iota of fact checking before putting stuff like this out there?  Sports radio is so bad now dude.  WFAN being the absolute worst of the bunch.

How can anyone listen to that? It's even worse to look at, lol. Tiki the scab

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

Speaking only for the afternoon slot, lagreca is good - he sometimes goes to the rant stuff for ratings but typically he is knowledable and likeable.

rosenberg goes to politics too much and we all would probably agree that does not belong on sports radio.

so even a bad collection of tiki. Evan and that Sean guy who does not shut up will still beat them

The ESPN morning show with Rick DiPietro is pretty good, but it crashes hard with Carlin and Canty, who are both absolute wet blankets. Agreed that they killed the Kay show by adding Rosenberg, but they were desperate for someone to distract from Kay’s lack of charisma. As for Tiki, he—like Keyshawn—is a pariah on this market among the fans those stations are trying to target. What’s the point in putting them on the radio? Are they going to give Jamal Adams a show when he retires in a few weeks?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Small problem.

I guess Ronde got all of the brains, as well as more of the talent.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I was shocked when Tiki got moved up to the primetime spot. He’s never been good, at all. So it’s no surprise that he’s not off to a good start in the afternoons

My guess is they will go back to beningo and Evan at some point.

this show is terrible.

the guy they moved to nights - Big Mac had talent - sounds a bit too much like Francesca but he is good

On 8/15/2023 at 6:15 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Parcells was all about t-shirts with slogans 

Way too early to tell, but this team just look dominant in the 2 games I have seen; this is especially true for the D. Now, it is just pre-season so it doesn't matter, but I haven't seen a Jets team look this good in preseason for the longest time. So, I don't care about the Matra's or the mentalist that came in (if the Jets beat SF 31 21 in the SB I will be impressed). I just want to win.

If the Jets win, make it deep into the playoffs and .... I don't care if he dresses as a chicken or clown. And more to the point, who the hell cares about what WFAN says. They are trying to get ratings - nothing to see here.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Small problem.

• Haha 4

On 8/15/2023 at 6:15 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

im not sure anybody confronts players in public anyway. not unless you got some rings on your finger.

its a players league now and they want players coaches. the days of Parcells and Belichick who crack the whip are gone. 

Tony Soprano told Meadow.

Bill Parcells' guys can't stand him,
till they start to win.

but if you dont win they hate you and dont want to play for you. thats why the college coaches have such a hard time in the NFL. they cant talk to NFL players like they do college kids. thats why Mangini failed. he came from the Parcells/Belichick tree. he thought he can act like them without any rings.

13 hours ago, Trotter said:

Politics are fine as long as they’re not woke like that hump rosenberg 

On 8/15/2023 at 6:36 PM, Facts said:

I’ve been saying this since day 1.

You never see Belichick do this bluster BS. Doesn’t need to.

This is one of the most moronic things you've said to date.  Not one single coach in the NFL mimics BB's unique style.  Not one.  And those apples who fell from his tree that tried to do the same have all failed. Miserably. Every one of them. 

I have to say... your posts show limited reasoning skills and are motivated by one purpose: for you to incite.  You are a troll and probably not a fan of the Jets.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 8/14/2023 at 12:18 PM, kevinc855 said:

Seems to be now multiple hosts saying Saleh “doesn’t look in command” in Hard knocks. They say he looks like a cheerleader unsure of what to think of this team, being totally dependent on Rodgers. They even point to his crow speech how he was reading off his iPad. Personally I don’t know if i agree with this take but it is certain the jury is still kind of out on Saleh. I do respect the culture he has worked to build. His defensive scheme seems to be sticking finally.

What’s everyone else thoughts on Saleh after 2 seasons up to now? Is this criticism fair?

Eat crow. They better win or he’ll never live down that crow speech. He should have used the robin speech. 

I'm not a fan of the FAN rarely listen to it anymore. But Saleh has to win this year by win I mean make the playoffs. His won loss record did increase by 3 games to 7 last season but that includes a second half slump that took us out of any contention. He has to take some blame for that it wasn't only ZW.