Rodgers clutches calf, Cimini reacts (Rodgers continues practice session)

• Aaron Rodgers suffered an apparent calf injury during Tuesday’s practice.
    Rodgers was seen clutching his left calf after throwing an interception in practice. He continued to play, struggling to complete passes for the remainder of the practice session. Rodgers missed time in OTAs due to a right calf issue. His health will be paramount to the Jets, who will surely exercise extreme caution with their 39-year-old QB.
    8m ago
    Source: Rich Cimini

•  
  • Ugh 1

sigh...

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

Rodgers must be OK because he’s not getting any medical attention. He’s jogging back on the field for another period.

Connor Hughes @Connor_J_Hughes

Subsequent red zone period much better. After a first-down sack, Rodgers found Michael Carter in flat for nice gain, then Garrett Wilson for a TD. He & Wilson also connected for a two-point conversion. #Jets

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

sigh...

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

Rodgers must be OK because he’s not getting any medical attention. He’s jogging back on the field for another period.

Connor Hughes @Connor_J_Hughes

Subsequent red zone period much better. After a first-down sack, Rodgers found Michael Carter in flat for nice gain, then Garrett Wilson for a TD. He & Wilson also connected for a two-point conversion. #Jets

I edited the topic title

2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I always clutch a body part after throwing an interception.  Then, I say it wasn't my fault and blame it on the injury. 

It's nice to know Rodgers pulls the same stuff we pulled in the park.  How many times did I limp back to the huddle after a drop.  Every time.  

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

• Aaron Rodgers suffered an apparent calf injury during Tuesday’s practice.
    Rodgers was seen clutching his left calf after throwing an interception in practice. He continued to play, struggling to complete passes for the remainder of the practice session. Rodgers missed time in OTAs due to a right calf issue. His health will be paramount to the Jets, who will surely exercise extreme caution with their 39-year-old QB.
    8m ago
    Source: Rich Cimini

•  

Panic Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bitonti said:
the worst part of 2023 will be when the coaches call for Zach Wilson to play QB due to a Rodgers injury
he's 40 of course he's getting hurt. 

... the worst time for some will be when Zach enters the game, plays lights out and then is relegated to the bench again having to wait at least a year to take command of the franchise for another 15 years.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie
  • WTF? 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's hot.  People get cramps when it's hot and they're exerting.

Not every 'clutch' is an injury.

Every time my son went down during the early season in high school I waited for  the trainer to run out lift his leg and push down on his foot. “ whewww. Big bastard just cramping , Hercules, Hercules,Hercules!” 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's hot.  People get cramps when it's hot and they're exerting.

Not every 'clutch' is an injury.

This absolutely warrants being brought up.   
He’s almost 40 and pulled muscles are likely to be more commonplace.  
These guys report every complete pass.  Their 40 year old QB grabbing his calf and limping is and should be a real concern.  

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

These guys report every complete pass.  Their 40 year old QB grabbing his calf and limping is and should be a real concern.  

He's not 40, he's 39, and Cimini is a hack. 

54 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If you say so Doc.

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If you say so Doc.

Just to check if I understand this..

It's your belief that it's more relevent to report on virtually every incompletion from the back up QB than it is to report about your 40 year old QB limping with an injured Calf?

I'm no fan of Cimini but, IMO, a potential injury to Rodgers is a legitimate discussion point.