Breece still looks fast

Facts

3 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Watching this today and no one on the defense wants to touch him. He had a run straight down the middle that everyone on defense backed off. Can’t go on anything that’s happening in todays camp. No one is going to go near him. 

Right. As much as I want Breece back for Week 1, they are not gona go near him tho. 

Personally I think its smart to shelve him to October now that we have cook. If we are truly blaming deep into January nothing wrong with making sure hes 150% before he starts getting hit by some very large men.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Right. As much as I want Breece back for Week 1, they are not gona go near him tho. 

Personally I think its smart to shelve him to October now that we have cook. If we are truly blaming deep into January nothing wrong with making sure hes 150% before he starts getting hit by some very large men.

Bills 

Cowboys

Cheaters

Chiefs

Sean Payton 

Eagles. 

all hands on deck and start fast. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA.  Classic!

Just trying to help.

to be fair you have had your share of misses (Zach last preseason for one) but so have the rest of us.

at least you have not started or contributed to the doom and gloom threads of the past few days.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

4D chess move....

- Breece misses 9 games last year

- Short term IR Breece for first 4 weeks this year

- Would mean he'd only need to miss 4 more games over the next 3 years in order to miss out on the 3 accrued seasons needed to hit Free Agency.

Meaning the Jets can slap him with the 1st round RFA tender for year 5 instead of using the franchise tag. Now you'd obviously want to work out a long term deal but not having to use the franchise tag would be massive.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

4D chess move....

- Breece misses 9 games last year

- Short term IR Breece for first 4 weeks this year

- Would mean he'd only need to miss 4 more games over the next 3 years in order to miss out on the 3 accrued seasons needed to hit Free Agency.

Meaning the Jets can slap him with the 1st round RFA tender for year 5 instead of using the franchise tag. Now you'd obviously want to work out a long term deal but not having to use the franchise tag would be massive.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

I'll go out on a limb and say there is no way the Jets are stashing Breece on short term IR until October. He's practicing on August 17. I have to think he's more than likely playing (probably on a pitch count) week 1. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not concerned at all about Breece's straightline speed.  Its the first time he needs to count on that knee for a hard change of direction and the psychological hill that he has to clear that concerns me.

It's a big reason why a very, very high % of backs with his injury see a significant downtick in production the year AFTER such an injury.

No one should panic if he isn't the same guy until late this season or 2024.  This is a marathon, not a sprint.

Exactly. Straight line not the big test here. Take it slow big dog we need you for the long haul.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I tried to send him a private message after Cook signed asking him to create a thread stating the Jets will not win the Superbowl this year but he has private messages disabled or me blocked. 

Apologies for the delayed response.

was cleaning the coffee I spit out on the keyboard reading your post

well done

2 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

100 predictions and 1 might finally be right.....lol

Look at it this way.

his percentage is right there with the majority of the Mets hitters with runners on base - except he is not getting paid millions to be wrong.

I will keep fond in my heart the zach prediction during the pre season game when he got hurt.

classic joe w namath

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

A lot of you may not want to hear this but @Joe W. Namath is the Nostradamus of this board

After that five will not put out the flock,  (Something to do with flocking sheep)
A fugitive for Penelon he will turn loose: (Bob Kraft in the Korean rub and tug emporium - see above)
To murmur falsely then help to come, (happy ending - see above)
The chief will then abandon the siege. (Andy Reid invoking the mercy rule after the Jets go up by 42 points in AFC CG)
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Barry, I had you on ignore.  You are back in my good graces now.  Behave yourself.  Joe W. Ignore list is not the place to be.

Let me guess, he insulted your beliefs by mentioning a number other than 0% or 100%.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

For anyone 40 or older you have to agree that the fact that he's already cutting is so preposterous. ACL used to be a 2-3 year ordeal really not that long ago. Now less than a year you're back on the field and moving laterally. Just nuts. Smart people rock.

I injured my knee napping in a recliner.  

I haven’t been able to quickly change directions for years.

• Haha 3