Jump to content

Every Snap - Zach, Johnson II, McDonald IV, Izzy, Knight, Becton, Tippmann


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Jermaine Johnson looks like a completely different player. And Will McDonald just absolutely jumps off the screen (and still has a ton of room to improve his get off). It’s preseason but we could be looking at a really fun pair of homegrown edge rushers after years and years of mediocrity or worse at the position.

An Abraham and Ellis pairing would be phenomenal.  Imagine the Jets drafting premium positions like DE, CB, WR in the past two years and hitting on 4 guys in those spots?  Might be paydirt!

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Jermaine Johnson looks like a completely different player. And Will McDonald just absolutely jumps off the screen (and still has a ton of room to improve his get off). It’s preseason but we could be looking at a really fun pair of homegrown edge rushers after years and years of mediocrity or worse at the position.

With Qball coming at you up the middle.  Where will the QB be safe?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

Jermaine Johnson looks like a completely different player. And Will McDonald just absolutely jumps off the screen (and still has a ton of room to improve his get off). It’s preseason but we could be looking at a really fun pair of homegrown edge rushers after years and years of mediocrity or worse at the position.

Jermaine Johnson is the 4th best pass rusher on this team. Still too stiff for a pass rusher Huff, McDonald and Lawson will dominate snaps on passing downs. He did nothing tonight

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

So I take it everybody looked amazing.

How only 6 pts scored?

Zach is completing the underneath stuff at a 70% clip, we just need him to be able to trust the line, give it a tick and be ready to rifle it towards a playmaker who is just about to get open downfield before hitting his checkdowns before something is about to break open.

They've taught him to speed up his clock and hit someone if you don't see it.  Now we just need him to slow that clock just a tad and wait for things to develop.

Not tooting his horn, not even saying progress.  His field vision is low right now but they are doing their best to work through that phase.

You can maybe say he has talent, some here may disagree.  But right now it looks all between the ears.  Maybe it'll click.  But hopefully when it counts we won't have to find out then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

So I take it everybody looked amazing.

How only 6 pts scored?

The first half was Zach looking ok. Hackett was doing a good job spreading everyone out and running receivers in front of Zach’s face, which led to some decent pitch-and-catch. Bogged down when they approached the red zone where it wasn’t as easy to spread the defense out. Also gave a lot of carries to Bam Knight, who was freaked out playing for a job and, as a result, sucked. 
 

Second half was Tim Boyle trying to not get hurt in case he has to work out for CFL teams next week. It felt like everyone playing in the second half knew they were soon to be unemployed and collectively unspooled.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The first half was Zach looking ok. Hackett was doing a good job spreading everyone out and running receivers in front of Zach’s face, which led to some decent pitch-and-catch. Bogged down when they approached the red zone where it wasn’t as easy to spread the defense out. Also gave a lot of carries to Bam Knight, who was freaked out playing for a job and, as a result, sucked. 
 

Second half was Tim Boyle trying to not get hurt in case he has to work out for CFL teams next week. It felt like everyone playing in the second half knew they were soon to be unemployed and collectively unspooled.

Unspooled? Elegant, now where the hell is my pasta fajioli? 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Key'd in on Tippy to see if I could tell where he got banged up and no clue...didnt see it all.  They played him exclusively at G at first and then had him in at C and it was meh.  not my favorite film for Tippy.  He didnt seem to make a lot of space in the run game, didnt move his man off the spot, kind of clumsy at times, reaching and falling over a few times too.  Pass pro he looks much better though he doesnt exactly hold his blocks that long.  He's a baby, so not concerned but not sure if we should be rushing to handing him a starting job either. 

I tell you every time I key in the OL, Tristan Colon seems to stand out.  Dude can move, you see him often running down the field for blocks in the run game and I havent seen a rep where he's been beat egregiously. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

Key'd in on Tippy to see if I could tell where he got banged up and no clue...didnt see it all.  They played him exclusively at G and it was meh.  not my favorite film for Tippy.  He didnt seem to make a lot of space in the run game, didnt move his man off the spot, kind of clumsy at times, reaching and falling over a few times too.  Pass pro he looks much better though he doesnt exactly hold his blocks that long.  He's a baby, so not concerned but not sure if we should be rushing to handing him a starting job either. 

I tell you every time I key in the OL, Tristan Colon seems to stand out.  Dude can move, you see him often running down the field for blocks in the run game and I havent seen a rep where he's been beat egregiously. 

Kiper’s issue with Tippman was that he was an awkward mover who spent too much time on the ground, which kinda checks out. Brugler loved him, though. My feeling is that we drafted him because at the end of the day we’re going to run the ball more than people think. Gonna be very Titans-y

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Kiper’s issue with Tippman was that he was an awkward mover who spent too much time on the ground, which kinda checks out. Brugler loved him, though. My feeling is that we drafted him because at the end of the day we’re going to run the ball more than people think. Gonna be very Titans-y

Interesting what Mel said because that checks out after seeing that film...and the game before.  I pretty much unilaterally hated this OL class, so I didnt do a ton of draft looking this year.  But in that tape, when ever he moved forward or laterally, it just didnt seem very natural and he didnt really engage in his blocks, like I said, a little reachy, clumsy, definitely fell over a few times much better when he could just plant his base and in pass pro but still, he didnt exactly lock anyone down either. 

Wonder if C is a little easier for him because it's a bit more reactionary and you're not blocking is space as much and trying to dictate like Guards do?  Would make sense why he's reaching in the run game but much more stable in pass pro.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tippman seems to play with his hair on fire when he is moving to the 2nd level and beyond. This guy might end up on the ground because he is overzealous, but IMO he is going to block countless more linebackers and DBs than McGovern could ever dream of. Maybe just needs to discipline/harness his energy alittle. And I havent seen him pushed back into the pocket yet either. Seems to be VERY strong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...