Saleh Should Play the Starters vs Giants

Should Saleh play starters vs Giants?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should Saleh play starters vs Giants?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/26/2023 at 06:48 AM

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Who’s playing left tackle? 

What could be more Jetsy than to lose Aaron Rodgers to a serious injury in a pre-season game against the fuggin Giants of all teams with Hard Knocks documenting the agonizing fallout?

I'd be impressed if Saleh has the cojones to go for it, TBH.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Brown comes back and looks ok then I’d give them a series, but I’m not putting Rodgers out there against a bunch of desperate Giants third stringers with Max Mitchell at LT. 

Max would need to bring in grief counselors if this season implodes before it begins while on HK

i would start the OL no matter what. Rodgers can sit.

we have witness how Saleh barely plays the starters on OL and both years our OL in week 1 looks like sh*t. we need them playing together in a real game before week 1 with a hungry very good Bills defense.

your all worried about Rodgers getting hurt in preseason but how bad would it be if we lost him in week 1 cause the line isnt used to working together.

yes sit Rodgers, but the OL must play the 1st qt or half.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Imo the guys should get some live bullets before w1. Even if it's just 2-3 series. I can see holding breece out but all the rest including Duane Brown need a dress rehearsal.

I don’t disagree but after the last couple pre season of injury devastation I can easily see why they might not. 

36 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What difference does it make if we lose a starter in 2 or 3 series of a preseason game or week 1? 

Doesn’t answer my question. When we lost Mosley one half of a game into the season, at least we got one good half out of him. I see no advantage to playing starters in the preseason against players on the other side desperate to make a play just to try to stay in the league. 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What difference does it make if we lose a starter in 2 or 3 series of a preseason game or week 1? 

I’m all for it. 2 or 3 series.I know so and so coach doesn’t play starters and blah. 

SF had their offense on the field in week 3.  With Purdy coming back from surgery. 

im not a fan of playing it safe or scared.  Yeah it’s a long season but I’d like to see them have a few reps together in a game. First 6 weeks aren’t a time to “tune up” with this schedule

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

I’m all for it. 2 or 3 series.I know so and so coach doesn’t play starters and blah. 

SF had their offense on the field in week 3.  With Purdy coming back from surgery. 

im not a fan of playing it safe or scared.  Yeah it’s a long season but I’d like to see them have a few reps together in a game. First 6 weeks aren’t a time to “tune up” with this schedule

I’d play them the first half. Let Rodgers throw 10-15 passes. If the chiefs see value in putting Mahomes out there then there’s zero reason for the Jets to hold people back.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Stark said:

You think they’re gonna be all tuned up after a couple of series? Good to go, firing on all cylinders?

3 hours ago, slats said:

What difference would two or three series in a preseason game make in a 17 game regular season? I’d say essentially none unless we lose a starter, then a lot. 

We need to see what the F it's up before regular season, don't you 🤔?

12 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Imo the guys should get some live bullets before w1. Even if it's just 2-3 series. I can see holding breece out but all the rest including Duane Brown need a dress rehearsal.

Looks like Saleh heard you.  As per Costello Roger's is playing Saturday and if he is playing I'm sure that the other starters are also 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Doesn’t answer my question. When we lost Mosley one half of a game into the season, at least we got one good half out of him. I see no advantage to playing starters in the preseason against players on the other side desperate to make a play just to try to stay in the league. 

knock the rust off, start to get a little in sync so your first live bullets that count towards W's & L's aren't totally out of sync. 

• Upvote 1