This new DAZN service for NFL game pass sucks

jgb

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

What is this the overseas thing? 

Yep

Just now, mrcoops said:

Yup. It's basically our Sunday Ticket.

Changed providers this year, to DAZN. It has not gone very well.

Just hit me with 5 minutes of ads in the front end and let me switch without more ads! This shee is expensive to boot. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Drums said:

It’s the worst. Gamepass was okay but this is straight up terrible. They have photos of Hard knocks but still don’t have any Jets episodes. I’m mad over this garbage. 

Both episodes of Hard Knocks are on DAZN. They don't appear until Thursday though but they are there for me at least. Chromecast is still missing though 👎

• Upvote 1

What you mention is bad but I think it’s worse that there are huge problems even getting the game on - seems like they have huge technical issues. I’m not even talking about live feed necessarily.

Anyway. Not surprisingly this is something we have to live with if we want to follow the Jets in Europe. But I encourage everyone who has the app to complain to DAZN.

• Upvote 1

Why is the NFL even outsourcing this?

NFL dot com.  Pay us 300 bucks and watch any game anytime.  They could get a lot of ad revenue dollars going directly in to the owners pockets.

Honestly NFL teams should be owned by the city or group of counties in the surrounding area.  Would make sense for a city to build a stadium because all that sweet TV money pays for itself and a thousand other things communities could use.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

What is this the overseas thing? 

Yes, and it's a god damn sh*t show.

On vacation in France right now and DAZN wouldn't allow me to access my account because it's registered in England.  Had to get a VPN before the game to watch.

But from what I can see, there's no all 22 (which they said would be included), the ad breaks @jgb mentioned and more often than not when I click on a game to watch I get some type of error message that does clear up fairly quickly, but it shouldn't be happening 60% of the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Drums said:

It’s the worst. Gamepass was okay but this is straight up terrible. They have photos of Hard knocks but still don’t have any Jets episodes. I’m mad over this garbage. 

Jets episodes are up for me.  Episode 1 was 3 or 4 days late and not sure when episode 2 went up bc I had no internet for a few days.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Gio-Jets said:

In the Uk if the Jets are on sky sports then the game isn’t on DAZN until 24hrs later. Makes a difference now that we have some primetime games.

As others have mentioned…..for the price we are paying it’s awful. 

That was the same deal with NFL.com though.  And yes, it sucks.  Hopefully the VPN works around that.

20 minutes ago, AFJF said:

That was the same deal with NFL.com though.  And yes, it sucks.  Hopefully the VPN works around that.

Yeah man same thing but when we had one game last year (Thursday against the Jaguars I think) it wasn’t a big deal! This year we will have at least five or six possibly even more.

I have sky but I prefer to watch it on DAZN/Gamepass to avoid the god awful Uk sh*t. 

9 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

No downloads on DAZN either. I used to download games for long train journeys, but that option isn't available.

Paying the same for an inferior service this year.

Did not know that. That is a real bummer. Have a train ride this afternoon 3,5 hours and was planning to see the game from last night..

Inferior indeed.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, CM28 said:

Did not know that. That is a real bummer. Have a train ride this afternoon 3,5 hours and was planning to see the game from last night..

Inferior indeed.

Yeah, I think they have made a vague statement about possibly adding it in the future...but it is a big loss.

7 hours ago, AFJF said:

Jets episodes are up for me.  Episode 1 was 3 or 4 days late and not sure when episode 2 went up bc I had no internet for a few days.

Good to know. I gave up after the second day and found it on Hulu with a VPN. Still, Gamepass was much better the way it was.

On 8/20/2023 at 2:15 AM, jgb said:

Every time you switch between games you have to watch 90 seconds of ads.

Set up my VPN and paid for NFL+ in the US.  Gonna' try to cancel DAZN as soon as I get home from vacation.

They had a post on facebook last night to advertise the NFL package.  I scrolled through about fifty of the comments from customers and I kid you not, 49 people ripping them and one dude like "you guys must be doing it wrong".  Clearly a bot.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Set up my VPN and paid for NFL+ in the US.  Gonna' try to cancel DAZN as soon as I get home from vacation.

They had a post on facebook last night to advertise the NFL package.  I scrolled through about fifty of the comments from customers and I kid you not, 49 people ripping them and one dude like "you guys must be doing it wrong".  Clearly a bot.

Pointless to flip to another game or red zone when Jets on timeout because the ads are longer than the timeout and you’ll need to watch another 90 seconds of ads when you return to the Jets game 

On 8/20/2023 at 3:38 AM, rtnelson said:

NFL dot com.  Pay us 300 bucks and watch any game anytime.  They could get a lot of ad revenue dollars going directly in to the owners pockets.

I would assume because the rights fees they get actually outgross what they might make by owning it themselves. I know that Direct TV did it for that reason -- one of the primary drivers of the rights fees they paid was getting subscriptions and growing their service due to the exclusivity of such a premium product.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an email about Game Pass / DAZN, saying they've been "listening to feedback" (i.e. they realise how pissed off everyone is! :D )

Key changes they're making:

• Return of commercials, half times, analysis etc
  • All 22 / Game in 40 / Sunday in 60
  • 1080p hi def for all games

• Upvote 3