Pretty interesting podcast breaking down the AFC East

T0mShane

1 minute ago, doitny said:

i hope its just getting the kinks out. 

Remember to that a new offense being installed and there's been many miscommunications between QB and WR. Plus since it's only practices, new things are being worked on and taking risks that you wouldn't in real games. I'm not worried

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, KRL said:

When Rodgers and Hackett teamed up (2019-2021) his averages were:

67%  Completion
4138 Passing Yards
37   TD
4    INT
2    MVP

So exactly where are the "red flags" when they have control of an offense???
If they want to "love" on MIA and doubt the Jets that's fine, but don't lie 

Facts GIF by Judge Jerry

The good news is that Robert Mays’ Jets deep dive (with Rosenblatt) hits tomorrow. If nothing else, it’s a fun listen because Mays will have done more journalistic investigation into the Jets franchise in one afternoon than Rosenblatt or Hughes has accomplished in the past eight months. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Neither of those numbers account for rushing yards. Which for both Allen and Tua are expect to be substantive. 

I don’t think it’s strange to point out that a year in which we might see the best QB performance in Jet history will likely also be the 3rd best in the division.  

Doesn’t mean those teams will be better or worse - just an interesting data point. 

If the Dolphins are going to encourage Tua to run after the concussions that he has already had, its going to be Mike White by game 4.

I personally think Tua s rushing totals are going to be pretty underwhelming.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

If the Dolphins are going to encourage Tua to run after the concussions that he has already had, its going to be Mike White by game 4.

I personally think Tua s rushing totals are going to be pretty underwhelming.

If that Dolphins OL is as bad as is being reported, the Dolphins might end up shelving Tua at some point to avoid another concussion news cycle. 

10 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm not sure how to explain the concept of 'being in control' to a grown ass adult. You're gonna have to figure that part out on your own.

Hackett has been an offensive coordinator where he did call the offense and designed the offense.

Rodgers has said in the past that he has had a lot of say in the offense and has made the decisions at the line whether to go with the called play or change it. 

Each one has had a great deal of control over their offenses in the past. 

I understood the concept. I was asking when that had happened in the past 

anyway, I get it, but I just think Rodgers is gonna do what he wants anyways so it’s all really about Rodgers. Hackett controls play design but Rodgers is either gonna ball or he isn’t 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The good news is that Robert Mays’ Jets deep dive (with Rosenblatt) hits tomorrow. If nothing else, it’s a fun listen because Mays will have done more journalistic investigation into the Jets franchise in one afternoon than Rosenblatt or Hughes has accomplished in the past eight months. 

Podcast? What’s it called?  

I would love to listen - 

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Podcast? What’s it called?  

I would love to listen - 

Jets coverage starts at 23:00. 

For background, Mays didn’t even visit the Jets last year. He’s not a Jets hater, per se, but he’s very heavy into stats and capology, and as a result he’s historically been deeply, understandably skeptical of the Jets franchise. Of all the talking heads out there, I think he’s the most even-keeled. He’s not a Barnwell-esque clown looking for approval from the rest of his geek hipster media cohort. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-athletic-football-show-a-show-about-the-nfl/id1528622068?i=1000624954514

• Upvote 1

On 8/18/2023 at 4:19 PM, T0mShane said:

If Rodgers produces 65%, 32 TDs, 10 INTs, and stays healthy, it’d be the best Jets QB season ever. 

It would be the best Jets QB season ever even if he dies on the field after he produces those numbers

• Haha 2

On 8/18/2023 at 10:08 AM, slimjasi said:

I think the Pats are underrated and will be more competitive than people think. They have a terrific defense and will be more efficient on offense this year with an actual offensive coach running the offense. JuJu and Gesicki will have good years and Mac Jones will be better than he was last year. They have the worst QB in the division for a change, so that will be a big adjustment for them and will ultimately mean they finish last place, BUT I see them hovering around 0.500 and finishing something like 8-9 or 9-8, generally being a tough out, and not being anything close to the laughingstock some people are predicting. I’d give them a puncher’s chance at winning 10 and getting a wildcard. 

Agree with this, especially the “tough out” stuff.  I think they finish 4th place in the division but win a bunch of games and give very one a hard time. Week 3 scares me to be honest. Really, really want to end this losing streak against them.

• Upvote 1

On 8/18/2023 at 9:28 AM, T0mShane said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-athletic-football-show-a-show-about-the-nfl/id1528622068?i=1000624851567

If you have the time and inclination, these guys do a pretty good job breaking down the AFC East. A little long, but really paints a good picture of what the Jets are facing. 

Summary if you don’t want to listen:

1. Jets are promising, but a definite wait and see. Red flags around Rodgers and Hackett unilaterally controlling the offense, because both have a checkered history when given too much control. 

2. They’re nerds, so they’re titillated by the Dolphins. They handle it somewhat objectively, but give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to injuries.

3. very high on the Bills, low low on the Pats. 

Oh, you mean the established, consensus opinion the rest of the media is saying?

Refreshing take!

• Upvote 2