Good Drop Off Spot for Met Life

Does anybody have a decent place they can recommend for drop off/pick up before/after a game?   I've read about the designated area between D Lot and E Lot and it sounds messy.  I don't mind walking as long as I'm not hopping through freeway traffic.  I guess the train to Secaucus Junction is an option, but if there is a place near the stadium that people use, I'd rather just walk to it.  Thanks for any advice.

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

Does anybody have a decent place they can recommend for drop off/pick up before/after a game?   I've read about the designated area between D Lot and E Lot and it sounds messy.  I don't mind walking as long as I'm not hopping through freeway traffic.  I guess the train to Secaucus Junction is an option, but if there is a place near the stadium that people use, I'd rather just walk to it.  Thanks for any advice.

Train is good like you said, and also the bar Reds has a shuttle to the stadium as well

• Upvote 1

when i park at games i usually bring my grandson along. He wears a yellow vest and hops out of the car to direct traffic if things get congested. No one has every questioned it and I always beat the traffic. You can probably do the same when dropping off/picking up.

Train station. Why people who have access to the train drive there is beyond me. Unless of course you're bringing an entire kitchen along with you for tailgating. Past that the train is a good deal. No driving in traffic. If you get tanked up don't have to drive, at least for a while. It cost less or as much as a parking pass, and you aren't spending for gas. The train annex at the stadium is the only good thing about the new stadium.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Train station. Why people who have access to the train drive there is beyond me. Unless of course you're bringing an entire kitchen along with you for tailgating. Past that the train is a good deal. No driving in traffic. If you get tanked up don't have to drive, at least for a while. It cost less or as much as a parking pass, and you aren't spending for gas. The train annex at the stadium is the only good thing about the new stadium.

Just my two cents, Depending on where you're coming from, I think the train situation to MetLife sucks.  Coming from NYC (or farther east), the bus from Port Authority is far superior (at least on the way there). 

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

This....have family who use the train and its soooo much easier then those of us suckers driving (I have no choice, dont live near the train)

But if i could I would and if more people did it ease up getting in the lot.