SF would give us Trey Lance for ZW in a heart beat.

rtnelson

Just now, jgb said:

And I’d rather have a dog turd on my lawn than a pile of elephant dung. But in either case, I’d still be scooping up sh*t.

With guys that open I think Zach would make a throw.  The perfect ball?  Nah.  But I bet dudes would be making catches.  Have you watched this film?

Just now, rtnelson said:

With guys that open I think Zach would make a throw.  The perfect ball?  Nah.  But I bet dudes would be making catches.  Have you watched this film?

No. I also don’t sit by the window with a bowl of popcorn when the garbage truck comes around.

• Haha 3

TBH I think 9ers where hoping for ZW when they traded up to #3. I think they thought we might go with Justin Fields or MacDaddy. Trey was their b/u plan, although I recall JoeD going to Trey's day and Trey looked fantastic (as a specimen). 

Anyhow, it's hard to see how any org would give up 3 1st round picks for any QB in that draft not named Trvor Lawrence.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

No. I also don’t sit by the window with a bowl of popcorn when the garbage truck comes around.

That is certainly apt for this QB.  However this is a decent film study in how the Shanahan offense makes things easy on the QB if you skip over all of the ways to say "just throw the ball."

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

TBH I think 9ers where hoping for ZW when they traded up to #3. I think they thought we might go with Justin Fields or MacDaddy. Trey was their b/u plan, although I recall JoeD going to Trey's day and Trey looked fantastic (as a specimen). 

Anyhow, it's hard to see how any org would give up 3 1st round picks for any QB in that draft not named Trvor Lawrence.

With this breakdown in the offense all you have to do is not be scared to throw the ball.  I'm not sure Zach would be hesitating to throw and I bet he is accurate enough to where the dudes come down with it.

Of course it won't always look like preseason out there.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

That is certainly apt for this QB.  However this is a decent film study in how the Shanahan offense makes things easy on the QB if you skip over all of the ways to say "just throw the ball."

There is a greater chance that in three years, Lance is a Jet and Zach is a 49er than the reverse. It’s almost unprecedented (I am not aware of any contrary examples but I concede a smattering may exist) for a 1st round bust QB to sign a second contract with the team that drafted him.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Wit said:

Why would you trade trash for trash? Zach has a way better ability to at least garner more picks with his crazy arm talent and now learning from Rodgers in a controlled setting. He also has PLAYED football. Lance hasn't played, look what that has done to Deshaun Watson....

With all due respect I exited the thread after reading this post because it says it all.  End thread.  

1 minute ago, FootballLove said:

It was quite refreshing watching a breakdown of a starting QB who's worse than ZW. 

I wish we had traded down with SF and taken Lance. Sure, he looks bad but at least we'd have a nice consolation prize of picks.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jgb said:

I wish we had traded down with SF and taken Lance. Sure, he looks bad but at least we'd have a nice consolation prize of picks.

Or JD coulda traded down and used ALL those top picks on skill players and just kept Sammy. We'd have at least made the POs the last 2 seasons. Ahhh....what might have been.

6 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Or JD coulda traded down and used ALL those top picks on skill players and just kept Sammy. We'd have at least made the POs the last 2 seasons. Ahhh....what might have been.

Yeah, but JD got a pretty outrageous ripoff haul for Sammy, too -- part of which resulted in Breece. Probably should've rolled with a bridge vet that year and stacked the skill positions as you suggest and that @Jetsfan80 and I called for at the time.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FootballLove said:

inst that crazy how they can trade 3 1st rd picks and still be a SB contender.

that is one well run franchise. 

that kind of trade would sink 90% of the league.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My most libertarian take is that NFL teams should be allowed to cut every player drafted in the Covid year without incurring any dead money against the cap. 

What a progressive. Teams should be allowed to contract SpaceX to launch them into the Sun.

Hey, did you hear that Maccagnan is invested in SpaceX?? He said he hopes to go on the first manned mission to the Sun. Elon told him very politely that the surface of the Sun is 6,000 K and he’d burn up before he got close. Macc said, “Yeah, that’s why we should go at night.”

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Facts said:

SF: We will trade you our turd sandwich for your poop burger.

Jets: How about we just cut both players?

*Both teams nod in agreement*

This made me laugh and also wonder whether there is also a logdog to complete the set

• Haha 1

Zach has a lot more playing time and starts than Lance has had. So if Lance had 22 starts would there be any improvement. I wouldn't count him out yet even though reportedly he's played poorly in pre-season and in practice. But another poster was correct when he said that so far Lance is a bigger bust for the 49ers than Zach has been with the Jets. Only because they traded so much to get him and the Jets didn't have to trade up even though they could have dealt the pick for multiples.

• Upvote 1