If you could guarantee health all season for 3 Jets, which ones would you choose?

Rodgers is the duh, probably should have asked excluding Rodgers but otherwise I'd say Q.Will, AVT and Mosley, mostly because they play positions where they expose their body more then say Wilson or Sauce.  AVT you saw the regression last season and Q. Will too when he was out or limited and there is zero depth beyond Mosley. 

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

AVT is a very good, versatile lineman but the only reason things fell apart when he went down last year is that we already had so many injuries on the o-line. Like our top 4 OT's were injured. You can afford to lose a top guard when the backup (at this point) is probably McGovern who gives you average G play.

AVT glues the OL and I think it's a concensus amongst the fans.

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

yea a lot of y'all are traumatized from last year when we lost 12 starting o-linemen. I explained why I think we could afford to lost him, not that I'd want to.

It's all subjective at this time, but let's hope that AVT stays healthy. I do have high hopes for Tippmann and he will be a future anchor of this team as well. We just can't afford losing AVT at least until the OL syncs. 

Duane Brown, Becton, Carl Lawson

There are certainly better players on the Jets.  But these 3 have an injury history.  Want to guarantee their health and take a chance on the others.  They all have better odds of avoiding injury.

Rodgers, AVT, Sauce. 

I don't think the defense is anywhere close to as good without the ability to shut down the WR1. Need more guys in coverage without Sauce. Totally changes the defensive plan.

Rodgers, QB obviously.

RG isn't as critical as the other two but as we saw last year AVT kept the OL afloat moving across the line after injuries. The ability to slide in at starting level performance in multiple OL positions makes the entire OL better. The OL kept afloat while he was covering injuries but went to piss when he went down. Both tackles seem like huge question marks going into the season and losing the player who is starting RG and effectively the backup at both OT would be a huge loss. Rodgers needs a competent OL.

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Bronx said:

It's all subjective at this time, but let's hope that AVT stays healthy. I do have high hopes for Tippmann and he will be a future anchor of this team as well. We just can't afford losing AVT at least until the OL syncs. 

It would suck to lose AVT but it's only a critical issue if other starting o-linemen start going down. He has so much versatility to play at a high level at any spot he's more valuable.

If you only lose AVT, we have fine interior depth. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, nycdan said:

He's not top-3, but may the football gods keep Greg the Leg safe please!  I don't want to see what pulling a random kicker off the scrap heap would do to us.

I was thinking along those lines, but it's Hennessy, the long snapper. His absence would affect both kickers. As for a top three, ah, I have to think in terms of "is there someone (or no one) to step up"? So, AR is numero uno. Q actually would be my number 2, despite the DL depth, because he is a matchup monster on all three downs. Then, #3 is Wilson - just too many points lost if he goes down for a stretch. 

38 minutes ago, JiF said:

Rodgers is the duh, probably should have asked excluding Rodgers but otherwise I'd say Q.Will, AVT and Mosley, mostly because they play positions where they expose their body more then say Wilson or Sauce.  AVT you saw the regression last season and Q. Will too when he was out or limited and there is zero depth beyond Mosley. 

Lets Go Eating GIF by BYU Cougars

• Haha 1

Wilson is a bad choice for this exercise because while he's elite, the Jets offense could survive and be dangerous with Lazard-Davis-Hardman as the three starting WRs along with Breece-Cook-Carter-Izzy at RB and Uzomah-Conklin-Ruckert at TE.

Sauce makes our coverages work and QWill makes our D-line dominant.

• Upvote 2