Mekhi Becton just won the RT job tonight

Rhg1084

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Funny since we took Becton over Wirfs because Wirfs was a RT we needed an LT and now Wirfs is playing LT and Becton is playing RT.

We also drafted Becton when we had just signed Fant, who was better at LT than RT, to a big contract.

Funny how things work out. If Becton nails down that RT job, all will be forgotten.

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

We also drafted Becton when we had just signed Fant, who was better at LT than RT, to a big contract.

Funny how things work out. If Becton nails down that RT job, all will be forgotten.

I'll never forgot until Becton has a couple pro bowls and an all pro under his belt as a member of the Jets. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

He's been good all training camp. He should also be getting reps at LT with the starters. Can't rely on Duane Brown. 

Agreed. Don’t understand why Brown is just the unquestion starter at LT. Becton fully healthy is probably better than Brown at this point anyway. With that being said, not sure if Brown could play RT

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe Rodgers, over a bowl of shrimp scampi, explained to Becton that Jawaan Taylor just got $20 mil per to play right tackle for the Chiefs.

Random thought…

Italian food is so boring.  You can name the menu at any restaurant without seeing it.   

There are so many of them because it is profitable.   You can throw a bunch of pasta that costs $1 onto a plate with a protein and some cheese, and then charge $20+.  

ZERO creativity in Italian food….

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 11
  • WTF? 6
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 6
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe Rodgers, over a bowl of shrimp scampi, explained to Becton that Jawaan Taylor just got $20 mil per to play right tackle for the Chiefs.

Probably 80%+ chance one of two scenarios happen with Becton end of this season -- Jets let him walk in FA or Jets are forced to tag him because he wants outta here and Jets want to keep him.

Just now, jgb said:

Probably 80%+ chance one of two scenarios happen with Becton end of this season -- Jets let him walk in FA or Jets are forced to tag him because he wants outta here and Jets want to keep him.

There’s a long stretch of road between here and there though. It was a week ago that everyone on the Jets beat left Becton off the 53

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

There’s a long stretch of road between here and there though. It was a week ago that everyone on the Jets beat left Becton off the 53

He was never getting cut for the same reason Zach was never getting cut

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

You should try places other than the Olive Garden

Cute.  I have eaten at many fine dining restaurants of all genres.  Worked in commercial kitchens.  Italian is like the European version of comfort food.  Heavy.  Profitable.  Lack of creativity. 

Nothing elegant about it…

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

That never made sense, even if you are a becton skeptic 

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Jets leaked that to provide more external motivation on Becton, since that's all he has shown any tendency to react to.

• Upvote 2

Just now, RoadFan said:

Cute.  I have eaten at many fine dining restaurants of all genres.  Worked in commercial kitchens.  Italian is like the European version of comfort food.  Heavy.  Profitable.  Lack of creativity. 

Ok, pal.

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Random thought…

Italian food is so boring.  You can name the menu at any restaurant without seeing it.   

There are so many of them because it is profitable.   You can throw a bunch of pasta that costs $1 onto a plate with a protein and some cheese, and then charge $20+.  

ZERO creativity in Italian food….

Should have kept it to yourself....lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I’m right though, yeah?  Can’t you describe the vast majority of a menu at an Italian restaurant before you see it?  

Same for every NY steakhouse, sushi place, Vietnamese restaurant, Chinese restaurant, German biergarten, Greek restaurant, Mexican restaurant, English pub, Brazilian steakhouse, etc. etc. etc.

If you want surprises, go to a fusion joint.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I’m right though, yeah?  Can’t you describe the vast majority of a menu at an Italian restaurant before you see it?  

I don’t want spiral cut veggies on top of my pasta just give me the pasta. 

oh, and Greek food is better than Italian food 

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1